TNA... What the *censored*?

The D

... So... Bobby Roode, MEGA heel... Built up for months and months beating everyone and looking great. Sting returns for some reason, beats him clean on Impact Wrestling and now Sting is the number one contender? Anyone else think that Sting should just *censored* off now? What the hell was the problem with him being the GM over Hogan?

I don't get WHY they keep going back to Sting, over and over...

I think Sting is just filler, so as to hold off on Storm's rematch in order to build more suspense behind The Cowboy questioning himself on whether or not he should still wrestle.

This. i wouldn't expect to see Sting beat Bobby Roode for the title at Slammiversary and just like you I don't want him to. I'm sure James Storm will get the belt next, probably at Bound For Glory if TNA are willing to keep the World title on Bobby Roode for that long.

I think Storm may intefere in the main event giving Bobby Roode the Last Call Superkick and that will lead to Sting being frustrated with him so they have a rivalry over the next few months while both are faces. Eventually they have a Number 1 Contender match at No Surrender which Storm wins to earn the right to face Roode at BFG and then Sting and Storm will begin to respect each other again. Storm would then beat Roode for the title at BFG, possibly with Sting as the referee. That's my prediction.

I really didn't get that either, honestly I was expecting the lumberjacks to raid the ring and ending the match in DQ, which would've led to Roode/Sting at Slammiversary. However, I really hope TNA don't put the title on Sting again, Roode not only deserves to hold on to it, but if anyone is to take the title off of him, its James Storm, and with the way things are going, I think TNA are heading in that direction.

The PPV match is just filler until Storm comes back. Him beating Roode in the way he did, and then being named #1 contender at Slammiversary is most likely to coincide with TNA unveiling their Hall Of Fame during the PPV and Sting being the first inductee. At least that's what I think, have him enter the Hall Of Fame strong, though it doesn't necessarily have to be that way.

I agree with what most others are saying. Sting is merely a "filler" so to speak. I personally wasn't a fan of how the victory was won, but he needed to win somehow I guess. Would've liked to have seen a better way to end the match, but it doesn't really matter. Roode should win at Slammerversary, keeping the strap and leading up the highly anticipated Roode/Storm match. I'm looking forward to it personally.

My guess is they thought him going clean over roode would give him some credibility going into the ppv. Assuming he doesn't win a the ppv, he needed to get a big win here to make him look like a big deal against roode. And then when roode wins sting can just go away.

I can't think of any heels that sting could go over that would make him on par with roode without him screwing up other storylines.

maybe he should have gone over bully ray and joeseph park could have been the interruption which could further that feud.

They should have just had the opening match end in a brawl and had sting dominate the closing part and then sting could clear the ring, roode runs up the ramp laughing as he got away... Hogan then comes out and says 'I don't know what your laughing about as you'll facing sting at the ppv etc'.

That said though, almost everything about the build to this ppv has been a mess and it feels thrown together.

It really is frustrating that they keep going back to sting though. Its like he goes away for a few weeks, makes a comeback... The fans and announcers act as if we haven't seen him in years and cue the 'youve still got it' chants. Then to make matters worse he ends up world champion.

Roode's gonna beat Sting clean as opposed to their last PPV match where he won because of Sting dropping his own head onto a chair. Atleast that's what I hope happens, because like KRadiation said, this whole deal with Sting going away for a while then returning and becoming champion is old already. But I've got faith in TNA that they'll keep Roode champion through this PPV.

I don't understand why people are complaining about Sting coming back and getting a title shot, one; there's unfinished business between the pair, two; this is mere filler for Storm to return, three; there is no way in hell Sting is going to win, four; with the TNA HOF the guy inducted (well expected to be) being in the main event for the title, five; this is Roode's chance to get a truly clean win against a legend helping this title reign

By the way, I hate how Sting is the Joker pretty much. I think it's did a little bit of damage to the character.

It didn't. In fact many people felt it rejuvenated his career last year, after becoming somewhat stale in TNA.

I don't understand why people are complaining about Sting coming back and getting a title shot, one; there's unfinished business between the pair, two; this is mere filler for Storm to return, three; there is no way in hell Sting is going to win, four; with the TNA HOF the guy inducted (well expected to be) being in the main event for the title, five; this is Roode's chance to get a truly clean win against a legend helping this title reign

I think most are complaining because there is quite a habit of Sting returning and then winning the belt, etc ... Personally, I am hoping it doesn't happen and that they do build up to a big Roode/Storm match at Bound for Glory, but you can never be sure if TNA will follow through with it, or just give the title to Sting (or someone else) for a short ratings boost (like RVD's win over AJ in 2010)

I've been thinking about it, and Roode vs Storm doesn't need the title. The rivalry is for more than the championship, and even though a title match would make it more special, they can still have a great match at BFG without. Perhaps Storm could screw him out of the title(I don't know who against) and then they can have a match. It could even be a hardcore match like a rematch in Six Sides of Steel, or a Texas Death Match(like Storm and Chris Harris had a few years ago).

Either this, or a Title vs Career match between the two, although I wouldn't like this as it would make the ending predictable.

Archived