Early John Cena/Summerslam Plans Revealed

Dazman™

This does sound a bit weird to me though, I mean when was the last time WWE put their two top faces in a match/feud? And one that wasn't at Wrestlemania(like Hogan/Warrior)?

Rock Cena? Or would that be past and present? I like the idea of keeping them as faces. It's a fresh thought, maybe Face v. Face feuds are what Da 'E needs. *shrug*

I'd say that's past vs present, like Rock/Hogan was. IMO it's slightly different as one of them isn't a current full-time superstar.

I guess you could Taker/HHH as they were two top faces, but even then it's different as it wasn't for a world title and they didn't perform all year round.

I feel like Hunter was made to look like the bad guy, with the "It's bad for business" stuff, and then was accepted/redeemed at the end with the embrace.

This does sound a bit weird to me though, I mean when was the last time WWE put their two top faces in a match/feud? And one that wasn't at Wrestlemania(like Hogan/Warrior)?

Rock Cena? Or would that be past and present? I like the idea of keeping them as faces. It's a fresh thought, maybe Face v. Face feuds are what Da 'E needs. *shrug*

I'd say that's past vs present, like Rock/Hogan was. IMO it's slightly different as one of them isn't a current full-time superstar.

I guess you could Taker/HHH as they were two top faces, but even then it's different as it wasn't for a world title and they didn't perform all year round.

I feel like Hunter was made to look like the bad guy, with the "It's bad for business" stuff, and then was accepted/redeemed at the end with the embrace.

I agree he was more of a tweener, especially with how aggressive he was in the match(the chair, sledgehammer, etc), but I don't think that's 'cos he was acting like a heel, but moreso because anyone who is trying to break Taker's streak is automatically gonna be the heel in the feud.

I'm very sceptical about this. It may be a good match, but most likely Cena would win, and the day after we will get that speech: "Oh man teh champ is here, this is so great, I do it for you guys...blah blah blah". Like someone said it feels like all the time they are trying to rebuild hgim, but there is no effect. Like they said in Punk's promo last year, he is not an underdog he is the New York Yankees. Even tough they tried to build him as one with Lesnar, and Johnny feuds, he still wasn't and he kept coming on top against all ods.

With his loss at Wrestlemania they had a chance to do something big, where his smirks and arrogance cost him the match, and they had another great opportunity with Lesnar which they blew because he won and everything was back to normal for him.

I think they have absolutely no idea what to do with so they place him in feuds with Big Show, and he feuded with him for at least 518616 times. And now again, most likely he will be in the title picture.

I'd be fine with a Cena/Punk rematch. I was kinda hoping they might have a match at WrestleMania 29, but oh well. I just hope that Cena doesn't win the title, Cena's character has been enjoyable lately and the belt wouldn't do anything for him, only work against him at the moment. And Punk would really get elevated if he were to beat Cena two years in a row at the second biggest PPV of the year.

Shouldn't be, tbh. The dude's getting $5m on a silver platter for appearing, when he wants to, plus a lotta people claimed his match with Cena became underwhelming and didn't deliver as well as it could have. If so, why have Lesnar/HHH close out the show? Cena/Punk is the reason the WWE ratings spiked and loads of people started tuning in again.

Could this finally be the Cena heel turn we have all been waiting years for though?

No. Never, ever ever gonna happen. There's too much money in him being face, and a big loss with him being heel.

Honestly, I don't think he should go for the WWE Title until 'Mania. If it were me, I'd have The Rock be champ going into Mania and have Cena face him.

That'll never happen. Why would WWE be stupid enough to put The Title on a guy that won't do any House Shows?

Honestly, I don't think he should go for the WWE Title until 'Mania. If it were me, I'd have The Rock be champ going into Mania and have Cena face him.

That'll never happen. Why would WWE be stupid enough to put The Title on a guy that won't do any House Shows?

To make money going into 'Mania. They could have him win it at EC.

To make money going into 'Mania. They could have him win it at EC.

That's still 6 weeks worth of House Shows without The WWE Champion on the card and no way to build anything between the champion and the challenger besides on TV. Besides, there's more money to be made in having him challenge for a Title at mania rather than give it to him at the filler PPV between The Rumble and Mania.

Archived