SHINE Wrestling

Oresama

The final few names have been announced as joining the list of talent confirmed for SHINE Wrestlings two night SHINE Nova title tournament later this month month.

Confirmed names include Pricilla Kelly, Candy Cartwright, Aria Blake, La Rosa Negra, Kiera Hogan, ACR, Holidead, Dynamite DiDi, one half of the SHINE tag team champions, Ivelisse Velez, Aja Perera and the debuting Shotzi Blackheart, Jordynne Grace, and Robyn Reid.

A few returns will be happening at this tournament with Veda Scott returning to the company for the first time since SHINE 1. Leah Vaughan was also announced for the tournament. She has not appeared in SHINE since SHINE 33. The final name that will be returning is Stormie Lee who last appeared at SHINE 39 against Leva Bates.

The two night tournament was originally announced as being on July 13th and 14th, the same days as WWEs Mae Young Classic tournament.

It has since been rescheduled to July 14th and 16th in Ybor City, Florida.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/final-names-announced-for-shine-nova-title-tournament/

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I love Ivelisse but she was already a two time SHINE Champion and is currently a Tag Team Champion with Mercedes Martinez so I hope she won't win this title aswell.

I'd rather have La Rosa Negra win it. :)

Wondering if they will have Ivelisse or ACR winning it? Maybe La Rosa Negra?

It would be a huge surprise if anyone else won but on the other hand, Candy Cartwright and Priscilla Kelly were doing great in the last few SHINE Shows.

We will see I guess. :)

Don't some of the SHINE ladies compete for SHIMMER? There's been speculation that Shimmer could lose a lot of their competitors this weekend to the Mae Young Classic.

Also, what the current relationship between SHINE and SHIMMER? If it's good, the ladies competing in this tournament could easily fill the rankings.

Don't some of the SHINE ladies compete for SHIMMER? There's been speculation that Shimmer could lose a lot of their competitors this weekend to the Mae Young Classic.

Also, what the current relationship between SHINE and SHIMMER? If it's good, the ladies competing in this tournament could easily fill the rankings.

Several of them are working for both promotions. Some also appear on ROH, Evolve, TNA, Lucha Underground and other promotions. :)

Allysin Kay (Sienna) is a regular in SHINE as example and to be honest her Matches there and in other promotions are far better than what we see of her in TNA. I don't know why they are booking her so bad and watering her down in TNA in the first place.

Same goes for Chelsea (Laurel Van Ness).

She had great Matches in SHINE, Stardom and other promotions yet in TNA is she mostly Basic.

I don't know which Shows you watched but two Shows ago they had a match against each other in SHINE and Allysin Kay (Sienna) did like "hmm I know you from somewhere!" while Chelsea (Laurel) was like "No no no, you don't!" hilariously playing their TNA teaming out until mid match Allysin "remembered" that she knew Chelsea(Laurel) from a "wedding". :P

They also had Madison defend her SHIMMER title at the same time with Sienna defending her TNA title and Taylor Made defending the SHINE title in a loser loses her title match a few months ago in which Ivelisse had cashed in the briefcase she had won earlier in the night and made a 4way match out if the 3way with the result of Ivelisse becoming a two times shine Champion (until she lost the title to lufisto).

Mercedes Martinez is also a Champion in SHIMMER and a Tag Team Champion (with Ivelisse) in SHINE.

So the promotions allowing their talent to work in both and even partially defend their titles in both Shows.

Rumours has it that their 3 current champions might be part of the Mae Young Classic, it's not yet confirmed though.

Several of them are working for both promotions. Some also appear on ROH, Evolve, TNA, Lucha Underground and other promotions. :)

Allysin Kay (Sienna) is a regular in SHINE as example and to be honest her Matches there and in other promotions are far better than what we see of her in TNA. I don't know why they are booking her so bad and watering her down in TNA in the first place.

She had great Matches in SHINE, Stardom and other promotions yet in TNA is she mostly Basic.

I don't know which Shows you watched but two Shows ago they had a match against each other in SHINE and Allysin Kay (Sienna) did like "hmm I know you from somewhere!" while Chelsea (Laurel) was like "No no no, you don't!" hilariously playing their TNA teaming out until mid match Allysin "remembered" that she knew Chelsea(Laurel) from a "wedding". :P

They also had Madison defend her SHIMMER title at the same time with Sienna defending her TNA title and Taylor Made defending the SHINE title in a loser loses her title match a few months ago in which Ivelisse had cashed in the briefcase she had won earlier in the night and made a 4way match out if the 3way with the result of Ivelisse becoming a two times shine Champion (until she lost the title to lufisto).

Mercedes Martinez is also a Champion in SHIMMER and a Tag Team Champion (with Ivelisse) in SHINE.

