How WWE 13 Can Capture the Attitude Feel

King of Kong

So in a thread I made earlier, I mentioned the suspicions I had when it came to the Attitude era theme for WWE 13. If you haven't read it yet and you want to see what I have to say, go here. Now it's time for me to be positive. So here are a few elements I feel would not only give the game a more Attitude "feel", but make the game better in general

1. Improvements to Create an Arena

I don't know how many arenas this game will provide, but it's bound to be missing a few. An improved Create an Arena would allow one to fill in the blanks. Last year was the first time the series has a Create an Arena mode, so it's basicness could be forgiven. Last year we were given only the HD type arena, and we had to make the best of it. This year we can hopefully get different types of arenas to start off from so we can create more old-school type arenas. (If we're lucky we might even get the arena with the SMACKDOWN! fist as one of the bases.)

2. The return of Tournament Mode

I think it can be safely said that tournaments were a major part of the Attitude era. As a matter of fact, 1998 had four different tournaments that year. So what's an Attitude era game without a tournament mode? Whether it's King of the Ring or to crown a new champion, one night or over a period of weeks, a tournament mode is key. Hopefully we would be able to utilize it in Universe mode as well as in Exihibition mode.

3. Free roaming Falls Count Anywhere match

This was in the old Smackdown games, but then it disappeared when it turned into Smackdown vs. Raw. Since we're returning to the Attitude era, we should see a return of this match. I think almost everyone hates what backstage brawl has become. We just want to go back to pinfalls or submissions, and we want to go from the ring to bacstage and all over the place. We've had some of our best gaming memories in this match, and we would like to make more.

4. Let's have a drink

This last one isn't important at all, but it's still something that I think would be pretty rad. One of Stone Cold Steve Austin's signatures is him having a beer bash after a match, after he beats someone up, or just for the hell of it. I'd like to see a scene like that in Storyline Designer.

That's all I can think of right now. If I can think of something else I'll update this thread. If you have any thoughts, suggestions, add ons, or just wanna tell me how stupid I am please respond. Even if you don't have anything to say, thank you for taking the time to read.

Couldn't agree more. They really need to add some tournaments in the game to give it that classic feel.

Always wanted to have a tournament for the WWE/World Titles like the older games use to have.

Couldn't agree more. They really need to add some tournaments in the game to give it that classic feel.

Always wanted to have a tournament for the WWE/World Titles like the older games use to have.

And it'd work perfectly especially if a champion got injured and we could vacate titles ie with how Batista relinquished the world title after he got injured

-Have an alternate intro video in the game that has clips of Attitude people on the roster from real life&in the game,And have the option to make it the main intro when you boot up the game or in some modes

-Original theme songs or at least instrumental versions from Raw is War&Smackdown!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZdrs_TvrLM

-Commentary:JR should be JR while King needs to be a heel commentator and talk about puppies when Divas are out for a match or managing

-Detailed&fully accurate as possible Attitude arenas

-King of the Ring Mode

-Big match types used in the Attitude era(casket/buried alive/I quit/3 stages of hell/special ref/etc

-Attitude roster being as accurate as possible from looks to movesets to entrances&theme songs

-Austin should have a beer bash celebration in his winning animation

-Big moments that happened in real life should be recreated in story/universe&story creator mode

-IF we can't fight in the crowd then at least let get interactive on the stage7stage sides

-Backstage areas to fight in such as a boiler room/all over locker rooms including restrooms/all over a parking lot/parts of streets outside the arena/etc

-All or most Attitude era championship titles

-The modified Attitude logo their using to be used in loading screens

I just thought of something else:

5. Intergender matches

Remember Chyna? That woman was mixing it up with the women long before she started taking on the other Divas. Some people might object to men being violent against women in the game. A way to placate those people but also please those who want intergender matches back is to make it something you can turn on or off in the options like blood. The settings can be the default would be the staunch seperation of women that is present in the games now, women cancompete against men but not for any titles, and women can compete against men for the titles.

And it'd work perfectly especially if a champion got injured and we could vacate titles ie with how Batista relinquished the world title after he got injured

Tournaments would be great if we could use them like this in U3.0. Would add to the game greatly.

Anyone else realised that if done properly the Attitude era, is the perfect excuse to put back old features and moves we've lost over the years. There are things that can be done, to ensure the attitude era gets done properly, fixes may yet get made. Looking forward to Summerslam

I agree, mostly with the free roaming falls count anywhere match. Smackdown 2 had some of the best backstage areas for a fall count anywhere match. A lobby, WWF New York, locker rooms, shower rooms, VIP room, Kitchen, Bar, Parking Lot, street, Backstage area. This was a ps1 game so it is hard to believe a ps3 can't do this.

I got another one, more blood...I want to be able to paint the ring red with someones blood in a hardcore match or backstage...

I've noticed in game wrestler's bleed a lot better than caws, I busted the Miz open quite well and he had blood all over his chest. Shame caws don't get treated as well.

Free Roaming in the Falls Count Anywhere matches must happen. It used to happen in so many Hardcore matches in the Attitude Era and that's what made the title stand out from tne rest along with the 24/7 rule. Hopefully the old RAW and SmackDown themes with the videos are in just like the WCW theme was in this year. They were definitely the best openings WWE ever had and should be included.

Anyone else realised that if done properly the Attitude era, is the perfect excuse to put back old features and moves we've lost over the years. There are things that can be done, to ensure the attitude era gets done properly, fixes may yet get made. Looking forward to Summerslam

BINGO!

BINGO!

:nod:

Free Roaming in the Falls Count Anywhere matches must happen. It used to happen in so many Hardcore matches in the Attitude Era and that's what made the title stand out from tne rest along with the 24/7 rule. Hopefully the old RAW and SmackDown themes with the videos are in just like the WCW theme was in this year. They were definitely the best openings WWE ever had and should be included.

Hope for this one they make an actual opening sequence using the games graphics to show people some key moments from the attitude era...

Archived