The Merchandise Recommendation Thread

JGPLX.

Just thought I'd make this topic so people can recommend merch they have(t-shirts, DVDs, books, etc), or people can ask if something is worth buying :)

I'll start off. There's two DVD boxsets I've looked at which seem interesting, but I could use some opinions. The first is 'The History of the World Heavyweight Championship', and the second is 'Hulk Hogan - The Ultimate Anthology'. I'm not much of a fan of Hogan, but the DVD has quite of lot of big and iconic matches(Hogan/Andre, Hogan/Rock, etc), so is it worth getting?

And on that note, any other DVDs you guys can recommend?

I've also been looking at buying the WWE Encyclopedia, but I'm not sure as I don't just want to buy a book version of Wikipedia. Is it better than that?

So ask away guys(but answer me first! :shifty: )

Can't help you with the dvd's that much really as I don't own either, but I can't recommend the WWE encyclopedia enough. Really great book, one of the best pieces of merchandise released by WWE. There can be question marks over why certain superstars get minimal pieces of information regarding their careers, but overall great read. I would though recommend waiting for the updated version out in september. It'll probably be the same price, but with more content and up to date. :cool:

As for other dvd's it depends really on who your favourite wrestlers are. The Jericho 3 disc set is a gem, and the Orton set also is very interesting. If your interested in the whole Hart/Michaels/McMahon saga then look out for the Greatest Rivalries: Shawn vs Bret 3 disc set.

I'd say no to WWE Encylopedia. Not sure if they released an updated version of it, but I got it as a gift right after it came out, and it states that Chris Benoit is still an active performer....

I'd say no to WWE Encylopedia. Not sure if they released an updated version of it, but I got it as a gift right after it came out, and it states that Chris Benoit is still an active performer....

I have the book right in front of me and it does not state he is an active performer.

No it doesn't, it just says that he was active between 2000-present day.

I would have to recommend the recent Randy Orton DVD, it has a great documentary and a brilliant selection of matches from all throughout his WWE career with many of them being during his Evolution days. It's a great DVD for not only every Randy Orton fan but every WWE fan.

How good are The Rock's and Chris Jericho's DVDs?

I don't know about Rock's, but yeah, Chris Jericho's DVD is fantastic. It contains a very detailed biography, Fozzy-stuff and some of his greatest matches. Unfortunately a few of his *****-bouts are missing, like the match against HHH of Fully Loaded 2001, but you can't have everything. Highly suggest it.

I was wondering which books you folks would recommend? I already own "Have a Nice Day" by Mick Foley, Jericho's two books and the DX one, but I'm planning on getting more.

I was wondering which books you folks would recommend? I already own "Have a Nice Day" by Mick Foley, Jericho's two books and the DX one, but I'm planning on getting more.

This isn't much of a recommendation, but I bought Bret Hart's autobiography a couple of months ago. I haven't got round to reading it yet, but it seems like it'll be great, and I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I would definitely recommend Eddie Guerrero's autobiography called Cheating Death, Stealing Life, it is a great book to read if you can still find it.

This isn't much of a recommendation, but I bought Bret Hart's autobiography a couple of months ago. I haven't got round to reading it yet, but it seems like it'll be great, and I've heard a lot of good things about it.

It really is great. You might find the first 100 or so pages a bit boring, but when it gets to his WWF career, it's amazing. I love the detail he puts and his opinions.

I want to get Have a Nice Day.

I would definitely recommend Eddie Guerrero's autobiography called Cheating Death, Stealing Life, it is a great book to read if you can still find it.

Definitely this, too.

I've read most of the biographies, there are a few good and bad ones. I'd recommend Foley's second book, HBK's isn't too bad. Stay away from Russo's and Mysterio's books because they'll just give you a headache

The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment is great. Breaking the Code was amazing. One of my favorite documentaries. They might both still be on Netflix.

They both are, as well as Rock's new DVD.

@ Brahma Bull: Even though I still have to read 500+ pages, Have a Nice Day has been very fun to read so far. If you liked Jericho's books, you're definitely gonna love this one. It doesn't even cost much.

Hmm, seems I need to get quite a lot of books. Conveniently, summer vacation is pretty much around the corner (two months to go actually, but whatever :poke:), I'll have plenty of time to read 'em. Thanks folks.

Can anyone recommend any good Puro DVDs? Preferably ones I can buy from within the UK.

None in particular, but if you can get your hands on some 90's AJPW DVDs, youre a lucky man. Kobashi, Misawa, Taue, Kawada, Tsuruta, Tenryu, etc. are so fun to watch.

The Rise and Fall of ECW: Still remains my favorite WWE release, a fantastic DVD.

WWE Wrestlemania 20: Because it's the best Wrestlemania.

Some fantastic Superstar-specific releases are both of Edge's DVD and both Stone Cold and The Rock's two most recent releases.

And of course...

A Daniel Bryan "YES! YES! YES!" T-Shirt. Wrestling fan or not, everybody will be chanting for you when you wear this shirt.

Is Edge's first DVD(Decade of Decadence) worth getting? I'm not really a fan of Edge, but the matches seem pretty good, so what do you think?

Its a good DVD, but his newest one might be better.

The documentary would probably be good, but I already have a lot of the matches so I'd rather go with the first DVD.

Archived