So the promotions allowing their talent to work in both and even partially defend their titles in both Shows.

Rumours has it that their 3 current champions might be part of the Mae Young Classic, it's not yet confirmed though.

Well, one half of the Shimmer Tag Team champions, Tessa Blanchard is already in the MYC, so she might drop the tag team titles.

Well, one half of the Shimmer Tag Team champions, Tessa Blanchard is already in the MYC, so she might drop the tag team titles.

It will be easy since she has the titles together with Vanessa Kraven and the tag Team kept being dysfunctional in their Matches with Kraven wanting to take Tessas head off because Tessa kept being annoying and pulling actions that almost cost them the titles often. :P

I guess they will pull the trigger in their next defence so they can lose the titles and Vanessa can take Tessa "out of shimmer Action" by beating her to a Pulp. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SHINE Wrestling & WWN present
SHINE 45
Friday, September 15th, 2017
Bell Time – 9:00 PM EDT
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL 33605

Tickets available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/shine-45-the-orpheum-tickets-37092133570

Already announced:
– SHINE Champion LuFisto
– SHINE Nova Champion Priscilla Kelly
– Allysin Kay
– Ivelisse
– Holidead
– Jordynne Grace
– And many more!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SHINE 47: Survival – Dec. 16th – Ybor City, FL

December 16 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
$20 - $40

SHINE47_122017_EVENTposter_REV2-LQ.jpg

WWN & SHINE Wrestling present

SHINE 47: Survival

Saturday, December 16th, 2017

Doors Open – 5:30 PM EST

Bell Time – 6:00 PM EST

The Orpheum

1915 E. 7th Avenue

Ybor City, FL 33605

Tickets available here.

Watch live on WWNLive.com!

Already announced:

– SHINE Champion LuFisto

– SHINE Tag Team Champions Ivelisse & Mercedes Martinez

– SHINE Nova Champion Priscilla Kelly

– The Cutie Pie Club of Candy Cartwright, Kiera Hogan and Aria Blake

– ACR

– Aerial Monroe

– Aja Perera

– Brandi Lauren

– Dementia D’Rose

– Shotzi Blackheart

– Stormie Lee

– Kamilla Kaine

– Dynamite DiDi

– Robyn Reid

– MJ Jenkins

– Natalia Markova

• 3 weeks later...

For the first time in three years, the inaugural SHINE Wrestling Champion Rain will make her return to the promotion at SHINE 47 on Saturday, December 16th.

Rain retired from wrestling following a devastating car accident which left her unable to continue to wrestle. Since retiring she has also had hip surgery that she underwent at the beginning of 2016.

She formerly teamed with Lacey as The Minnesota Home-Wrecking Crew and later Jetta to form The International Home Wrecking Crew before going it alone as a singles competitor. She also went under the name Peyton Banks while she briefly worked for TNA as Bobby Roodes valet whilst she feuded with Traci Brooks.

In SHINE she won the SHINE Championship, becoming the first titleholder after defeating Mia Yim in the finals of a tournament. She was also the leader of the top stable in SHINE, Valkyrie.

Rain returned to the squared circle at WXWs event in Minneola, Florida on September 30th. Since that time she has wrestled for Women on Honor taking on both Brandi Rhodes and Sumie Sakai.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/rain-to-make-shine-wrestling-return/

• 1 month later...
SHINE48_012018_EVENT_poster_-LQ.jpg

SHINE 48
Friday, January 26th, 2018
Bell Time – 9:00 PM EST
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Tickets available at www.eventbrite.com

Watch the Live Stream and Video on Demand at www.WWNLive.com, the WWN Roku App and FITE TV!

Already Signed –

SHINE Championship Match
LuFisto defends vs. Rain

Six Woman Tag Team War!
SHINE Nova Champion Priscilla Kelly, Aja Perera & Aerial Monroe vs. The Cutie Pie Club of Candy Cartwright, Kiera Hogan & Dementia D’Rose

Leva vs. Brandi Lauren

Plus More Featuring –

– SHINE Tag Team Champions Las Sicarias of Ivelisse & Mercedes Martinez have issued an open challenge!
– Santana
– Vanessa Kraven
– Jordynne Grace
– Stormie Lee
– Holidead
– Renee Michelle
– Natalia Markova
– Dynamite DiDi
– Lady Chardonnay Darcy
– Isla Dawn
– Tesha Price

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any WOW (Women of Wrestling) Fans?

Yep there are some in these forums as far as I know! :)

SHINE 50

Friday, April 27th, 2018

Bell Time – 9:00 PM EST

The Orpheum

1915 E. 7th Avenue

Ybor City, FL

Tickets available at https://www.eventbrite.com

Watch the Live Stream and Video-on-Demand at www.WWNLive.com, the WWN Roku App and FITE TV!

