Universe Mode

WWEalexr129

I was thinking of WWE 13, and Universe Mode. So many people like making their own matches, but you need to go through the process of the crowd cheering before an entrance. We should be able to make our own cards if wanted to do so we can easily continue with our own storylines with no stopping! Any other ideas from anyone!?

Completely agree with the Pre-Booking. I'd like a "Rivalry" page so I can keep up with fueds. There's been countless times that I've had something happen and forget all about it next time I play.

I agree with you totally too. Another thing that I would like to see is Title History like HCTP.

all great ideas. there shouldn't be any pre-decided matches in the first place with the exception of special matches(royal rumble, MITB, SS tag match ect) if it's our universe then why is a computer deciding our matches? at least we can change the matches but it comes with a price(mentioned in first post)

Couldn't agree more High Flying Maniac. When I changed my Money in the bank Ladder Match the winner was not given the contract, so I would hope it's patched or fixed in some way.

it was actually the patch that did that. apparently before the patch, you could change the participants and the winner was still recorded. don't get why they'd patch it as it's OUR universe so we should be able to have a propper MITB with people we want

Couldn't agree more High Flying Maniac. When I changed my Money in the bank Ladder Match the winner was not given the contract, so I would hope it's patched or fixed in some way.

it was actually the patch that did that. apparently before the patch, you could change the participants and the winner was still recorded. don't get why they'd patch it as it's OUR universe so we should be able to have a propper MITB with people we want

Really? Another good job by THQ :cool: Also, We should have qualifying matches to for like Royal Rumble Match and Money In The Bank

Really? Another good job by THQ :cool: Also, We should have qualifying matches to for like Royal Rumble Match and Money In The Bank

mostly for MITB as we don't see much for the RR. most people just announce they're in the RR lol

mostly for MITB as we don't see much for the RR. most people just announce they're in the RR lol

True. Maybe if we had 3 or 4 for RR. Also, if we don't like what the Today's Remarkable Matches are we should be able to get rid of it permanently like I NEVER WANT TO SEE THIS AGAIN!

Not only should we have the ability to create our own card we should have the ability to vacate titles and have tournaments to decide the champions to kick start Universe 3.0. Anyone ever noticed that the Divas of Doom were the only divas tag team pre made

Not only should we have the ability to create our own card we should have the ability to vacate titles and have tournaments to decide the champions to kick start Universe 3.0. Anyone ever noticed that the Divas of Doom were the only divas tag team pre made

well the bellas were dlc and laycool was over with so there wasn't any other diva tag teams. and i agree with your other points

Pre launch booking is something that's been heavily requested this time around, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is in.

A tournament in WWE 13 would honestly glue me to the game. Espically when a champion gets injured in Universe and they don't vacate the title I'm like you gots to kidding me!

Steve; I heard that. It better be!

Did they ever explain why they patched the mitb ladder match? I keep having to remove the patch just do I can do a raw mitb on raw lol

wouldn't be the first time they screwed up and didn't explain anything. i didn't bother removing the patch, i just do the MITB match and make a match with my winner. i just create the scenes with my imagination lol

Before THQ even consider adding new features to WWE Universe Mode, they should work on improving some of the current features of WWE Universe Mode 2.0. For instance, the Remarkable Match-up feature really disappointed me in WWE 12. It would continuously put wrestlers against each other who were not even actives members of the roster, it would randomly assign two heels or two faces to square off against each other, and more importantly, it didn't even allow you to delete the match-up from your card until you played or simulated it. It very much forced this feature upon you while not even throwing any decent storylines together that made sense. If you're going to force it upon me then at least throw in some wrestlers who i've been using regularly on the shows and perhaps have fought each other numerous times already signifying some sort of rivalry between them. THQ need to improve on stuff like this with Universe Mode in WWE 13 before I can even get excited for the game mode again.

Another thing, they really messed things up with the patches they put out for WWE 12 which ultimately ending up effecting Universe Mode as well. For example, you can no longer change the participants in a MITB ladder match because then it becomes a normal ladder match. When the game first came out I could change the participants with it still being a MITB ladder match and not just a regular ladder match. Then after the last patch this was no longer possible. I had Wade Barrett win MITB only to find it wasn't an actual MITB match because I had changed the participants. Now before I get excited for Universe Mode in WWE 13 I want assurances shit like that won't happen again. Was it even unintentional?

