• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#1 Oresama

Oresama

おれさま

• Members
  • 24,376 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

I haven't seen anything on here about this yet so I figured I'd make a topic.

SHINE will be a sister promotion to SHIMMER and run regular shows on iPPV, the first of which will be on July 20th. The first match announced for the show is Jazz versus Sara Del Rey and you can see some of the other talent involved on the poster below:

Posted Image

#2 Loneshøt

Loneshøt

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,279 posts
  • SEN (PS3): AnotherGreatApe

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Its odd, even though Shimmer is supposed to be the cream of the crop when it comes to American female wrestling...it still feels so many levels below what you get with Joshi. I may still check it out when Daffney is on the card, but i won't expect much.

#3 kreay fufu

kreay fufu

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 16,690 posts
  • Gamertag: Deanymoose

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

I love watching so many of the women on that poster, that it'll be hard to go without this, since it could be pretty expensive depending on how frequent shows are :(

#4 Hole

Hole

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  • SEN (PS3): cutymaniax

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Its odd, even though Shimmer is supposed to be the cream of the crop when it comes to American female wrestling...it still feels so many levels below what you get with Joshi. I may still check it out when Daffney is on the card, but i won't expect much.

The problem is trying to compare the two in the first place. There is way too many differences from the training regime, to shows, to schedules, to match times, to styles etc US womens wrestling and Japanese womens wrestling have never been "on the same level", but that doesn't necessarily mean one style is better than the other. They're all just different shades of the same color and it all comes down to personal preference. I can watch and appreciate good womens wrestling no matter what country/style (except deathmatches), and idk about you, but style clashes in wrestling is one of my favorite things to watch.

As long as it gives more women opportunity for work, I'm all for it. The roster is near perfect, a great mix of wrestlers.

#5 Loneshøt

Loneshøt

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,279 posts
  • SEN (PS3): AnotherGreatApe

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

The problem is trying to compare the two in the first place. There is way too many differences from the training regime, to shows, to schedules, to match times, to styles etc US womens wrestling and Japanese womens wrestling have never been "on the same level", but that doesn't necessarily mean one style is better than the other. They're all just different shades of the same color and it all comes down to personal preference. I can watch and appreciate good womens wrestling no matter what country/style (except deathmatches), and idk about you, but style clashes in wrestling is one of my favorite things to watch.

As long as it gives more women opportunity for work, I'm all for it. The roster is near perfect, a great mix of wrestlers.

I can't imagine anyone would watch any American female wrestling, then watch a Joshi match, and think the two were similar beyond them containing females. Even among the best female wrestlers in America, they move quite slow and the average match comes off like an imitation version of what the males do in the ring. I watch a Joshi match and don't even think of them as female wrestlers, because they perform at a level that doesn't make them seem so many levels below the males; i wish i could say the same for N.American women's wrestling.

Edited by Loneshøt, 09 July 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#6 RazR

RazR

Legend

• Members
  • 6,162 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

So far with the posters and the wrestlers involved, this promotion seems to have MONEY!!!

So far I like it and Sara Del Rey vs Jazz is very intriguing to buy it. I hope we get to see pictures of what their ring and stage looks like

#7 Storm of Sand

Storm of Sand

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • Gamertag: RJHemRidge90

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

I always thought NCW Femmes Fatales was very close to Shimmer, it's got quite a lot of the Shimmer talent and it's definitley the Shimmer of Canada. I've always thought some of Canadian wrestling was closer to the Japanese style than any other country.

And NCW recently had the Shimmer Tag Titles on the line recently
Spoiler

#8 Poe Øhlin

Poe Øhlin

「M・A・D」

• Members
  • 22,211 posts
  • Twitter: @XW1n5t0nX

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Well if the women on the poster will be included in the show, I'd watch it. I haven't seen Daphney in some time.

