New Report On When Triple H Will Wrestle Again, Reason For Speech On RAW Last Night

Bridgette

Since SummerSlam, the Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar rematch has been speculated for WWE's Survivor Series and Hell in a Cell pay-per-views.

Now The Wrestling Observer reports that word coming out of RAW was Triple H won't be wrestling again until WrestleMania 29. No word yet if this means Lesnar's WrestleMania opponent will be Triple H or if it means they have nixed the rematch altogether.

WWE originally didn't have a Triple H speech planned for RAW this week. Last night's segment was done because of the crowd reaction they received at SummerSlam. The feeling was that fans didn't take Triple H's "retirement" serious enough at first.

Source: F4WOnline.com

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. I knew they'd do something like this though, as the fans really didn't show any respect for HHH at Summerslam. The "you tapped out" chants were so disrespectful to a guy who has done so much for the wrestling business.

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. I knew they'd do something like this though, as the fans really didn't show any respect for HHH at Summerslam. The "you tapped out" chants were so disrespectful to a guy who has done so much for the wrestling business.

I agree with this. That wasn't the right moment to chant something like that.

Los Angeles is a full of idiots. Tell me...why do they have SummerSlam at Staples Center every year again? Because it's warm? So is Orlando. So is Houston. So are plenty of other "hot spots" that have far more respect for the game (and The Game) than LA.

Doing it again was the smart choice, they needed to make the retirement seem more "official" and what went down at Summerslam didn't make it as convincing, and it kinda made the whole moment awkward. I'm glad they went with this idea.

I agree with this. That wasn't the right moment to chant something like that.

Los Angeles is a full of idiots. Tell me...why do they have SummerSlam at Staples Center every year again? Because it's warm? So is Orlando. So is Houston. So are plenty of other "hot spots" that have far more respect for the game (and The Game) than LA.

Agreed with both.

The time after the match at SummerSlam when the crowd was utterly disrespectful tbh, I'm glad they gave Triple H the time on Raw to get a proper reacion that he deserved.

Oh please, disrespectful? Not in the slightest, maybe those fans, like us on the interwebz, know Triple H isn't really going anywhere any time soon. And for a guy who usually is booked to come out on top even when his career is winding down, it was nice to see him tap out for once.

There's nothing wrong with fans voicing their approval of the match result, even if you feel Triple H is some sort of legend who should be loved by everyone whereever he goes.

Oh please, disrespectful? Not in the slightest, maybe those fans, like us on the interwebz, know Triple H isn't really going anywhere any time soon. And for a guy who usually is booked to come out on top even when his career is winding down, it was nice to see him tap out for once.

There's nothing wrong with fans voicing their approval of the match result, even if you feel Triple H is some sort of legend who should be loved by everyone whereever he goes.

Bingo.

You people are way too sensitive on this subject. We all know that this wasn't his last stand.

Triple H should of gone over at summerslam not the guy who quit WWE in 2004.

It was quite clear what WWE were going for. They wanted it to be a special moment, where one of the all-time-greats (there is no denying that HHH is one) went out after being dominated and hurt by a heel, to the point where they couldn't carry on wrestling. The "You tapped out" chants were clearly not right for that situation. It just made the whole thing awkward.

Can you imagine if it was Shawn or Undertaker in this situation, and we knew they were going to come back in a few months? Would the fans have chanted "You tapped out" to HBK? Of course they wouldn't. I just don't understand why they had to do it for Hunter.

It was quite clear what WWE were going for. They wanted it to be a special moment, where one of the all-time-greats (there is no denying that HHH is one) went out after being dominated and hurt by a heel, to the point where they couldn't carry on wrestling. The "You tapped out" chants were clearly not right for that situation. It just made the whole thing awkward.

Can you imagine if it was Shawn or Undertaker in this situation, and we knew they were going to come back in a few months? Would the fans have chanted "You tapped out" to HBK? Of course they wouldn't. I just don't understand why they had to do it for Hunter.

