FACE-OFF!!! ((A little pre-WWE '13 fun)) *Open for suggestions!* ((UPDATED CM PUNK & BILLY KIDMAN ADDED!!))

ANTI-

Hey there... So, as you may or may not know, I'm kinda stuck at home with an arm in a cast for a little while....WWE '13 doesn't come out for another little stretch of time, and I'm not done having fun with '12, even though I'm done doing full CAWs... Just figured I'd go on a spree of making random faces whenever I was bored and/or tired of watching stuff on Netflix... Feel free to give suggestions!... You never know which formulas I wind up converting to WWE '13, even though the current plan is to go mainly oldschool... :cool:.. I don't want to make any more CAWs for '12 with '13 so close, but faces are kind of my strength anyway, so let's make this fun...

Let the random face-off begin! Suggestions welcome! :) I dunno..maybe it'll even build a little hype for what I come up with for the next game...who knows? :fedup:

disclaimer: These aren't gonna be the result of hours and hours of tweeking or anything...just kind of me challenging myself with producing decent [facial] likenesses of people I like in like a maximum of an hour each... :nod:..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED PUNK FACE - SEPT. 14, 2012

0004831.jpg

0004836.jpg

0004847.jpg

0004854o.jpg

and then I gave Billy Kidman a shot by request... just something off to me about the eyes and lips still, but not too off. If I come anywhere near nailing the face, I can see myself making an oldschool Kidman for '13...so...

BILLY KIDMAN

0004855.jpg

0004862.jpg

0004864.jpg

some oldschool faces coming next... :cool:

CM Punk:

0004822.jpg

0004830.jpg

0004802.jpg

Teddy Hart:

0004825.jpg

0004826.jpg

0004813.jpg

0004817.jpg

AJ Lee:

0004796.jpg

0004828.jpg

more to come....

ps- sorry about pic quality....old digital camera + taking pictures with one fidgety arm = these shots. lol

Teddy & AJ look great! Punk is okay, could use a bit more work in the face though. The mouth width looks too wide, and the nose bridge seems a bit too thin, to me. Everything above that looks great though, it's cool you've managed to get his eye area so well in such little time. The bags under the eyes looks freaking legit too.

Teddy & AJ look great! Punk is okay, could use a bit more work in the face though. The mouth width looks too wide, and the nose bridge seems a bit too thin, to me. Everything above that looks great though, it's cool you've managed to get his eye area so well in such little time. The bags under the eyes looks freaking legit too.

Hey thanks dude. Yeah, my main issue with the Punk face is his jawline. He has a really like.....hillbilly whiteboy-like jawline, actually. Not sure how to explain it beyond that. lol. But I know Punk's model is beyond taken care of for '13; I just kind of wanted to show myself that I could nail it if I wanted to...and you can only imagine what I could do and how insanely I'd nail it if I spent like...a week [off and on] fine tuning it, as opposed to virtually everyone I've seen who had great Punk attires, but 'meh...not really..' faces..lol :cool:...I might do a little more work on it, though, and keep your suggestions in mind. Might even switch the facial hair too just to show how close to Punk it actually is... ;)

Then the only things about Teddy are his mouth and shadowing around his eyes,but I might have plans for him in 13...we'll see.

AJ looks the most complete of the 3 faces, which is surprising to me, given how much complaining I hear about the Diva side of CAW mode. My pics don't do her eye area justice. I'm still a little iffy on exact mouth sizing, but I pretty much nailed her face, I think. Like...if you've been following WWE over the past year, you can tell who that is, y'know? ..

Nothing like good old self belief "i nailed this, i nailed that" :cool: they all look like who they are sussposed to be, But far from "nailed".

Compared to people who took over a month to make the same people and yet, at the end, still had faces that didn't even come close to how close these are, "nailed" is a good way to put it for [not even] an hour's work. :lol: My track record indicates that I know what "nailed" [and/or "pretty much nailed" ] means...this is more of a "I could completely nail this if I put serious CAW'ing effort into it.." kind of topic... Hell, there are some people, like Captain Lou Albano, that I worked on for like 2 months and just gave up on because I couldn't get even a half-decent face on him. :fedup:....But ya gotta have self-belief if you know you're good....maybe not as good as the best, but better than most... noone else is gonna believe it for ya... Just don't proclaim it and then be terrible....lol

People seem to be taking my comments way too serious lately, i am just saying the way you put "nailed" it on punk and AJ was good old self belief, i have never nailed any caw or took cawing so seriously man, i said they look like who they are sussposed to be :cool: track record?? who andre, sammartino and the loose cannon all good in my opinion.

People seem to be taking my comments way too serious lately, i am just saying the way you put "nailed" it on punk and AJ was good old self belief, i have never nailed any caw or took cawing so seriously man, i said they look like who they are sussposed to be :cool: track record?? who andre, sammartino and the loose cannon all good in my opinion.

