I Want To Have The Attitude Game Settings.

Pretty Flacko

I'm A 14 Year Old Teen. I know you guys that are more older than me probably know about the Attitude Era more than me. Well, I did my research at the age of 9 by watching VHS tapes and listening to what my older relatives had told me and showed me. So I know a heck of alot. But on to the subject.

You guys know the video games WWF Attitude & WWF War Zone. Well...In the Default Settings...Mark Henry had the Nation Theme. X-Pac had DX's Theme. In Attitude...YOU had the ability to change the settings. If you wanted the REAL Attitude feel...you could change the setting to Teen. X-Pac had his Original Theme. Mark Henry had Sexual Chocolate. Well In WWE '13 It looks like were getting A VERY "watered down" version of The Attitude Era. Mike Tyson doesn't even have "Fist". Billy Gunn doesn't Have Mr.Ass On His Tights or Bad Ass as his name. & from the looks of it...X-Pac won't have "Make Some Noise". Road Dogg won't say "Yo Ass Betta Call Someboddayy.!" These little things make a HUGE difference to "Hardcore" WWE Game fans like myself. But with that little setting...It could change EVERYTHING. We could get the Mr.Ass Theme with the attire. We could get the REAL Road Dogg entrance. We could get Mike Tyson's Real Theme. I hope THQ adds this in as an unlockable after beating Attitude Era Mode. Or atleast DLC. That's something I would pay for hands down. Let me know what you guys think below.

So... listening to older dudes and watching old VHS tapes makes you an expert on the attitude era? and at the age of nine?

There must be a condescending wonka meme around here somewhere...

So... listening to older dudes and watching old VHS tapes makes you an expert on the attitude era? and at the age of nine?

never said i was an expert...i was actually watchin at the tender age of 1 and a half...i just missed out on 97-98...so *censored* off

Come on guys, give the kid a break. He has an appreciation for where the attitude era comes from even if he didn't get to live through it like some of us. I like the idea of having the "teen" setting, but doubt we'll get it now. At least we always have the option of adding the corrected themes and customizing things to our liking a little more. I can't wait to get my hands on this game

never said i was an expert...i was actually watchin at the tender age of 1 and a half...i just missed out on 97-98...so *censored* off

:rolleyes:

I get what he's saying cause I was playing WWF Attitude on an emulator the other day and thought of that as well.

That'd be amazing but THQ probably wouldn't do it because Little Jimmy would learn a new word and mommy would bitch and bitch and bitch. Either that or "disk constraints, time constraints, ect."

(Off topic but I loved the fact there were house shows then RAW)

Come on guys, give the kid a break. He has an appreciation for where the attitude era comes from even if he didn't get to live through it like some of us. I like the idea of having the "teen" setting, but doubt we'll get it now. At least we always have the option of adding the corrected themes and customizing things to our liking a little more. I can't wait to get my hands on this game

^This

But I also agree, it is getting rather annoying how much the product is starting to cater to the younger audience. I completely understand the desire for big mainstream sponsors, trying to have a good public image, and making Linda McMahon look good by association. However Vince used to criticize ECW for catering to one demographic of the audience, being the 18-34 male demo. Well it seems now that there is a lot more being catered to the younger demographic nowadays, granted its not to the extreme (no pun intended) that ECW was with their demographic but it is getting ridiculous. There's no reason why they couldn't give the player that option, COD did it with that airport level.

You know this could easily have been solved by A) Making a full Attitude game like LOW, B) Actually slapping a rating of 15 on it for some cursive words, or C) Include B and do what WWF Attitude did and put an option in for older players. But you can't blame THQ for this, its McMahons fault and their stupid Senate campaign, and thats why they're trying to distance themselves from the AE.

I completely agree, you my friend have just made me dig out my PS1... thank you.

And to everyone mocking him... shut up.

Thank you man...atleast someone's not a "if you're a kid you ruined wrestling" type person.

^This

But I also agree, it is getting rather annoying how much the product is starting to cater to the younger audience. I completely understand the desire for big mainstream sponsors, trying to have a good public image, and making Linda McMahon look good by association. However Vince used to criticize ECW for catering to one demographic of the audience, being the 18-34 male demo. Well it seems now that there is a lot more being catered to the younger demographic nowadays, granted its not to the extreme (no pun intended) that ECW was with their demographic but it is getting ridiculous. There's no reason why they couldn't give the player that option, COD did it with that airport level.

It's also funny how Vince criticised ECW for catering to the 18-30 market but then WWE's Attitude Era was just basically him copying the best bits of not just ECW but WCW too and trying to appeal to that same 18-30 market he once derided.

Archived