Does The Rock deserve a shot at the WWE Title at the Royal Rumble?

yoshiking27

5. I don't always agree with Cena, but that was one moment where I was forced to, because it's hard arguement to counter. Evidence? You want evidence, just look no further than CM Punk's own words, that Rock half the time doesn't even acknowledge other superstars, unless they are/were in his "inner circle" or from the attitude era(I.e. HHH, Taker, Stone Cold, etc). He tends to be a bit of seperatist backstage & that can come across as being very egotistical, especially if you don't take the time to say a simple hello to another fellow superstars, regardless of rank on the card. Do we all forget when CM Punk said himself that he put his hand out for The Rock to shake it & Rock completely ignored it, like he was too good to shake another human being's hand. I'm sorry, but that's ego right there. That's just one example I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others, if I wanted to knit pick over every current superstar reaction/interaction with The Rock. But I guess CM Punk's experience, amoung other superstars personal account must be baseless as well, huh? :rolleyes:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8321pUd151rcc1myo1_1280.jpg

This and Jiggy's post on the first page should have shut this thread down already. Everyone else who's still hating on Rock are just blowing smoke out of your posteriors. The man makes money, and...whether you choose to believe it or not...loves and respects this business. People can say what they want to, but the fact is that he's the only pro wrestler to reach mainstream megastardom. The only. Rock is where Vince McMahon wanted Hulk Hogan to be back in the '80s, an entertainment icon. And what's funny is that Rock didn't even need Vince's help to do it.

I stand by my statement that if WWE developed their younger talent more they wouldn't need to rely on Jiggy's "Bonus Endbosses" (an amazing terminology by the way), but seriously...stop whining. This is getting ridiculous even by IWC standards.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't think because his last match was the Wrestlemania as far as I can remeber. He's probably not going to have a match until January. Ill say it again, Alex Riley will have a better shot at it.

Quite frankly, The Rock doesn't deserve it. Other than " 'cause he's The Rock", no one can give a logical nor plausable explanation to why The Rock deserves a shot at the WWE Title. Sure he's a legend, but his reputation doesn't make him qualified in today's WWE to have earned a shot at the WWE Title. It would be the same if Hulk Hogan, Austin, Shawn Michales, Mick Foley, etc, etc,etc....just waltz right in & says "I want WWE Title, give me title shot now", which is pretty much what The Rock has done & it's pretty much taking a giant shit over today's superstars who might've had their opportunity, maybe at the Royal Rumble, had The Rock not come in & taken it away from them. Sure it may be looked at as a financial "good for business" type deal, but other than ratings & money, this is nothing but bad business. I may not like Cena, but I think Cena said it best about The Rock, he's completely . That's right I said it, lets see how the marks handle that one. lol

Okay, well how about the fact that he beat John Cena at Wrestlemania? Isn't that a logical and plausable reason?

And even if he is a 'disingenuous, egomanical, self centered, attention wanting, spotlight craving bitch' it doesn't make him any less deserving of the belt.

If the talent got over better then maybe they wouldnt need to rely on wrestlers from the past.

Cena will get his mania win back come next year.

Please tell me that's a joke? If you look at the superstars trying to get over now, they never get a gimmick/involved in a storyline that keeps them interesting for long enough. If a current top heel comes in nowadays, they always end up getting beaten by Orton/Cena/Sheamus, and end up losing all of their momentum. If they are a face, they just end up losing to Big Show/Punk. Not exactly building for the future is it? The only guys that seem to get wins over Cena/Punk/Orton are the stars of the past. Brock and Rock are perfect examples of this.

Yes, because he is The f*cking Rock.

There is this hierarchy in WWE. NXT Jobbers, Jobbers who win matches on NXT, but jobs on every other show, jobbers who only get teh call up to lose against the new rising star, said rising star, midcarder who jobs in midcard-title matches, midcard-title holders, upper midcard who feuds with other upper midcarders, but always loses against main-eventers, main-eventers who beats everybody except other main-eventers, main-eventers who fights for world championships, CM Punk & Sheamus and something I like to call the bonus endboss.

The bonus endbosses are an exclusive group of wrestlers who are on a level above the main event. They usually interact and/or fight only with other endbosses + CM Punk, with the exception of John Cena, the only endboss who regularly interacts with the rest of the roster. Having an endboss fight for a title is unique, because the main eventers who are booked strong, suddenly becomes the major underdog. Said main-eventer looks petite compared to the endboss, who usually doesn't need to fight for the title.

