Does The Rock deserve a shot at the WWE Title at the Royal Rumble?

yoshiking27

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, because he is The f*cking Rock.

There is this hierarchy in WWE. NXT Jobbers, Jobbers who win matches on NXT, but jobs on every other show, jobbers who only get teh call up to lose against the new rising star, said rising star, midcarder who jobs in midcard-title matches, midcard-title holders, upper midcard who feuds with other upper midcarders, but always loses against main-eventers, main-eventers who beats everybody except other main-eventers, main-eventers who fights for world championships, CM Punk & Sheamus and something I like to call the bonus endboss.

The bonus endbosses are an exclusive group of wrestlers who are on a level above the main event. They usually interact and/or fight only with other endbosses + CM Punk, with the exception of John Cena, the only endboss who regularly interacts with the rest of the roster. Having an endboss fight for a title is unique, because the main eventers who are booked strong, suddenly becomes the major underdog. Said main-eventer looks petite compared to the endboss, who usually doesn't need to fight for the title.

The Rock is also on this level. He gets this shot because he got himself on that exclusive level due to his more than impressive career. He is basically like Bison II in Street Fighter EX2. Not a part of the main story per se, but a fight so special, it eclipses every other battle in the game.

If he were to defend it regularly, and appear on most RAW's... then yes, I'd have no problem with that. If he was also allowed to cut promo's like he used to, then I'd definetly be up for it. If he wasn't allowed to do either of those two things, then no... I wouldn't want him as the champion.

Well, duh. I don't understand fans logic. If this were someone like Triple H, Shawn Michaels, or The Undertaker, there wouldn't even be topics like this made. Even though he's in Hollywood, that doesn't change the fact he's at that level.

Nobody is questioning his level. Rock can come back for matches now and again, and can still compete at that level. Just look at Wrestlemania if you want proof of that. Rock would also bring prestige to the title from his name alone, and there is the guarantee that his matches would be the main event. He draws more than anyone else in the world right now, and he would make Vince a lot of money. That's a fact.

My only concern though, is that I'm sure there would be a possibility of Rocky not being able to appear at a PPV, due to filming or whatever other reasons. How can you have a PPV without your WWE Champion being there? Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that he decided to come back, I really am, but a champion who cannot defend it regularly doesn't make a good champion.

Well, duh. I don't understand fans logic. If this were someone like Triple H, Shawn Michaels, or The Undertaker, there wouldn't even be topics like this made. Even though he's in Hollywood, that doesn't change the fact he's at that level.

Nobody is questioning his level. Rock can come back for matches now and again, and can still compete at that level. Just look at Wrestlemania if you want proof of that. Rock would also bring prestige to the title from his name alone, and there is the guarantee that his matches would be the main event. He draws more than anyone else in the world right now, and he would make Vince a lot of money. That's a fact.

My only concern though, is that I'm sure there would be a possibility of Rocky not being able to appear at a PPV, due to filming or whatever other reasons. How can you have a PPV without your WWE Champion being there? Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that he decided to come back, I really am, but a champion who cannot defend it regularly doesn't make a good champion.

This differs from the topic title. I read does he deserve a title shot, which is completely different to this post. I completely agree you. However, I don't think he would have the championship unless he were able to defend it. If that wasn't the case, then it would seriously suck.

Vince isn't dumb, he wouldn't allow Rock to become champion in the middle of filming a movie. If he is to win the title, I'm sure Rock has a month or two clear for WWE.

There is this hierarchy in WWE. NXT Jobbers, Jobbers who win matches on NXT, but jobs on every other show, jobbers who only get teh call up to lose against the new rising star, said rising star, midcarder who jobs in midcard-title matches, midcard-title holders, upper midcard who feuds with other upper midcarders, but always loses against main-eventers, main-eventers who beats everybody except other main-eventers, main-eventers who fights for world championships, CM Punk & Sheamus and something I like to call the bonus endboss.

