Why doesn't CM Punk scream out "It's Clobberin Time!" ?

3lectricity

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really makes no sense because R-Truth would actually sing along to His own theme in 2010.

But for some reason They removed it in 2011.

Edit: Also, Couldn't certain people (like John Cena, Sheamus & The Miz) speak during certain matches under certain conditions in WWE '12?

As already stated, licensing issues. THQ would have to pay Marvel Comics to use it. Would be fine with me if it's in, but also won't bother me if it's not. I'm buying WWE '13 for the gameplay, not to listen to CM Punk yell the line over and over again. There are more important matters.

Why don't people understand that you can't just throw anything and anyone you want in a game? Most random people may not understand or care about copyright laws, but THQ aren't going to risk getting sued.

@Justice Colde

Because R-Truth owns the rights to his theme.

Dude...this question was already answered along with Jericho's "lights out" sound in his entrance. just like the commentary and audio....the footage was VERY early. So it will be in.

You actually don't know that. It would be cool for accuracy but it's not a priority. Especially for a game that only does voiceovers for select superstars. If they do include it, they might as well include "BEST IN THE WORLDDD!!!" for when he gets on the top rope, and "WHATS MY NAMEEE?!?!" for his winning animation.

Clobberin Time just add it like the video. All we need to do is download theme from TheEnmson. Plus add any more theme he got to the wrestler that need to be fix. There you go and you have it fix. So there no need to worry about what the entrance has to be in because i some time don't play the entrance. What i really do is just skip it because some day it get boring wacthing the entrance. Plus i dont care what it is and we can fix it easy it like magic. Well there you go and have a nice day plus try fix my sentence for you read it easy.

They did not add it because i seen all entrance and never see any one like Daniel YES he didn't not talk plus add that for the world heavyweight champ he did not scream so you have to add it and download off the computer because that way it goes don't ask it way they make the game. But one thing Rtrurth really did not say what up it is his music did that and plus Doplh Ziggler he well yells so all sayen is you have to add those from your computer to game and i think we have alout of thing to do on there. Well here another if someone make a topic with those so we can have it soon when it comes out that be great then we have a heads up all sayen they don't have the wrestler voice only story mode you here there voice.

Man could you please repeat what THE *censored* you are trying to say.

As already stated, licensing issues. THQ would have to pay Marvel Comics to use it. Would be fine with me if it's in, but also won't bother me if it's not. I'm buying WWE '13 for the gameplay, not to listen to CM Punk yell the line over and over again. There are more important matters.

Why don't people understand that you can't just throw anything and anyone you want in a game? Most random people may not understand or care about copyright laws, but THQ aren't going to risk getting sued.

@Justice Colde

Because R-Truth owns the rights to his theme.

I get the licensing issues, as a Michael Jordan and Mike Tyson fan of old who barely ever gets to see an updated model in new games....lol...but WWE is such a unique monster where every little aspect of a character's phrases or mannerisms or how they do moves makes up everything about who they are and what seperates them from the pack. I was recently playing Fight Night Champion, and was just kind of...blown away by the realism and how they manage to keep reinventing the game to never make you feel like you're playing the same game you've been playing for years and years. Granted, that's a much more simple sort of machine that doesn't involve specific music, taunts, voiceovers, attires, et cetera....but as much as I compare WWE to the UFC and boxing and other sports-type games, the more see the potential in WWE, being the unique sport-theatre artform that it is, to be all those things and so much more. And I feel the gameplay is still pretty robotic and choppy or blocky-looking or something...they're trying; it's easy to see, but it just doesn't flow in a way that's fun or mindblowing at all, really.....and the game lighting and camera positioning, and CAW mode options and wrestlers using alot of the same moves and little details such as entrance attires go missing so often. The lack of "It's Clobberin' Time!!!" is just a piece of a much bigger problem. I'm not trying to be a downer...I love these games and buy them every year. They're my Madden. And I enjoy the games for good bits of time after I buy them. And CAW mode is amazing these days, even with the things that I, as a CAW maker, think that it lacks. But overall, I don't get the experience I feel I should be getting from playing this. And I'm definitely not alone. They shouldn't risk getting sued. But they're a business, Marvel's a business, Pepsi's a business....find a way to compromise. "You scratch my back, I scratch yours."...:"We'll pay x-amount, and as a bonus, you let us do this and we'll promote Pepsi for awhile, or the next GI Joe film which has one of our guys in it anyway, on our world-wide watched Monday and Friday shows."...Customer's always right. The second the entrance hits all the way 'til the end of the post-match cutscene animations are a part of the gameplay, as far as I'm concerned, even if, of course, what goes on from bell-to-bell is the most important. :fedup:

Because what exactly does it contribute to the game other than novelty?

Because if EA Sports had control of this game, they'd make sure no stone was left unturned, and everything you saw on television was captured, and THEN add a bunch of crazy awesome shit once they've nailed the basics...but I won't even get into that whole argument...this game was basically (besides the whole Attitude thing) based around Punk from day one, which means every detail about him as we see him and everything about what he does and how he does it should be captured, down to every last copyrighted tattoo and every last little phrase he utters during his signature entrance. It should all be there....same for all the bigger stars, really. Even people who don't watch wrestling more than casually or occasionally will laugh at CM Punk yelling something during his entrance that noone hears. lol.F*ck.....I'm gonna go back to college and start working on video games in the hopes that I get hired to work exclusively on WWE shit...lol

If EA Sports did it, games would be exactly the same or downgrade something (Superstar mode in Madden). The Madden series have be lackin anyting important to gameplay since 08. It took them a good while to fix the defense AI and put physics in the game. *Have yet to see if its done right*

it has nothing do with thing from fantastic four , if you know anything about hardcore at all its in homage to NYHC STALWARTS SICK OF IT ALL

Actually, according to Punk himself it's inspired by Thing, because he smashes and he can totally relate, AND the band.

Archived