Did they ever explain why they patched the mitb ladder match? I keep having to remove the patch just do I can do a raw mitb on raw lol

I would suppose it's because they originally designed it to do what it does now. It actually says a lot about how that team operates when they 'fix' something that nobody had a problem with, and then basically ignored everything else except for the one thing that the patch was suppose to do in the first place, which was fix the 15 superstar CAW glitch in Universe.

Before THQ even consider adding new features to WWE Universe Mode, they should work on improving some of the current features of WWE Universe Mode 2.0. For instance, the Remarkable Match-up feature really disappointed me in WWE 12. It would continuously put wrestlers against each other who were not even actives members of the roster, it would randomly assign two heels or two faces to square off against each other, and more importantly, it didn't even allow you to delete the match-up from your card until you played or simulated it. It very much forced this feature upon you while not even throwing any decent storylines together that made sense. If you're going to force it upon me then at least throw in some wrestlers who i've been using regularly on the shows and perhaps have fought each other numerous times already signifying some sort of rivalry between them. THQ need to improve on stuff like this with Universe Mode in WWE 13 before I can even get excited for the game mode again.

Another thing, they really messed things up with the patches they put out for WWE 12 which ultimately ending up effecting Universe Mode as well. For example, you can no longer change the participants in a MITB ladder match because then it becomes a normal ladder match. When the game first came out I could change the participants with it still being a MITB ladder match and not just a regular ladder match. Then after the last patch this was no longer possible. I had Wade Barrett win MITB only to find it wasn't an actual MITB match because I had changed the participants. Now before I get excited for Universe Mode in WWE 13 I want assurances shit like that won't happen again. Was it even unintentional?

This is all good stuff of course. I think there was so much backlash with the remarkable match issues that they probably changed how that works now. For instance, didn't they mention that we may have the option of selecting storylines for universe now? I don't know if that was confirmed, but I remember something somewhere saying that. And then again, sometimes the booking isn't all bad. It kind of depends on what's going on. I've noticed that about fifty percent of the booking is random because almost every time I go in to edit things with superstars, the match card changes. This indicates to me that it never mattered what those matches were in the first place and there was no grand plan in place by the program. I also had issues with non-assigned wrestlers showing up in the beginning, but once I got into it, that quit happening altogether. With regard to the MITB match.....you know the biggest problem with that issue is the fact that I didn't have an MITB match when I got to the PPV. And I didn't change the date of it either. So I had to delete the patch in order to have a brief case holder. I don't think someone had it already and just hadn't cashed it in. I never got the option to do that.

I agree completely with a lot of the sentiments I've seen here. Universe Mode should offer the player the option to control it. The fact that you can't go in and set-up your card before starting an event just blows my mind.

What I'd like to have is the ability to turn guys who I don't use OFF..completely. No run-ins, no cutscenes that show them sitting in the front row....

I'd also like a bit of control over the cutscenes. I'm not saying take out the random ones, but I do think that it would be absolutely awesome if you could call for a specific cutscene if you want to. If I want Hall and Nash to come out and attack Sting after his match with Hogan, why shouldn't I be able to tell the game to have that happen?

Universe Mode, as it is, seems to very much be attempting to force you to play a certain way. It almost feels like the game attempts to punish you for daring to go against the way it wants you to play...particularly with the whole MiTB situation. That's what I dislike about it.

I just thought that they should have the 30 Day Rule. If a champion doesn't defend his/her championship in 30 days their stripped of the title. I agree with you EvilMeanie. There are certain superstars who are on the free agency, and they'll be booked still. They need to fix that as well.

I wouldn't go as far as choosing which cutscenes to show as that ruins the surprise (and im against the "storydesigner does that" thing a lot of people have here) I would like the option to choose a type of cutscene to happen, so you could have "rival attack" and it would play an attack involving random people you have in feuds

am i the only person that thinks removing the (random) cut scenes altogether is the way forward.

it should work more in the way of certain things you do trigger certain cut scenes. example everytime you give somebody a title shot out of the blue on raw/smack that automatically triggers a cut scene where the selected wrestler will appear in an interview backstage being asked how he feels about the whole situation.

having cut scenes that are programmed to react to your decisions will please a hell of a lot of people.

the random cut scenes make no sense at all. to me they make it feel like we are still stuck in the ps2 generation

Archived