The bonus endbosses are an exclusive group of wrestlers who are on a level above the main event. They usually interact and/or fight only with other endbosses + CM Punk, with the exception of John Cena, the only endboss who regularly interacts with the rest of the roster. Having an endboss fight for a title is unique, because the main eventers who are booked strong, suddenly becomes the major underdog. Said main-eventer looks petite compared to the endboss, who usually doesn't need to fight for the title.

The Rock is also on this level. He gets this shot because he got himself on that exclusive level due to his more than impressive career. He is basically like Bison II in Street Fighter EX2. Not a part of the main story per se, but a fight so special, it eclipses every other battle in the game.

i can not tell you how many times in the 50 million of these topic that has been my response.

i can not tell you how many times in the 50 million of these topic that has been my response.

I know, because I quoted you once when you said the exact same thing.

If he were to defend it regularly, and appear on most RAW's... then yes, I'd have no problem with that. If he was also allowed to cut promo's like he used to, then I'd definetly be up for it. If he wasn't allowed to do either of those two things, then no... I wouldn't want him as the champion.

This, I don't want him to win it and then only defend it whenever he can be arsed to.

I really don't think because his last match was the Wrestlemania as far as I can remeber. He's probably not going to have a match until January. Ill say it again, Alex Riley will have a better shot at it.

Quite frankly, The Rock doesn't deserve it. Other than " 'cause he's The Rock", no one can give a logical nor plausable explanation to why The Rock deserves a shot at the WWE Title. Sure he's a legend, but his reputation doesn't make him qualified in today's WWE to have earned a shot at the WWE Title. It would be the same if Hulk Hogan, Austin, Shawn Michales, Mick Foley, etc, etc,etc....just waltz right in & says "I want WWE Title, give me title shot now", which is pretty much what The Rock has done & it's pretty much taking a giant shit over today's superstars who might've had their opportunity, maybe at the Royal Rumble, had The Rock not come in & taken it away from them. Sure it may be looked at as a financial "good for business" type deal, but other than ratings & money, this is nothing but bad business. I may not like Cena, but I think Cena said it best about The Rock, he's completely disingenuous, egomanical, self centered, attention wanting, spotlight craving bitch. That's right I said it, lets see how the marks handle that one. lol

Stop with all the he sold WM bullshit.It was made for him to do so. They were in his home town of Miami! Hell, you could say John Cena sold WM...Or CM Punk vs Jericho sold WM. Etc. The man doesn't deserve a title shot. He's not even under contract. I dont see Brock coming back for titles. The Rock needs to chill. And the difference between HHH, Undertaker, HBK is that they're actually are around and would be more believable to stay around after winning then The Rock would. If Rock wins you think ur gonna see him every Raw? Better yet, you think your gonna have him in a match on any Raw? He would be the TNA Christian of WWE. Only wrestling at PPVs. And if Rock won the Rumble it would be the most predictable WM ever. You know he will lose.

I really don't think because his last match was the Wrestlemania as far as I can remeber. He's probably not going to have a match until January. Ill say it again, Alex Riley will have a better shot at it.

Quite frankly, The Rock doesn't deserve it. Other than " 'cause he's The Rock", no one can give a logical nor plausable explanation to why The Rock deserves a shot at the WWE Title. Sure he's a legend, but his reputation doesn't make him qualified in today's WWE to have earned a shot at the WWE Title. It would be the same if Hulk Hogan, Austin, Shawn Michales, Mick Foley, etc, etc,etc....just waltz right in & says "I want WWE Title, give me title shot now", which is pretty much what The Rock has done & it's pretty much taking a giant shit over today's superstars who might've had their opportunity, maybe at the Royal Rumble, had The Rock not come in & taken it away from them. Sure it may be looked at as a financial "good for business" type deal, but other than ratings & money, this is nothing but bad business. I may not like Cena, but I think Cena said it best about The Rock, he's completely . That's right I said it, lets see how the marks handle that one. lol

Okay, well how about the fact that he beat John Cena at Wrestlemania? Isn't that a logical and plausable reason?

And even if he is a 'disingenuous, egomanical, self centered, attention wanting, spotlight craving bitch' it doesn't make him any less deserving of the belt.