Already Announced:

SHINE Championship Match

LuFisto defends vs. Kimber Lee

Ybor City Street Fight – Anything Goes!

Rain w/ Tesha Price vs. Stormie Lee

SHINE Tag Team Championship Match

Las Sicarias of Ivelisse & Mercedes Martinez defend vs. Ruthless Ambition of Maria Manic & Penelope Ford

SHINE Nova Championship Match – The Cutie Pie Club Is Barred From Ringside!

Candy Cartwright of The Cutie Pie Club defends vs. Priscilla Kelly

Four Way Freestyle

Leva vs. Dynamite DiDi vs. Luscious Latasha vs. Tesha Price

Also:

- Santana vs. Kiera Hogan of The Cutie Pie Club

- Jordynne Grace vs. Dementia D’Rose of The Cutie Pie Club

- Brandi Lauren vs. Aerial Monroe

- Amber Nova vs. Jayme Jameson

- Renee Michelle vs. Jessie Belle Smothers

Can't wait for friday! The last Show was great and this one is also packed! :)

• 1 month later...

After over 500 days as SHINE Champion, LuFisto has announced via Facebook that she is forfeiting the SHINE Championship. Lufisto won the title at SHINE 40 when she defeated Mercedes Martinez and Sienna in a Triple Threat match after Ivelisse vacated the title due to injury.

Lufisto elaborated that due to an upcoming surgery on July 19th, she would not be able to compete at SHINE 52 on July 20th:

I need surgery and it has been scheduled for July 19th.

This means that I won’t be able to wrestle for a little while which will affect many events starting from Shine 52 that is taking place the following day on July 20th in Ybor City. I tried to postpone the surgery the following week of the event but it was just impossible.

Lufisto added that SHINE’s parent company WWNLive offered her the option to hold on to the belt but Lufisto believed it wasn’t the right thing to do:

WNN Live had given me the option to hold on to it but I strongly believe that it is not the right thing to do. A champion HAS TO defend the championship. It’s just the way it should be. On top of it, Shine 52 happens to be the anniversary show of Shine Wrestling. There is no way the Shine Championship cannot be defended on one of Shine’s most important event. For the same reason today, I forfeit the Shine Championship because I want the promotion to move forward and do what it is best for its success, which means having their highest prize be on their biggest show of the year.

Despite the setback, LuFisto maintains a fighting attitude:

I don’t know how long I’ll be out but be sure I will be back sooner than later. One of my doctors nicknamed me “The Female Wolverine” in the past and once again, I do intend to live up to the name.

You can read Lufisto’s full statement here and visit her website to purchase merchandise to help pay for her expenses.

Diva Dirt wishes LuFisto a smooth surgery and quick recovery.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/147473/lufisto-forfeits-the-shine-championship/

It was just announced by SHINE Wrestling that they will be holding an eight-woman tournament at SHINE 53 in order to crown the new champion. The belt was recently vacated by LuFisto after breaking news that she will be undergoing surgery ahead of her scheduled title defense against Kimber Lee at SHINE 52. The championship match has been scrapped and the promotion has stated that they will make an official announcement of the eight participants in the one-night tournament at SHINE 52, which takes place on July 20th. SHINE 53 will mark the promotion’s return to the Northeast, as the show goes down at La Boom in Woodside, New York on September 8th.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/newest-shine-champion-to-be-decided-through-a-tournament/

• 2 months later...

It's on tonight! :D

8 September
SHINE 53 – Sept. 8th – Queens, NY
September 8 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
$20 - $40
SHINE53_092018_EVENT_poster-LQ.jpg

SHINE 53
Saturday, September 8th, 2018
Belltime – 3:00 PM EDT
La Boom
56-15 Northern Boulevard
Woodside, NY 11377

Tickets are on sale at here or by calling 877.4.FLY.TIX (877.435.9849)!

Part of a HUGE double header with EVOLVE Wrestling!

Watch the Live Stream and Video-on-Demand at:
www.WWNLive.com
www.ClubWWN.com
WWN Roku App
Club WWN Amazon Fire TV App
Club WWN Apple TV App
Club WWN Android TV App
Club WWN Facebook Page
FITE TV

Already announced:

SHINE Championship Tournament – First Round Matches

SHINE Nova Champion Candy Cartwright vs. Ivelisse
Mercedes Martinez vs. Stormie Lee
Santana vs. Priscilla Kelly
Brandi Lauren vs. Allysin Kay

SHINE Tag Team Championship Match
Twisted Sisterz of Holidead & Thunder Rosa defend vs. The Cutie Pie Club of Kiera Hogan & Dementia D’Rose

Plus the Semi-Finals & Finals of the SHINE Championship Tournament!

Archived