SHINE Wrestling

Oresama

I haven't seen anything on here about this yet so I figured I'd make a topic.

SHINE will be a sister promotion to SHIMMER and run regular shows on iPPV, the first of which will be on July 20th. The first match announced for the show is Jazz versus Sara Del Rey and you can see some of the other talent involved on the poster below:

shineposter.jpg

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its odd, even though Shimmer is supposed to be the cream of the crop when it comes to American female wrestling...it still feels so many levels below what you get with Joshi. I may still check it out when Daffney is on the card, but i won't expect much.

Its odd, even though Shimmer is supposed to be the cream of the crop when it comes to American female wrestling...it still feels so many levels below what you get with Joshi. I may still check it out when Daffney is on the card, but i won't expect much.

The problem is trying to compare the two in the first place. There is way too many differences from the training regime, to shows, to schedules, to match times, to styles etc US womens wrestling and Japanese womens wrestling have never been "on the same level", but that doesn't necessarily mean one style is better than the other. They're all just different shades of the same color and it all comes down to personal preference. I can watch and appreciate good womens wrestling no matter what country/style (except deathmatches), and idk about you, but style clashes in wrestling is one of my favorite things to watch.

As long as it gives more women opportunity for work, I'm all for it. The roster is near perfect, a great mix of wrestlers.

The problem is trying to compare the two in the first place. There is way too many differences from the training regime, to shows, to schedules, to match times, to styles etc US womens wrestling and Japanese womens wrestling have never been "on the same level", but that doesn't necessarily mean one style is better than the other. They're all just different shades of the same color and it all comes down to personal preference. I can watch and appreciate good womens wrestling no matter what country/style (except deathmatches), and idk about you, but style clashes in wrestling is one of my favorite things to watch.

As long as it gives more women opportunity for work, I'm all for it. The roster is near perfect, a great mix of wrestlers.

I can't imagine anyone would watch any American female wrestling, then watch a Joshi match, and think the two were similar beyond them containing females. Even among the best female wrestlers in America, they move quite slow and the average match comes off like an imitation version of what the males do in the ring. I watch a Joshi match and don't even think of them as female wrestlers, because they perform at a level that doesn't make them seem so many levels below the males; i wish i could say the same for N.American women's wrestling.

So far with the posters and the wrestlers involved, this promotion seems to have MONEY!!!

So far I like it and Sara Del Rey vs Jazz is very intriguing to buy it. I hope we get to see pictures of what their ring and stage looks like

I always thought NCW Femmes Fatales was very close to Shimmer, it's got quite a lot of the Shimmer talent and it's definitley the Shimmer of Canada. I've always thought some of Canadian wrestling was closer to the Japanese style than any other country.

And NCW recently had the Shimmer Tag Titles on the line recently

The Canadian Ninjas won the Tag Titles for the second time yesterday

I can't imagine anyone would watch any American female wrestling, then watch a Joshi match, and think the two were similar beyond them containing females. Even among the best female wrestlers in America, they move quite slow and the average match comes off like an imitation version of what the males do in the ring. I watch a Joshi match and don't even think of them as female wrestlers, because they perform at a level that doesn't make them seem so many levels below the males; i wish i could say the same for N.American women's wrestling.

lol again it's just a style difference. Unless they adopt the same dojo/training system and there are actually places for women to work 4-6 shows every week, then things aren't going to change. Most, if not all, indy wrestlers have regular 9-5's and work a show once every weekend or not even that, since work is quite sporadic especially for females. In Japan, wrestling is your occupation and you're training/wrestling pretty much 24/7. Outside of WWE, there's not enough funding to run all-women training camps and all-women shows week in and week out. Neither SHIMMER, WSU or NCW: Femme Fatales run as often as say, JWP, Sendai or even Ice Ribbon.

SHINE's website is up:

http://shinewrestling.com/ and so is the card for the first show:

Daffney - Live Event Hostess

Main Event - First Time Ever Dream Match

Sara Del Rey vs. Jazz

Nikki Roxx vs. Rain

Veda Scott vs. Kimberly

Santana Garrett vs. Tina San Antonio

Tracy Taylor & Su Yung vs. Allysin Kay & Taylor Made

Reby Sky vs. Jayme Jameson

Mercedes Martinez vs. Leva Bates

Christina Von Eerie vs. Cherry Bomb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I love SHINE too and can't wait for tonight! :D

Already watched SHINE 5 which had great matches.

They have the most awesome roster of female talent, great matches, good commentary and Daffney as the host is hilarious. :)

SHINE 6 tonight!

I already know that I'll love it, Mercedes, Santana, Ivelisse, Kong, Kimberly, Veda and more!

Also wonder if Chairs will be involved again! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The lineup for this month’s SHINE 7 iPPV has been announced, with new stable Valkyrie dominating the card.

In the main event, Amazing Kong will get the chance to wreak some revenge on Rain, whose interference along with the rest of Valkyrie during Kong’s match against Mercedes Martinez at SHINE 6 cost Kong an important victory. Meanwhile, the trio of Allysin Kay, Taylor Made and April Hunter, also members of Valkyrie, will face Mia Yim, Tracy Taylor and Su Yung in six-woman tag team action.

Elswhere, the excellent and longstanding feud between Leva Bates and Kimberly may reach its climax as the pair face off in a Last Woman Standing match, veterans collide as Mercedes Martinez goes one-on-one with Nikki Roxx, and LuFisto makes her SHINE debut against former WWE developmental talent and Valkyrie member Ivelisse.

See the full card for the show below:

* Main Event:

Rain vs. Amazing Kong

* Last Woman Standing Match:

Leva Bates vs. Kimberly

* Mercedes Martinez vs. Nikki Roxx

* Allysin Kay, Taylor Made & April Hunter vs. Mia Yim, Tracy Taylor & Su Yung

* LuFisto vs. Ivelisse

* Jessie Belle vs. Santana

* Brittney Savage vs. Heidi Lovelace

* Luscious Latasha vs. Tina San Antonio

SHINE 7 takes place on February 22nd at the Orpheum in Ybor City, Florida, and will be shown live on iPPV at WWNLive.com. For more information about SHINE Wrestling, visit their official website.

Archived