Quite frankly, The Rock doesn't deserve it. Other than " 'cause he's The Rock", no one can give a logical nor plausable explanation to why The Rock deserves a shot at the WWE Title. Sure he's a legend, but his reputation doesn't make him qualified in today's WWE to have earned a shot at the WWE Title. It would be the same if Hulk Hogan, Austin, Shawn Michales, Mick Foley, etc, etc,etc....just waltz right in & says "I want WWE Title, give me title shot now", which is pretty much what The Rock has done & it's pretty much taking a giant shit over today's superstars who might've had their opportunity, maybe at the Royal Rumble, had The Rock not come in & taken it away from them. Sure it may be looked at as a financial "good for business" type deal, but other than ratings & money, this is nothing but bad business. I may not like Cena, but I think Cena said it best about The Rock, he's completely . That's right I said it, lets see how the marks handle that one. lol

Okay, well how about the fact that he beat John Cena at Wrestlemania? Isn't that a logical and plausable reason?

And even if he is a 'disingenuous, egomanical, self centered, attention wanting, spotlight craving bitch' it doesn't make him any less deserving of the belt.

Was it a Number One Contenders Match? Was a shot at the WWE Title being put on the line in that match? Last I heard from when I watched WM 28 on DVD, that wasn't the stipulation placed on the match at all. So no, a win over Cena(which lots of guys on the roster currently hold) doesn't make someone qualitied or deserving of a shot at the WWE Title. He's only getting the shot because of who he is, that's not logical or even a plausable reason for why she should get an opportunity at winning the WWE Title.

It may not be, but it does perfectly describe his "it's all about me" attitude & couldn't give a damn about anyone on the current roster. If he didn't put Cena over at WrestleMania, there's no way he puts Punk over & I can't see how anyone would expect The Rock to put him over.. I may not like Punk, but I would rather see the belt on a guy that'll at least be here every week, over a guy that is only here when it suits him. Plus it does more for the prestige of a title, for a current top guy, having an extended title reigning, than a guy just coming in & taking the title, just because he's The Rock. No one is expecting him to lose, I'd be surprised to see anyone take that bet, but I'd be even more surprised if he were to lose.

Quite frankly, The Rock doesn't deserve it. Other than " 'cause he's The Rock", 1.)no one can give a logical nor plausable explanation to why The Rock deserves a shot at the WWE Title. Sure he's a legend, 2.)but his reputation doesn't make him qualified in today's WWE to have earned a shot at the WWE Title.3.) It would be the same if Hulk Hogan, Austin, Shawn Michales, Mick Foley, etc, etc,etc....just waltz right in & says "I want WWE Title, give me title shot now", which is pretty much what The Rock has done & it's pretty much taking a giant shit over today's superstars who might've 4.)had their opportunity, maybe at the Royal Rumble, had The Rock not come in & taken it away from them. Sure it may be looked at as a financial "good for business" type deal, but other than ratings & money, this is nothing but bad business. I may not like Cena, but I think Cena said it best about The Rock, 5.)he's completely disingenuous, egomanical, self centered, attention wanting, spotlight craving bitch. That's right I said it, lets see how the marks handle that one. lol

I just gotta ask a few points before I address your main point.

1.) Well, if you'd like to know that he had jobbed more than any other main eventer in his prime than any other. Take a look at his heel run; put over countless people-even the *censored*ing Hurricane. He paid some extra and massive dues by jobbing quite a bit in that period of time.

2.)I believe that makes him qualified to keep in a main event. The guy had made numerous contributions to this business. Backstage and kayfabe.

3.) But that's a hypothetical situation. Nobody seemed to have a problem with Hogan winning the Undisputed despite not making any contributions whatsoever to WWE for nearly a decade.

4.) You mean: Del Rio, Sheamus, Randy, Cena, Punk, Bryan? It's been the same damn people with the title, and it would continue to be the same people for quite sometime until you add in Dolph Ziggler.Who's opportunity has he shat all over? The one person to be getting an opportunity is Dolph, and he has MiTB.

5.) I'm just curious to know, does everyone say it because Cena says it or..? Never once was there evidence given, just claims of egomaniac and whatnot that turns out to be baseless.

