Would you welcome back the 'Dr. of Thuganomics'?

EpicZiggler™

No. People talk about how they want the old Cena back. But I bet after a few months it will be like it's boring not funny or stale.

I love my current Cena though he could use some freshning up.

Maybe a mix of that and how he is currently. But I wouldn't want Thuganomics right back. As Soap said, people would be excited to the moon, but after a month we'd all be saying he sucks and he needs another change of character.

No I wouldn't. I loved the Thuganomics character but if he was to change his character, which I doubt will happen at this point, I would prefer for him to evolve rather than move backwards.

This is exactly correct.

Also, They tried to bring it back against The Rock's rock concert, and it didn't go over too well. The audience just doesn't know who the Dr. of Thuganomics is. John Cena didn't even get a pop coming out in the gimmick for one night. As a result, he should move forward with his character. I don't know how he'll do it since he's stale to the smarks, but he has a perfect niche for his demographics.

No I wouldn't. I loved the Thuganomics character but if he was to change his character, which I doubt will happen at this point, I would prefer for him to evolve rather than move backwards.

Best post in this thread.

No. As much as I loved the Doctor of Thuganomics gimmick back then, it just wouldn't work in this era and it wouldn't make much since to go back to. It was something off about it when he returned for one night to rap against The Rock earlier this year, something was odd.

I'd much rather see this Cena returned if I had to pick a former Cena:

Much more badass and entertaining than the Cena now. But The Bizzle is right, he needs to evolve.

You say it like change has two sides - a good and a bad one. Moving "back" to thuganomics is not bad nor moving backwards nor devolving for that matter. Neither is bringing anything back from the past.

With that said - No. I wouldn't like him back. After thinking about it, I think he's too old to be a rapper now. He doesn't look like a young cool rapper guy anymore. Imagine your father or grandfather rapping. Eeeh.... However I'd like to see him change his gimmick. His current character is stale, boring, and annoying. Keyword annoying. If he were to turn heel, then I don't think he'd have to change anything more...but if he were to remain face I'd love to see him perhaps becoming a PG version of thuganomics, minus the rap. Kind of like being a thug, having that chain back, being arrogant and vocally aggressive like back then, but not rapping. Or IF rapping, doing it a lot less.

Cena is perfect they way he is rjght now

I'd go as far as to agree with this...even though he has kinks that should be fixed...but then again, every wrestler does...

Totally agree! If fans cant handle it its there problem not WWE.

Back then he was in the middle of his 20's. It wouldn't suit him at all now, like DX's last 3 entries. :cena:

I'd rather see him back like he was in his feuds with CM Punk and The Rock. Not being the saviour and the underdog that he is portrayed as now, but exposed as what he really is.;The biggest star in sports entertainment, who everyone wants to take down.

Forgot to add my personal opinion on what I'd like him to be: A heel with his current personality. Kind of like exposing the skeletons he has in his closet. Making the controversy surrounding him truthful keyfabe wise and using it in storylines agianst him. This could even be the next big thing in WWE. Everyone's all like: heel cena can't work because of his booking now and because well..angry cena face. But this way they can portray him as a hypocrite, the fame driven madman who is a corporate ass kisser and doesn't actually give a damn about the fans as long as he gets some reaction, money, love, etc. And then keep him booked as superman. Fans would love to hate on him winning especially if he's a heel. Twist Mcmahon in this somehow, make a relation with them similar to what Heyman and Lesnar had back in the days. Just expose the truth: Cena is Mcmahon's money cow, and he's milking it. Then subtly throw out anti-cena merchandise and pro-ziggler (i'd like him) or any other superstar who steps forth to oppose Cena's hypocrite reign. This is imo the only thing that can pay off, and actually be entertaining regarding John Cena now.

Archived