Noticed Slight Commentary Tweak

rymyst3rio

While watching this video I noticed a few things.

1st You can hear a notable difference with the crowd at the beginning of the video, the slight chatter of the crowd really does like it was pulled straight from a wwe event

2nd We hear the crowd get slightly louder as Bret goes for the piledriver, but its pretty bland imo. And when he goes for the sharpshooter they don't get any louder or any more intense

Finally, at the very end Cole says "The champion Bret Hart wins", now maybe I missed it in last years game but I don't remember the commentators referring to the champions in the match as champion, if that is indeed new I think thats a nice little addition.

I like it, although I would have probably got that loud crowd reaction hit when he was going for the sharpshooter and not the piledriver. I would have raised the crowd noise a bit when he was going for the piledriver and did the loud reaction when he was about to hit the finisher.

Seems a little backwards to me but I still like it, way better than any reaction we've had in past wrestling games.

Nice observation. It definitely shows improvement, and I know Cory has said in interviews that the audio overhaul is a work in progress, so hopefully we only have better things to look forward to (provided the series continues).

What I'd like to see is a stat system based around the crowd reaction.

Either tie it to the Quick/Normal/Epic match length (where by the end of an Epic match it sounds like Hogan vs. Rock at WMX8)...

Or, maybe more realistically, tie it to the individual Superstar's Charisma Stat, or maybe a whole new stat like Crowd Reaction or something, so that ANY time you'd put together people on the level of a Rock and Hogan, you'd get the proper reaction to everything they do, versus the reaction you get when Hunico faces Jinder Mahal.

I notice the King of the Ring sign there. Hope the arena and actual tournament are in the game in some capacity.

King Of The Ring '98 will be in the game, that's pretty certain considering they've shown the HITC match from that show pretty often already in the previews. It's not that great of an arena, but I'm sure we get it. the '99 arena was pretty cool, with all kinds of ladders set up to create a tunnel sort of walkway, but I doubt we'll get that one as it falls after Mania 15.

But '98 will almost certainly be in the game.

I notice the King of the Ring sign there. Hope the arena and actual tournament are in the game in some capacity.

Yeah, I'd posted that in the signs thread...makes me hopeful too but I'd bet it's another AE exclusive (when these 'exclusives' should actually be unlockables)...but we shall have to wait and see.

Is it possible for the commentators to talk during entrances?

Just wondering as it would be awesome if they did.

Anyway I like how the crowd is better this year. Hopefully their isn't anything weird about commentary like you do a clothesline for example and they shut out what a Neckbreaker or whatever.

Nice find.

the worse part of that video for me is the King saying "Hitman landing shots" as Bret hit the bulldog, why don't they call the names properly? Looks like another year with muted commentary.

Probably an early build, and they're still tweaking the commentary.

I like it, it sounds a lot more realistic than last years. I was mainly sick of all the lines we'd hear over and over last year

"Thats it he's done" "Ah paintbrushed him" ... I can't think of anymore but there's at least 5 lines I've heard over and over.

"CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? THIS IS AN UNDYING WILL TO SUCCEED"

Archived