The Merchandise Recommendation Thread

JGPLX.

Is Edge's first DVD(Decade of Decadence) worth getting? I'm not really a fan of Edge, but the matches seem pretty good, so what do you think?

Its a good DVD, but his newest one might be better.

The documentary would probably be good, but I already have a lot of the matches so I'd rather go with the first DVD.

I have both, it depends on whether you look for a good documentary (the new one) or better matches (Decade Of Decadence) Honestly I preferred Decade Of Decadence even though he was in character througout the entire thing but they have so many great matches on there. Edge vs. Orton from Vengeance 2004 is one of the most underrated I.C title matches of all time.

OK, I was thinking that looked better than DoD anyway. I'll get that in case I choose to only get one of them at the moment, as I've been spending a little too much money at the moment :P

EDIT: Just ordered the Y2J DVD, I was too tempted :XD: at least I won't be disappointed!

I was wondering which books you folks would recommend? I already own "Have a Nice Day" by Mick Foley, Jericho's two books and the DX one, but I'm planning on getting more.

I would definitely recommend Eddie Guerrero's autobiography called Cheating Death, Stealing Life, it is a great book to read if you can still find it.

If you can find it, the movie is great as well. I watches it at my cousins house once and have been looking for it for years, but can't find it :(

How good are The Rock's and Chris Jericho's DVDs?

I don't know about Rock's, but yeah, Chris Jericho's DVD is fantastic. It contains a very detailed biography, Fozzy-stuff and some of his greatest matches. Unfortunately a few of his *****-bouts are missing, like the match against HHH of Fully Loaded 2001, but you can't have everything. Highly suggest it.

I was wondering which books you folks would recommend? I already own "Have a Nice Day" by Mick Foley, Jericho's two books and the DX one, but I'm planning on getting more.

Anything Foley did is worth reading. I consider Have a Nice Day my wrestling bible. I'd also suggest the Hardyz autobiography, it's pretty interesting as both Jeff and Matt wrote it.

There's a couple of wrestling DVDs I'm thinking of getting but my mind is split!

The True Story of Wrestlemania - I want it mainly for the matches, but I already have some of them on other DVDs. Is it worth getting for the documentary and the other matches?

Jake Roberts: Pick Your Poison - The documentary seems like it'd be great, but how are the matches?

Help me out guys!

There's a couple of wrestling DVDs I'm thinking of getting but my mind is split!

The True Story of Wrestlemania - I want it mainly for the matches, but I already have some of them on other DVDs. Is it worth getting for the documentary and the other matches?

Jake Roberts: Pick Your Poison - The documentary seems like it'd be great, but how are the matches?

Help me out guys!

The True Story of WM I don't own but I have seen, and if you already own some of the other matches, I wouldn't bother. The insight into the behind the scenes stuff is really interesting but they gloss over alot and really speed through most of the Manias by the end of it.

The match listing for the Jake the Snake DVD is decent, the extras are pretty good but I can't tell you to pick it up for the matches. There's some good ones on there but they pick alot of matches from past his prime so it's a weak listing.

I think I'll go for the first one if I get any as I'd prefer to have the matches.

Which would you say is better: Decade of Decadence or Breaking The Code?

If you haven't decided yet...Breaking The Code hands down. You will not be bored one bit...

Already bought it :cool:

How good are The Rock's and Chris Jericho's DVDs?

I don't know about Rock's, but yeah, Chris Jericho's DVD is fantastic. It contains a very detailed biography, Fozzy-stuff and some of his greatest matches. Unfortunately a few of his *****-bouts are missing, like the match against HHH of Fully Loaded 2001, but you can't have everything. Highly suggest it.

Anything Foley did is worth reading. I consider Have a Nice Day my wrestling bible. I'd also suggest the Hardyz autobiography, it's pretty interesting as both Jeff and Matt wrote it.

Yeah, Have a Nice Day seems to be a very good book. I still have to finish it though.

I didn't know The Hardy Boyz also wrote a book; maybe I'll give it a shot. I don't like Jeff that much anymore, but I've always been a fan of Matt.

I love how, thanks to the Euroshop, I've barely spent 20 bucks for three great shirts (3,50€ each, it's ridiculous!). The "Cena Sucks" shirt couldn't have come at a better time, now that he's stale again. :shifty:

^If you don't want to read it, you can always get the audio-book. Foley does a good job at narrating, he even does different voices.

Don't get me wrong, I want to read it. I just don't have the time or prefer to do other things instead. Summer vacation is in a few weeks though, then there's plenty of time to read multiple books.

I've never had an audio-book, that sounds interesting.

I think I'll go for the first one if I get any as I'd prefer to have the matches.

Which would you say is better: Decade of Decadence or Breaking The Code?

If you haven't decided yet...Breaking The Code hands down. You will not be bored one bit...

Agreed. Both are good, but Jericho's contains the documentary which makes it stand out from Edge's first. You'll find that both have excellent matches though :cool:

Archived