Quite frankly, The Rock doesn't deserve it. Other than " 'cause he's The Rock", 1.)no one can give a logical nor plausable explanation to why The Rock deserves a shot at the WWE Title. Sure he's a legend, 2.)but his reputation doesn't make him qualified in today's WWE to have earned a shot at the WWE Title.3.) It would be the same if Hulk Hogan, Austin, Shawn Michales, Mick Foley, etc, etc,etc....just waltz right in & says "I want WWE Title, give me title shot now", which is pretty much what The Rock has done & it's pretty much taking a giant shit over today's superstars who might've 4.)had their opportunity, maybe at the Royal Rumble, had The Rock not come in & taken it away from them. Sure it may be looked at as a financial "good for business" type deal, but other than ratings & money, this is nothing but bad business. I may not like Cena, but I think Cena said it best about The Rock, 5.)he's completely disingenuous, egomanical, self centered, attention wanting, spotlight craving bitch. That's right I said it, lets see how the marks handle that one. lol

1.) Well, if you'd like to know that he had jobbed more than any other main eventer in his prime than any other. Take a look at his heel run; put over countless people-even the *censored*ing Hurricane. He paid some extra and massive dues by jobbing quite a bit in that period of time.

2.)I believe that makes him qualified to keep in a main event. The guy had made numerous contributions to this business. Backstage and kayfabe.

3.) But that's a hypothetical situation. Nobody seemed to have a problem with Hogan winning the Undisputed despite not making any contributions whatsoever to WWE for nearly a decade.

4.) You mean: Del Rio, Sheamus, Randy, Cena, Punk, Bryan? It's been the same damn people with the title, and it would continue to be the same people for quite sometime until you add in Dolph Ziggler.Who's opportunity has he shat all over? The one person to be getting an opportunity is Dolph, and he has MiTB.

5.) I'm just curious to know, does everyone say it because Cena says it or..? Never once was there evidence given, just claims of egomaniac and whatnot that turns out to be baseless.

1. We are talking about now, not when he was active. He has nothing other than his reputation to stand a leg on. I have respect for what he has done, but to use what he has done to argue for why he should get anything now is ludicrious. That would be like a SuperBowl champion from 20 years ago saying they should face the last years SuperBowl Champion to be crowned the 2013 SuperBowl Champion. It just doesn't fly.

2. Yes, it does qualify him to be main event, I'm not disagreeing with you there, but to be in WWE Title Match? I don't think so. Show up more, prove you have a more passion for the business to stay around, instead of showing up when it damn well suits him, then we'll prove he's worthy of wearing the WWE Title again. If he wins, it's just be looked at as a fraud who won the title from his merits of yester year, not what he physically did to earn it in today's WWE.

3. Apples to oranges, Hogan was active when he won the WWE Undisputed Title, so I can see why no one would have a problem with it, but The Rock is different, he's spending more time in Hollywood, then he is being around the business. Hogan at least took the effort to make it at least worth while, The Rock having a title reign, when he's not an active competivor would do more harm to the championship itself than good. Unless he's going to be here every week as champion(which he won't, as evidence to how he wasn't even there every week to promote his own match at WM), then he doesn't deserve to have a championship let alone a shot at a championship.

4. Ok, I can see why those names aren't as big of name as The Rock, but even when The Rock was active he wasn't as big of a name as Hogan. That's why you can't compare eras or even superstars from different eras, until said superstars career is over. Fact is, for Rock to get his opportunity, an opportunity is being taken away from a talent, that could very well "take the ball & run with it", as they say, but because The Rock is being his typical self center, spotlight whoring bitch, he's taken away from today's talent & that should never be done, no matter how big the legend, no one is bigger than the business, but The Rock clearly thinks he is, which he isn't, despite the marks who'll say he is.