They probably would chant that to those men if they knew they'd be competing again in a few months. HBK hasn't wrestled since his retirement match, he hasn't been seen on WWE programming except for maybe, 4 times this year and only for shit thats worth his appearance. The Undertaker wrestles once a year and also rarely pops up on TV. Triple H has come back every couple of months to compete (CM Punk NOC 11, Nash TLC 11, The Undertaker WM 28, Lesnar SS 12) and when he isn't competing, he's on tv every other month doing his authority character. You don't want people to chant "You tapped out" then atleast do a better job making us believe that this is it for him. Keep him off TV for more than a couple months, that way when he does decide to come back, it feels more special, when he does lose it'll actually feel like he's taking his ball and going home.

He tapped out, they chanted that he did. I don't see the big deal. It's obvious that wasnt his retirement match, if it was the WWE would have made a hell of a lot more of a deal about it than they did. Sure it was

They probably would chant that to those men if they knew they'd be competing again in a few months. HBK hasn't wrestled since his retirement match, he hasn't been seen on WWE programming except for maybe, 4 times this year and only for shit thats worth his appearance. The Undertaker wrestles once a year and also rarely pops up on TV. Triple H has come back every couple of months to compete (CM Punk NOC 11, Nash TLC 11, The Undertaker WM 28, Lesnar SS 12) and when he isn't competing, he's on tv every other month doing his authority character. You don't want people to chant "You tapped out" then atleast do a better job making us believe that this is it for him. Keep him off TV for more than a couple months, that way when he does decide to come back, it feels more special, when he does lose it'll actually feel like he's taking his ball and going home.

True, but aren't you glad that at least one of those three has decided to stay around and keep wrestling and entertaining the fans? I'm so glad HHH isn't in a position like Taker (only able of wrestling once a year). He also chose to put Lesnar over, which is something most people did not expect.

When HHH finally does hang up his boots (which I don't see happening for at least another 6 months, and even then, I think he'll stick around as an authority figure on TV, just like Vince was), it won't be the same without him as a wrestler. I'll miss not seeing him wrestle, as I've watched him constantly for the past 10 years.

It was disrespectful.

Nah, not at all. As the reasons stated above it was perfectly justified.

@Kirky, I'm entertained by the main guys on the current roster, so I don't need him on tv every other week really. But I don't mind him sticking around , I'd prefer it if he just played an authority character and stopped involving himself in feuds. But with that comes some negatives, with him being around so much, and you try to run a last hurrah angle with him, then chants like"you tapped out" will continue to be directed towards him because we're already aware of the fact that he'll be back. Thats all I'm saying.

About Triple H, who I admire as a wrestler and as a person, I didn't even knew that his match against Lesnar was supposedly going down as his last until they said so the next night on RAW.

Everybody there probably assumed that Triple H was going to re-challenge Brock for another match and for good reason. And the funny part? He is probably going to re-challenge Brock for another match eventually.

And I would chant You Tapped Out to The Undertaker like the dude stole my Xbox if he ever would.

Because of the glamourous Hollywood-gimmick that comes along with it.

The You Tapped Out chants pissed me off so much. Triple H is one of the greatest of all time and they blatantly disrespected him.

Again, it was disrespectful. There's a time and place for certain chants. And SummerSlam was not a time for those chants they gave.

Oh please. So when was the time for it? Never in your opinion right? They have the right to chant what they want, when they want, thats just part of the pleasure of being a fan.

Oh please. So when was the time for it? Never in your opinion right?

Well during his monster heel run me would think

They have the right to chant what they want, when they want, thats just part of the pleasure of being a fan.

No one is disputing this, but doesn't make it any less disrespectful imo.

Because he isn't a heel they can't chant "You tapped out"? Is it some written rule that you must respect the face all the time? As said before, had it been his actual last match, maybe it would've been disrespectful, but majority knows it's not his last match, they know he's not hanging it up just yet, and that he'll be back and be dominant once again. So they were happy with the match result, he tapped out for a change and they let it be known. You can't call a whole arena disrespectful because they didn't cry over a superstar with longevity. It's happened to talent before, Triple H shouldn't have to be exempt from crowd chants.

Archived