I wasn't taking it serious; I got what you meant, man...it's all good. :cool: I just wasn't sure if you didn't read my short 'disclaimer' and thought I was actually putting a shitload of effort into what's in those pictures. And that's so far from the truth. :lol: Got any suggestions on wrestlers? It can be whoever....October 30 is a long wait for someone who can't really go out and do much at the moment...lol

Oh and yeah, my track record isn't a huge one like Dr Vries or anything, but I'm working on it, Maybe this year, but I know I wanna make a bunch of oldschool people to combat all the bandwagon Attitude era CAWs shit that's gonna be going on around here. lol

Love this AJ, you should make Wrestling attires for her

What's the gimmick of this Punk? I'd guess it's the Nexus gimmick

Can you finish it with nexus attires please or send the cas file to me? Thanks

It's the current look Punk, but I went a little longer on the hair because I couldn't find another one I really liked.

Far as AJ goes, it isn't getting finished....I'm just making faces for fun, and I'm using hair I ripped from a Rick Rude texture for her eyebrows, and then a "tan" texture on her face. So, I could give a formula and it still wouldn't look like mine, so why bother?..lol... You're getting AJ as DLC in WWE '13, but if the attires leave something to be desired, I could give her a shot then.... I highly doubt I'll be doing that, though. :fedup:

That sucks your arm's in a cast. I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Hey thanks dude. :)

These are just questions so dont take them wrong. :cool: Why don't you put front, angled, and profile caw mode pics of you're caws, could judge them better? allso why are punk and teddy grey beneth the neck, did you put age quite high on punk, then cover the whole head or something, looks like it?

These are just questions so dont take them wrong. :cool: Why don't you put front, angled, and profile caw mode pics of you're caws, could judge them better? allso why are punk and teddy grey beneth the neck, did you put age quite high on punk, then cover the whole head or something, looks like it?

I just had the random idea to just make faces and have fun and experiment and what not, since faces are the thing I have the most fun doing when making CAWs....below the neck is a different skintone because I use this "tan" pt logo I have, and it came out closest to each person's actual skintone with whatever skin color selection you see below the neck. If I were gonna make a whole CAW, I'd just use that pt logo to cover the rest of the body and you'd never know the difference. :cool:

I manly just focused on how they looked from the front and didn't really spend much time on side-view face morphing... but, in general, I don't do the usual front, angled. CAW mode pics like everyone else because I find the real way to test a CAW out is in-game. CAW mode shots just don't work for my CAWs the way they do for everyone else, because I do all these abstract things to make it look accurate and fun in-game and not out of place at all or undersized, whereas a problem I have with a bunch of people is that they focus so much on getting things to look perfect in CAW mode without even thinking about how different things are when you actually put your CAW ingame. I dunno...I like taking my stylized pictures and what not. Even people who are still skeptical of my shit will download a CAW of mine and still be like "Holy shit....his pics were awesome, and yet, they don't even begin to do this justice! This is great!"..lol. As for Punk, yeah, I put a significant amount of age on his face because the "tan" PT logo, when applied to the face, eliminates most of the age spots and what not, so I can turn his age up to 80 and give him his forehead creases and eyebags and crow's feet and stuff without any visible marks or spots on the face...works out perfectly. ;). One of the many little tricks I pick up through fun projects like this that let me experiment and shit. :nod:

Wow, these all look great. Well done man.

One face the hasnt been nailed this year or (every year pretty much) is Billy Kidman..maybe you should give that a shot- allentown is only a short ways from Lancaster;)

Hell yeah. One of my favorite things about Kidman was that he was billed as being from Allentown in WCW. I'll give it a shot. :cool:

I also did a little more work on the Punk and Teddy faces, so I'll get around to posting some updated shots in a bit. :)

I like the way you're taking a different approach on Punk. It looks nothing like any other CAW of him I've seen before, and trust me that's a good thing.

Can we expect any Raven's Flock attires for Kidman 'cause I just so happen to have the two shirt logo's he wore while in the group.

I like the way you're taking a different approach on Punk. It looks nothing like any other CAW of him I've seen before, and trust me that's a good thing.

Can we expect any Raven's Flock attires for Kidman 'cause I just so happen to have the two shirt logo's he wore while in the group.

Chance is strong that if I get closer [to my liking] to nailing his facial likeness, I'm going for him in '13, as, chance is also strong that CAW mode will be mostly the same... I, as most people, am way more partial to WCW Kidman, and my favorite incarnation of him in that era was when he was in the Raven's Flock. I also liked the clean cut white wifebeater and jean shorts phase too. I always thought he'd be another big star like Jericho if worked on his mic skills and had a bit more charisma...even if the whole Hogan angle did make him AND Hulk look really silly. Not sure why he never "made it" too far when he got into WWE as a wrestler, but oh well...shit happens...

Anyway, yeah....ideally...I'd go for one Raven's Flock look attire, one attire of the clean-cut tanktop and jean shorts babyface look....one attire of something he might've worn during the Filthy Animalz stuff, and then one attire of an attire he wore during the WCW/ECW "Invasion" era, so stay in touch, dude.. still got another little stretch of time to go and I'm not even sure Kidman'll be my first guy... :cool:

And to the other dudes, thanks for the feedback! I'll see what I can pull off with the aspects of Billy's face I don't quite love yet... it usually magically works out after I step away from the game for a bit and then see the CAW again with fresh eyes. :nod:

Archived