5. I don't always agree with Cena, but that was one moment where I was forced to, because it's hard arguement to counter. Evidence? You want evidence, just look no further than CM Punk's own words, that Rock half the time doesn't even acknowledge other superstars, unless they are/were in his "inner circle" or from the attitude era(I.e. HHH, Taker, Stone Cold, etc). He tends to be a bit of seperatist backstage & that can come across as being very egotistical, especially if you don't take the time to say a simple hello to another fellow superstars, regardless of rank on the card. Do we all forget when CM Punk said himself that he put his hand out for The Rock to shake it & Rock completely ignored it, like he was too good to shake another human being's hand. I'm sorry, but that's ego right there. That's just one example I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others, if I wanted to knit pick over every current superstar reaction/interaction with The Rock. But I guess CM Punk's experience, amoung other superstars personal account must be baseless as well, huh? :rolleyes:

1. We are talking about now, not when he was active. He has nothing other than his reputation to stand a leg on. I have respect for what he has done, but to use what he has done to argue for why he should get anything now is ludicrious. That would be like a SuperBowl champion from 20 years ago saying they should face the last years SuperBowl Champion to be crowned the 2013 SuperBowl Champion. It just doesn't fly.

2. Yes, it does qualify him to be main event, I'm not disagreeing with you there, but to be in WWE Title Match? I don't think so. Show up more, prove you have a more passion for the business to stay around, instead of showing up when it damn well suits him, then we'll prove he's worthy of wearing the WWE Title again. If he wins, it's just be looked at as a fraud who won the title from his merits of yester year, not what he physically did to earn it in today's WWE.

3. Apples to oranges, Hogan was active when he won the WWE Undisputed Title, so I can see why no one would have a problem with it, but The Rock is different, he's spending more time in Hollywood, then he is being around the business. Hogan at least took the effort to make it at least worth while, The Rock having a title reign, when he's not an active competivor would do more harm to the championship itself than good. Unless he's going to be here every week as champion(which he won't, as evidence to how he wasn't even there every week to promote his own match at WM), then he doesn't deserve to have a championship let alone a shot at a championship.

4. Ok, I can see why those names aren't as big of name as The Rock, but even when The Rock was active he wasn't as big of a name as Hogan. That's why you can't compare eras or even superstars from different eras, until said superstars career is over. Fact is, for Rock to get his opportunity, an opportunity is being taken away from a talent, that could very well "take the ball & run with it", as they say, but because The Rock is being his typical self center, spotlight whoring bitch, he's taken away from today's talent & that should never be done, no matter how big the legend, no one is bigger than the business, but The Rock clearly thinks he is, which he isn't, despite the marks who'll say he is.

5. I don't always agree with Cena, but that was one moment where I was forced to, because it's hard arguement to counter. Evidence? You want evidence, just look no further than CM Punk's own words, that Rock half the time doesn't even acknowledge other superstars, unless they are/were in his "inner circle" or from the attitude era(I.e. HHH, Taker, Stone Cold, etc). He tends to be a bit of seperatist backstage & that can come across as being very egotistical, especially if you don't take the time to say a simple hello to another fellow superstars, regardless of rank on the card. Do we all forget when CM Punk said himself that he put his hand out for The Rock to shake it & Rock completely ignored it, like he was too good to shake another human being's hand. I'm sorry, but that's ego right there. That's just one example I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others, if I wanted to knit pick over every current superstar reaction/interaction with The Rock. But I guess CM Punk's experience, amoung other superstars personal account must be baseless as well, huh? :rolleyes:

Intelligent post I can go back and forth on about. On the first post, surprisingly the superbowl logic is still utilized today, look at Lebron James and Kobe's recent statements haha. However, seeing as the time wasn't too far off; I wouldn't utilize such a time frame.

2.3.4. I can understand where you're coming from, and some points I can agree with you, AustinFan. However, my statement on the main eventer stands in at a focal business point in addition to the observation that maybe these talents haven't earned their spot in completely yet, which is why it's happening. I can understand you though.

5. I'm indifferent about CM Punk. The man has a very long running streak of bullshit. Recent reports that Rock was around and interacting even with the younger talent are much more frequent. It's very hard to believe Punk as to me as he seems to have the same credibility of Angle. I'm not sure if that story is legitimate or simply exasperated for drama, however it is a shame and if it is true, there is an ego there.

Love a good debate :cool:

Archived