WWE.com Names The Top 15 World Heavyweight Champions (WWE Version)

V to I

Edge should be #2, IMO. Batista might have held the title longer, but I always felt like Edge made a much more credible champion - in the ring, with his performances, with his character, and on the mic. The most striking champion after Triple H, in my books.

Overall, decent list. Placement is the biggest enemy here, but, overall, can't find a lot of flaws. Except Sheamus, he hasn't really had a challenge so far, which questions his placement on the list at all, let alone as high as #6.

As for Hardy... Yes, his wins came off as 'feel-good' moments, but all the three times (his number of reigns), he lost it in his first defence, including losing it once on the same night (when Punk cashed in). So, can't really fit him there, as he barely had any credibility in each of his reigns.

So did Edge. How can you have 11 reigns in just 5 years?

Dude, he's not called The Ultimate Opportunist for no reason. It was part of his character.

Edge should be #2, IMO. Batista might have held the title longer, but I always felt like Edge made a much more credible champion - in the ring, with his performances, with his character, and on the mic. The most striking champion after Triple H, in my books.

Overall, decent list. Placement is the biggest enemy here, but, overall, can't find a lot of flaws. Except Sheamus, he hasn't really had a challenge so far, which questions his placement on the list at all, let alone as high as #6.

As for Hardy... Yes, his wins came off as 'feel-good' moments, but all the three times (his number of reigns), he lost it in his first defence, including losing it once on the same night (when Punk cashed in). So, can't really fit him there, as he barely had any credibility in each of his reigns.

So did Edge. How can you have 11 reigns in just 5 years?

Dude, he's not called The Ultimate Opportunist for no reason. It was part of his character.

Even if, he still shouldn't get that many reigns especially when half of them aren't memorable at all and just put him because they felt like it. I love Edge as much as anyone but he has received way too many title reigns.

Agree that Sheamus shouldn't be on the list and tbh i'm surprised they rated King Booker as high as they did (awesome photo of him looking high as a kite as well lol)

Yeah, I didn't feel like saving the WWE.com photos so I grabbed all of these off Photobucket haha. The WWE.com article doesn't have Booker's bath salts face picture in it, sadly.

Not a bad list imo. Sheamus deserves to be in it. Though I think he should be lower. Cena should be lower as well (Kane should at least be higher than him). Batista and HHH definitely deserved the top two spots.

I disagree. I think Batista deserved to be higher.

Cena shouldn't be in there. He only held the belt for like 3 months during his two title reigns and did nothing memorable with it. Angle should be in his spot if you ask me. When I think Cena, I think the WWE Championship, not the World title.

They had limited choices, what can you really do? Jericho didn't do any better imo, yet he's also in. Orton as well. His win against Benoit was memorable (against Christian's as well, but that's for the wrong reasons), but other than that he didn't really do anything memorable as champ, did he?

When I hear the words WHC I picture 2 people HHH & Edge.

Edge should of been #2 IMO and HHH deserve his #1 spot. I would of put Batista at #3.

Even the article says it this title should represent the flag ship show like it used to do in the past!!

I would put both Batista and Edge on #2. Both were THE world Heavyweight champion everytime they were on the same brand as the title

Sheamus, Cena and maybe Mysterio should all be lower, especially our current Champ. But the WWE is going all the way with him, so I can see why they ranked him at No. 6. No Benoit and no current TNAW stars in this list is not surprising.

The Top 5 choices are perfect though. Undertaker and Edge should be behind Batista, Triple H clearly deserves #1. And I'm really glad Bryan made the list.

When I hear the words WHC I picture 2 people HHH & Edge.

Edge should of been #2 IMO and HHH deserve his #1 spot. I would of put Batista at #3.

Even the article says it this title should represent the flag ship show like it used to do in the past!!

I would put both Batista and Edge on #2. Both were THE world Heavyweight champion everytime they were on the same brand as the title

Agree there the Batista and Edge scenario is kinda complicated since only one of them can be at #2 but they should be in the top 3 none the less

Archived