Interesting happenings at a recent SmackDown! live show

.Sy™

In his first match since flooring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson with a clothesline and subsequent Go to Sleep on Raw 1,000, CM Punk appeared a babyface at Saturday's SmackDown live event at Freedom Hall Civic Center in Johnson City, Tennessee. He retained the WWE Championship in a Triple Threat Match against Daniel Bryan and Kane. Attendees largely ignored his apparent heel turn on Monday as he was loudly cheered throughout the match.

Chris Jericho rekindled his partnership with Christian as the duo took on Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler donned a Jericho "WANNA-BEE" T-Shirt, which Jericho ripped off during the contest. The match concluded with Jericho striking Rhodes with the Codebreaker.

Drew McIntyre appeared as a babyface on the show as he rushed the ring to aid Ted DiBiase from an attack courtesy of Camacho and Hunico—after DiBiase defeated Hunico due to interference from Camacho. The third generation wrestler then proposed they have a tag team match, which all agreed to. The match concluded with DiBiase escaping Hunico's sleeper attempt and hitting him with the Rock Bottom.

Other match results were Kaitlyn over Natalya, Jinder Mahal over Percy Watson, Justin Gabriel over developmental wrestler Leo Kruger and World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus over Alberto Del Rio in a Last Man Standing Match.

Source: PWPIX.net http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/345613718.php; Pro Wrestling Torch

His 2009 heel turn was a very slow one, this is no different. The fans will continue to cheer Punk if he doesn't do something really despicable to fully turn heel (if that is WWE's intention; maybe he's gonna be a tweener after all?).

I'd welcome McIntyre as a face, even though he's doing good as a heel, but if that brings him back to the midcard, I'm all for it. As for Jericho and Christian possibly re-uniting on WWE-TV as well after this: :dance:

Let's be honest Punk is going to get cheered no matter what role he plays. Looks like WWE are looking to shape things some of the current roles Superstars are playing and obviously doing them on none televised events would be the best way to do it.

Oh and Kaitlyn beat Natalya. :dance:

DiBIase won with the Rock Bottom? That's a little random.

Probably hit him with the Dream Street only. The end sequence to both the moves is the same.

That's what I was thinking.

I still don't see punk being a full blown heel.

The only reasonable thought for his attack on rock/cena is the fact that he's been ignored even though he's reached the pinnacle of the business. Considering how many people feel like they work their ass off in this world only to come up short or be ignored I HIGHLY doubt Punk is going to be booed.

I think he's going back to a strong tweener, rather then a full blown baby face, which is great news. He's been boring as hell as a clean babyface the last couple of months. To me anyway.

I have a feeling that whatever promo Rock/Cena throw back at Punk will be weak in making Punks claims irrational, putting Punk over even that much more.

When did Ted heal from injury? Put him back on Smackdown and push his ass c'mon let's go. McIntyre sounds weird as a face. I guess they're solidifying Y2J's face status, more than I can say about Punk. I honestly don't want Punk heel, his face run had a lot left. The crowd still loves him so I don't understand the business in turning him. Cena as a badass heel would be incredible, just throwing it out there.

DiBiase is competing only in houseshows so far, so the WWE can see if he can already return. I think we'll definitely see him back on TV before SummerSlam.

Y2J & CLB teaming up again would be great to see. Hopefully they do it atleast on TV one more time.

Well, guess what was just announced? :D

Archived