The Rock is also on this level. He gets this shot because he got himself on that exclusive level due to his more than impressive career. He is basically like Bison II in Street Fighter EX2. Not a part of the main story per se, but a fight so special, it eclipses every other battle in the game.

Great read. :lol:

Yes, because he is The f*cking Rock.

There is this hierarchy in WWE. NXT Jobbers, Jobbers who win matches on NXT, but jobs on every other show, jobbers who only get teh call up to lose against the new rising star, said rising star, midcarder who jobs in midcard-title matches, midcard-title holders, upper midcard who feuds with other upper midcarders, but always loses against main-eventers, main-eventers who beats everybody except other main-eventers, main-eventers who fights for world championships, CM Punk & Sheamus and something I like to call the bonus endboss.

The bonus endbosses are an exclusive group of wrestlers who are on a level above the main event. They usually interact and/or fight only with other endbosses + CM Punk, with the exception of John Cena, the only endboss who regularly interacts with the rest of the roster. Having an endboss fight for a title is unique, because the main eventers who are booked strong, suddenly becomes the major underdog. Said main-eventer looks petite compared to the endboss, who usually doesn't need to fight for the title.

The Rock is also on this level. He gets this shot because he got himself on that exclusive level due to his more than impressive career. He is basically like Bison II in Street Fighter EX2. Not a part of the main story per se, but a fight so special, it eclipses every other battle in the game.

Best post ever,.

no. because he hasn't earned it in the ring. Sure, one can say "oh but he's the rock and he's done lots for this company" but that was back when he was WITH the company. You shouldn't just get opportunities because you used to be the top guy. you need to earn them.

and yeah, he beat cena at wrestlemania, but that wasn't a number 1 contenders match or any kind of qualifying scenario. selling big bucks at wrestlemania doesn't make you a number 1 contender either - it makes you a guy who sold a ppv.

That doesn't really matter. He beat the biggest face of the company

Did Tensai get a WWE Title match when he beat Cena?

It is also spitting in the face of all the Superstars who are on the road every day and fight lik 5 times a week.

Personally no, guy disappeared forever and comes back to this? My point being I really don't think the title being involves anymore PPV buys, and if Rock does win? Then what? I highly doubt he'll be back every week and PPV until he loses it. They need to create new stars, yet they keep creating these 6 month storylines that push all there potential new stars to the back burner.

The Rock brings in fans at the RR, no doubt, but guys like cena, punk, ziggler, jericho, orton ect... keep them there.

On a business level yes he does.

Punk beat cena for the title (alberto had a little run with it yah) but other then that nobody has come close to beating punk. Rock beat cena.

If Cena has the belt, then the rematch makes sense.

Look at the current roster for goodness' sake... Before Rock even returned to the WWE, WWE had the titles revolving around the same 3 or 4 people year in year out and not building new stars when the opportunity presented itself. There could have been a few more top tier guys prior to Rock's return that could have helped prevent an automatic WWE Championship Match involving Rock. You can't blame Rock for WWE's bookin and building of their current superstars in the past few years. I have no clue as to why WWE couldn't build more TOP TIER superstars that are just as popular demanding as Cena. The Rock returned and everyone forgot about the entire roster in WWE except Cena. Now Rock has played his cards right returning by only making few appearances a year and is now in a WWE Championship match that he deserves. Some of you say "he hasn't earned it" when in reality he has... many years ago. The Rock doesn't need to 'work his way up to the WWE Championship' when in reality he is already bigger and in more popular demand than the current roster. I'm glad he 'put himself' in the WWE title picture like he runs sh!t. :hqhq:

I'd much rather see The Rock win the World Heavyweight title again tbh because the WWE title scene is pretty stacked and the World title is in severe need of some major recognition. So I think putting the big gold belt on Rocky could do just that. It be good for Smackdown, the belt and the current superstar who eventually takes the championship away from The Rock after a while.

That doesn't really matter. He beat the biggest face of the company

Did Tensai get a WWE Title match when he beat Cena?

It is also spitting in the face of all the Superstars who are on the road every day and fight lik 5 times a week.

Yeah, well Tensai sucks.

I don't care about guys being on the road. I care about what I see on the TV. The Rock is entertaining, more so than most of the roster. He has a presence which most can only dream of. I find him entertaining and I want him to win the title.

Archived