Why doesn't CM Punk scream out "It's Clobberin Time!" ?

3lectricity

Yeah so, why doesn't he scream that out? Is it because it's The Thing's catch phrase in Fantastic Four? WWE is a big company I don't see why they can't sort out that issue.

Here's a vid with the edited catch phrase in his Entrance made by TheEnmson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f9cLGiPoxY

It blends in perfect right? Oh and people also said, "If the theme had that catch phrase added in, it would sound weird if someone's entrance animation wasn't CM Punk's" well I think it would be how Mr. Kennedy's entrance was when he announced himself (Not mattering Which Theme you had).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude...this question was already answered along with Jericho's "lights out" sound in his entrance. just like the commentary and audio....the footage was VERY early. So it will be in.

I dunno. There's always shit that they say "Oh, it's not missing...this is just an early version of the game....blah blah et cetera..." and then the game comes out and it's exactly the same...It's not the biggest deal in the world...I mean, I guess some talented person will come along and release his own edit of Punk's theme perfectly timed with a "It's Clobberin' Time!!!!" soundbyte to match up with where Punk's saying it (even though it might be weird to hear playing when Punk wins.) just like the dude did for that video, for us all to use... But when I saw his entrance, it's the only thing I was left disappointed with...I thought I heard him say it the first time I saw the video, then I played it back to make sure, and realized he didn't say it at all. Could be worse, I guess.....they could've left out a whole signature part of his appearance that fans have known him for for many years, like his Pepsi and Cobra tattoos......that would be disastrous once...imagine repeatedly for a number of years....Oh...wait... :shift:

I can't even hear it in that video.

Are you kidding? It's perfect. THQ would probably make it all unrealistically loud and polished and soundboothy and shit. That edit blends in perfectly with the crowd and music the way it does on television. "It's the little things.." rings insanely true with our WWE games, and that little soundbyte proves it...I went from being disappointed that it was missing, to watching this edit of it and liking the entrance 10 times more. lol

I can't even hear it in that video.

Are you kidding? It's perfect. THQ would probably make it all unrealistically loud and polished and soundboothy and shit. That edit blends in perfectly with the crowd and music the way it does on television. "It's the little things.." rings insanely true with our WWE games, and that little soundbyte proves it...I went from being disappointed that it was missing, to watching this edit of it and liking the entrance 10 times more. lol

It's not really important but it would sure be nice. If we take a look back at a game that came out over a decade ago, WCW/nWo Revenge for the n64 certain characters had catchphrases to go along with their taunts. Macho Man would say "ooohh yeeeaaahhh!" and Sting would do the "woo" thing, and I heard Hogan say something the other day when doing his finisher. Why can't the current games do that?

Because what exactly does it contribute to the game other than novelty?

Because if EA Sports had control of this game, they'd make sure no stone was left unturned, and everything you saw on television was captured, and THEN add a bunch of crazy awesome shit once they've nailed the basics...but I won't even get into that whole argument...this game was basically (besides the whole Attitude thing) based around Punk from day one, which means every detail about him as we see him and everything about what he does and how he does it should be captured, down to every last copyrighted tattoo and every last little phrase he utters during his signature entrance. It should all be there....same for all the bigger stars, really. Even people who don't watch wrestling more than casually or occasionally will laugh at CM Punk yelling something during his entrance that noone hears. lol.F*ck.....I'm gonna go back to college and start working on video games in the hopes that I get hired to work exclusively on WWE shit...lol

Because what exactly does it contribute to the game other than novelty?

Because if EA Sports had control of this game, they'd make sure no stone was left unturned, and everything you saw on television was captured, and THEN add a bunch of crazy awesome shit once they've nailed the basics...but I won't even get into that whole argument...this game was basically (besides the whole Attitude thing) based around Punk from day one, which means every detail about his televised performances should be captured, down to every last copyrighted tattoo and every last little phrase he utters during his signature entrance. It should all be there....same for all the bigger stars, really. Even people who don't watch wrestling more than casually or occasionally will laugh at CM Punk yelling something during his entrance that noone hears. lol.F*ck.....I'm gonna go back to college and start working on video games in the hopes that I get hired to work exclusively on WWE shit...lol

Good explaination, and good luck with that. lol

Archived