#9 Oresama

Oresama

おれさま

• Members
  • 24,376 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9eC1zCv8Cs&feature=player_embedded

#10 Hole

Hole

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  • SEN (PS3): cutymaniax

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

I can't imagine anyone would watch any American female wrestling, then watch a Joshi match, and think the two were similar beyond them containing females. Even among the best female wrestlers in America, they move quite slow and the average match comes off like an imitation version of what the males do in the ring. I watch a Joshi match and don't even think of them as female wrestlers, because they perform at a level that doesn't make them seem so many levels below the males; i wish i could say the same for N.American women's wrestling.

lol again it's just a style difference. Unless they adopt the same dojo/training system and there are actually places for women to work 4-6 shows every week, then things aren't going to change. Most, if not all, indy wrestlers have regular 9-5's and work a show once every weekend or not even that, since work is quite sporadic especially for females. In Japan, wrestling is your occupation and you're training/wrestling pretty much 24/7. Outside of WWE, there's not enough funding to run all-women training camps and all-women shows week in and week out. Neither SHIMMER, WSU or NCW: Femme Fatales run as often as say, JWP, Sendai or even Ice Ribbon.

#11 Oresama

Oresama

おれさま

• Members
  • 24,376 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

SHINE's website is up: http://shinewrestling.com/ and so is the card for the first show:

Daffney - Live Event Hostess

Main Event - First Time Ever Dream Match
Sara Del Rey vs. Jazz

Nikki Roxx vs. Rain

Veda Scott vs. Kimberly

Santana Garrett vs. Tina San Antonio

Tracy Taylor & Su Yung vs. Allysin Kay & Taylor Made

Reby Sky vs. Jayme Jameson

Mercedes Martinez vs. Leva Bates

Christina Von Eerie vs. Cherry Bomb

#12 Oresama

Oresama

おれさま

• Members
  • 24,376 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

I didn't get to see SHINE 1 but SHINE 2 is coming up on the 17th, here's a couple of videos for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuVHTteXRfw&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB5UUrfgJQ8&feature=plcp

#13 Battle Haynes

Battle Haynes

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

I watched Shine2 on a live stream last night. It was well worth it, great show.

#14 Oresama

Oresama

おれさま

• Members
  • 24,376 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Shine 6 this Friday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a12s1zmlAcY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKpuusMpUCs&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5uPkKn5mFY&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RbR6dZBwLzU

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q1vU75iMksk

The obvious asumption here would be Taya Valkyrie.

#15 ArmVD

ArmVD

Legend

• Members
  • 6,199 posts
  • Gamertag: Th3 C0n3h3ad
  • SEN (PS3): AsianCrustacean

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

So this is the promotion Daffney talked about on the Art of Wrestling then?

#16 ObsessedW/divas

ObsessedW/divas

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TCsinger09
  • Twitter: @NikoDomb90

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

I LOVE SHINE :) The only thing that sucks a little is they are a little slow with the shipping of the Dvds

#17 Saturi

Saturi

Caw Creator

• Members
  • 4,244 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Dumeka
  • Steam ID: Dumeka

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I love SHINE too and can't wait for tonight! :D
Already watched SHINE 5 which had great matches.
They have the most awesome roster of female talent, great matches, good commentary and Daffney as the host is hilarious. :)

SHINE 6 tonight!
I already know that I'll love it, Mercedes, Santana, Ivelisse, Kong, Kimberly, Veda and more!

Also wonder if Chairs will be involved again! ;)

Edited by Saturi, 11 January 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#18 Libertine.

Libertine.

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Anyone watching the ippv tonight?

#19 Battle Haynes

Battle Haynes

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Yes :D

It'll be starting in about an hour.

#20 Saturi

Saturi

Caw Creator

• Members
  • 4,244 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Dumeka
  • Steam ID: Dumeka

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Anyone watching the ippv tonight?

I stayed up all night since it started at 3am in the morning for me. :P
Was totally worth it cause the show was awesome as usual! :)