Tag team moves/Finishers

Doomsday72499

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over on WWE.com, they have an article on 14 great tag team finishers....so am hoping that even though WWE does not push the tag team scene...maybe we can get some nice tag moves as the Attitud Era had some great tag team battles...

The article has:

(in WWE 12 and hopefully returns in WWE 13):

Road Warriors Doomsday Device

Demoltion Decapitation

MNM Snapshot

Cryme Tyme G9

Not in WWE 12 but needs to be in WWE13:

Dudleys 3D

BrainBuster spike piledriver

Hart Foundation Hart Attack

Harlem Heat Heat Seeker

Undertaker/Kane Double Chokeslam (guess if you had both of them do it, it's in but not as a "tag move"

Eliminators Total Elimination

MIdnight Express Rocket Launcher

Steiners Diving Bulldog

Uso's Double SuperFly

Power & Glory Powerplex

Other great moves to add:

DWI/Villano Breaker/GHB------Powerbomb/Neckbreaker Combo (I really like the GHB version of this that Billy Gunn and Bob Holly did...hence GunnHollyBomb)

Briscoes also do a version of this where you have a Razoredge toss into the neckbreaker..

AMW/Midnight Express Death Sentence/Vegimatic

APA Assisted Powerbomb

MCMC Made In Detroit

Hart Dynasty springboard hart attack

What others would you like to see in? Any of these that you would love to see in as well?

I agree, great post!

My top 3 favs are:

demolition decapitation

doomsday device

hart attack

3D deathdrop (if possible)

tag team is totally lacking in wwegames i don't get it in 2009 tag teams was their main focus it's like they completely forgot about that when they removed all those tag team moves/finishers :facepalm:

Exactly I`ve said the same thing on various other wrestling game board forums. We need to all get together about this and let THQ know we WANT THESE MOVES BACK!!!

What a bout a spike piledriver also, NAO used to do that am I wrong?

Yes they used it and also the Brainbusters. :)

They should include the Giant/Yeti double pelvic thrust of doom.

If they added all the other tag team moves listed in this thread...and to do so had to add the "thrust of doom"...I'd take it (not the move personally ;) ).

and to give nightmares (or joy to any sick freaks) to any who don't remember this move...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRwuyrS8FqI

• 2 weeks later...

1st....warning...SPOILERS of NXT tapings.......

These moves were used in the upcoming NXT tapings....

The Usos cut a promo challenging The Ascension to a fight. The Ascension jumped them from behind and left after hitting Total Elimination on both Jimmy and Jay.

Michael McGillicutty and Johnny Curtis vs Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel

Gabriel got the pin after hitting a double team powerbomb / neckbreaker on Curtis.

Would love to have them added into WWE 13....

Powerbomb/Lungblower combo

AMW's Death Sentence

Air Raid

Atomic Drop/Running Knee Strike combo (Dubebusters finisher)

Death From Above (Team Macktion move. It'll never make it in but I can wish.

Also, this

I think the whole tag team element to the game needs to be re-evaluated. The matches are boring and there's too few moves to choose from. There should be more of a teamwork element involved. Something like you see in those bump videos would be cool, like where one wrestler would hit a super kick or something and after that the other does a german suplex or something. Although ideally creating moves would be the best, seeing as a lot of double team moves are just a combination of two singles moves. It won't happen but you'd be able to create a lot with it

3D

The Leapfrog backbreaker to opponent draped over the top rope(made famous by WGTT and Beverley Brothers

Hart Attack

Neckbreaker/backdrop (used by Dudley's then the APA, sometimes listed as a 3D)

Double Spinebuster Slam(As used by the APA, essential if they are in the game

I'd like more generic stuff too, like double kicks in the turnbuckle, kick to held opponent(like pion, punch in this year's except it's a kick)

normal hip toss when the executor of the move stays standing, a double elbow smash where one of the executors doesn't leap over the top rope

What a bout a spike piledriver also, NAO used to do that am I wrong?

really hoping for this, would be big let down if not, so many tag team finsihers need to be in this game from that era...moves like

APA aided pwerbomb,

Dudleyz 3D

T&A turnbucke avalanche -big boot,double

Edge and Christian

Con-char-to (least likely as i can't think how the can impement it)

Hardyz-diving leg drop+flip legdrop combo

Jericho+Benoit's crossface and walls of jericho (just as unlikely as con-chair-to, + slightly after Attitude era)

I Hope they add a ton of new Tag moves, not just TNA/ROH/Indy ones but also classic WWF ones like the Rockers/Power & Glory/Nasty Boys and others from the golden age when tag team meant more than "creative has nothing for you"

So agree....used to love when tag team matches and titles mattered....even back in attitude era....while people loved Austin v McMahon....who didn't want to see Dudleys/Hardy's/E&C.....or look at the Road Warriors....you don't get the "Road Warrior pop" saying if fans do nothing when your music hits...

While they gave us the hot tag feature and finally gave us the Doomsday Device again (pretty decent animation too) along with Demoltions Decapitation....so want the moves to return to the game so we can have unique matches with our own tag teams...

Whether AMW (pictured) or original by Midnite Express...the Death Sentence/Vegimatic would be great to see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON6HTKDISqE

Or even Beer Money doing it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2OxKAsJfCQ&playnext=1&list=PL3F6DB94B538B89BA&feature=results_video

Throw in this mix...some are repeats from previous posts...but the Rocket Launcher and Rapture would be nice to get in (along with any ot the others by all means...

Check out this listing..

Some highlites that I really liked:

Headbangers StageDive

Total Elimination (nuff said)

Rey/Kidman Doomsday Device

Harlem Heat Powerbomb/Elbow

AMW Powerplex

Backbreaker/TR legdrop w/Kazarian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTi2h4lPgVs

Pitbulls superbomb

Hardy's Rapture

Road Warriors/Ahmed Double Doomsday Device

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le8nuZrmUYU&feature=relmfu

Get the 2nd volume as well....tons of tag moves that would be great to see in game..

Hardy's event omega

XXX elbow drop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=c5wYp28nh3A&NR=1

I Hope they add a ton of new Tag moves, not just TNA/ROH/Indy ones but also classic WWF ones like the Rockers/Power & Glory/Nasty Boys and others from the golden age when tag team meant more than "creative has nothing for you"

So agree....used to love when tag team matches and titles mattered....even back in attitude era....while people loved Austin v McMahon....who didn't want to see Dudleys/Hardy's/E&C.....or look at the Road Warriors....you don't get the "Road Warrior pop" saying if fans do nothing when your music hits...

While they gave us the hot tag feature and finally gave us the Doomsday Device again (pretty decent animation too) along with Demoltions Decapitation....so want the moves to return to the game so we can have unique matches with our own tag teams...

Yes and hart attack and 3d deathdrop. :)

Archived