Just This Crazy Idea I had...

TitanTron

Well, hello there!

So I had this idea for the story designer and I'm not sure if it would work, how it would work, or if it's even a good idea. Just wanted some other peoples opinions.

So here's the idea: STORY DESIGNER. A lot of you have probably seen this small problem or maybe even had the problem yourself. You read the story as it plays out and it just doesn't seem right. The way people are speaking doesn't seem quite authentic enough, but you're not sure how to fix it. "What a great match" seems bland and you want to spice it up, but how? There are about *instert childish fake number here* words you could use and you never here an announcer say something like "that match was super". What word to use... Hmmmmm.

That's where this idea I have comes in: sort of a built in WWE thesaurus for story designer. Basically, a load of wrestling footage, commentary, promos, gets reviewed and the most commonly used words and phrases are put into the WWE thesaurus. People who have trouble coming up with good dialog could just refer to the thesaurus and BOOM. You got yourself a story that sounds like it could have been written by the real thing.

Now not everyone has this trouble with story designer but a lot of people do, including myself, and I think if done correctly, this could really help some people out. It would not be perfect but it might get the job done.

So to all of you forum goers, I ask:

What do you think of this idea? Is this even a good idea? Could it be worth putting into the mode?

Would this help you? I know not everyone would need this feature so I'm curious to know how many people would actually use it if it existed.

How would you improve on this idea? I know it's not perfect so what would you do to make it better?

That's about it. What do you think of this crazy idea I've had. DISCUSS and stuff.

The only issue I have with Story Designer is the lack of Scenes, Specially Post Match Victory scenes. Literally we have two! Plus Three Commentary scenes that are all the same basically, that and we don't have Mid-seen Promos such as the Ladder Promo we should have a scene where the superstar is setting up the ladder not POOF! There a bloody Ladder in the ring randomly... The lack of scenes destroys everything about Design-A-Storyline.

The only issue I have with Story Designer is the lack of Scenes, Specially Post Match Victory scenes. Literally we have two! Plus Three Commentary scenes that are all the same basically, that and we don't have Mid-seen Promos such as the Ladder Promo we should have a scene where the superstar is setting up the ladder not POOF! There a bloody Ladder in the ring randomly... The lack of scenes destroys everything about Design-A-Storyline.

Yeah there really should be more scenes to choose from. I run out of scenes to use occasionally and end up having a story that seems like it repeats itself 3 times. "Create A Scene" might also be a nice feature if they can pull it off.

While we're talking about new features that could be put into the game, what did you think of my idea?

Story Designer makes the game a definite buy for me.

As for your idea, I would find it especially helpful if they had a nice speech forv The Undertaker in there, my Undertaker speeches are just not PHENOM-ISH Enough, I try, but it just comes out so wrong.

More Scenes would be nice too.

I have a worry though that Story Designer may be EXTINCT soon in the game, WWE Universe is okay, but only 4 Matches with no backstage interaction just doesn't cut the mustard.

I'd like to see them add triple threat promo scenes, by which I mean three people in the ring talking to each other. The only scene that looks close to that is an attack scene which has two people against one. I'd also like to see Talk Show scenes for Cutting Edge, Piper's Pit, Peep Show segments, etc.

I agree on more mid-match/post match scenes aswell.

Story Designer makes the game a definite buy for me.

As for your idea, I would find it especially helpful if they had a nice speech forv The Undertaker in there, my Undertaker speeches are just not PHENOM-ISH Enough, I try, but it just comes out so wrong.

More Scenes would be nice too.

I have a worry though that Story Designer may be EXTINCT soon in the game, WWE Universe is okay, but only 4 Matches with no backstage interaction just doesn't cut the mustard.

I have problems speaking for Undertaker too. So anything that can help with that would be awesome.

There could be more promos and setup animations for starters, even an option to make your own ppv commercial to use (a feature thatd add some hype to universe mode too). Also some more creative post match and attack scenes, at least three more in each. Some creative diva ones would be nice.

Archived