People on Youtube are not happy about Universe Mode 3.0

Steve82

Those youtube people can kiss my ass and my anus, cause it's finally famous. Seriously though I've played Universe mode more than GM mode (neither one of them are as good as PPV mode). There are certain things that GM mode does better than Universe mode, but for the most part GM mode was just a pain for me.

Ass & Anus wow lot of choice,

Well i guess no one will go to Youtube now

universe mode is way better than GM Mode...

i would like match, event, and brand ratings.the whole money deal made it hard to enjoy GM mode for me. and seriously if you don't like universe mode, don't play it or hell don't even buy the game.

Id have even be happy with simple static images with rolling script if cutscenes were too much of a pain in the arse.

Just a picture of say...

CM Punk up in Jerichos face pointing at him and yelling, while script rolls something along the lines of "This is the final straw Jericho"

Followed by Jericho looking in the other direction. Followed by a cheap shot.

Could be done just using In Game models so they wouldn't have to make the scene anew for each possible permutation of superstars.

Expand that to Tag Team formations, break ups, rocky patches, victories, defeats etc, etc, and you can relive WWE/WWF/WWWF programing.

i got enough of that from playing mgs peace walker... i prefer cutscenes the problem with gm mode is it just doesn't fit in anymore... there is no smackdown vs raw anymore so what would the point of gm mode be? nothing... they just need to incorporate more gm mode elements into universe... ie title history, win/loss records, feuds, etc... they did the feud thing last year by saying so and so are now enemies/relationship has gotten even worse/etc that was taken directly out of gm mode...i don't know why that was removed

GM Mode was cool for 8 minutes. I can play Universe for hours.

yeah i remember when i got svr11 i would start playing universe say 12 noon and next thing i know it's 5pm (weekend of course) and that's the same with wwe12 only better lol

There isn't a large enough Facepalm for this thread, why won't people get it through their thick skulls?

General Manager Mode = WWE Universe It's basically the same exact thing, without the Tedious Biased Boring B.S that filled GM Mode. People who liked General Manager mode evidently liked making Pen & Paper Rivalries we have Design-A-Storyline for that now. Plus WWE Universe, This whole "WE WANT GM MODE BACK" Is utter Rubbish. Can someone post a Youtube video of someone playing GM Mode? No, I hadn't thought so because the mode was absolute disaster. It wasn't fun in Smackdown Vs Raw 2006, Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 or Smackdown Vs Raw 2008. Thank God GM Mode is Dead, it should remain dead.

What people want from GM Mode, into WWE Universe.

- Power 25

- Ratings for each match

What people don't ever want to see from GM Mode again,

- Cost

- Contracts

- Morals

- Trading

- Rating Wars

So basically with those two things, GM Mode = WWE Universe.

Universe Mode is as boring as hell. I've only played like 1/2 hours of Universe Mode. All it is some stupid short cutscenes before or after a match. I only played it to unlock other people. Just put GM mode and season mode together

Universe Mode is as boring as hell. I've only played like 1/2 hours of Universe Mode. All it is some stupid short cutscenes before or after a match. I only played it to unlock other people. Just put GM mode and season mode together

Evidently you missed my post, also people stop whining about "Season Mode" You know what we got "Season Mode" in Smackdown Vs Raw 2009. Didn't like it, did you?

There isn't a large enough Facepalm for this thread, why won't people get it through their thick skulls?

General Manager Mode = WWE Universe It's basically the same exact thing, without the Tedious Biased Boring B.S that filled GM Mode. People who liked General Manager mode evidently liked making Pen & Paper Rivalries we have Design-A-Storyline for that now. Plus WWE Universe, This whole "WE WANT GM MODE BACK" Is utter Rubbish. Can someone post a Youtube video of someone playing GM Mode? No, I hadn't thought so because the mode was absolute disaster. It wasn't fun in Smackdown Vs Raw 2006, Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 or Smackdown Vs Raw 2008. Thank God GM Mode is Dead, it should remain dead.

- Power 25

- Ratings for each match

- Cost

- Contracts

- Morals

- Trading

- Rating Wars

Wow, I totally couldn't disagree with you more. Those things you listed as what people don't want to see are exactly what most of the people I have talked to want to see.

The problem with GM mode was that it was like NFL Head Coach. Head Coach was a brilliant game. The problem with it was that it wasn't fun to play because you couldn't actually play a football game. In other words, it had the strategy element, but the actual gameplay was not fun. GM mode was the same way. The strategy element was great, but after you hired talent and booked your show, the actual part of playing those shows was boring. The competition was lopsided because the CPU would book crazy matches every show which meant that you had to abandon all logic and strategy to try to keep up with them. When you did that, you were no longer booking your show, you were reacting to theirs. Your superstars would get injured for being in those kinds of matches too much, but the cpu talent never did. Your morale would drop, but the cpu's never would. It became about trying to beat the cheating cpu at all costs rather than about assuming the role of GM and running the show the way you would run it.

This is what I would like to see implemented into Universe. When you start universe you can choose between the following options

No front office - this would be Universe as it is now, but with match ratings and records.

Assistant GM - this would give you a limited role to book matches, set up feuds, manage talent morale, etc. You would not handle any of the finances. You would have to worry about contracts. John Laurinaitus would give you a grade at the end of every ppv to let you know how you did for that cycle.

GM-This would include budgets, contracts, talent management, setting up feuds, securing network television contracts, and getting television ratings. Triple H would give you a report every week of how you are doing.

No achievements should be tied to playing front office mode. You should not have to play it if it is not your thing. This should make everyone happy and please both those who liked GM mode and those who didn't.

- Power 25

- Ratings for each match

- Cost

- Contracts

- Morals

- Trading

- Rating Wars

Wow, I totally couldn't disagree with you more. Those things you listed as what people don't want to see are exactly what most of the people I have talked to want to see.

The problem with GM mode was that it was like NFL Head Coach. Head Coach was a brilliant game. The problem with it was that it wasn't fun to play because you couldn't actually play a football game. In other words, it had the strategy element, but the actual gameplay was not fun. GM mode was the same way. The strategy element was great, but after you hired talent and booked your show, the actual part of playing those shows was boring. The competition was lopsided because the CPU would book crazy matches every show which meant that you had to abandon all logic and strategy to try to keep up with them. When you did that, you were no longer booking your show, you were reacting to theirs. Your superstars would get injured for being in those kinds of matches too much, but the cpu talent never did. Your morale would drop, but the cpu's never would. It became about trying to beat the cheating cpu at all costs rather than about assuming the role of GM and running the show the way you would run it.

This is what I would like to see implemented into Universe. When you start universe you can choose between the following options

No front office - this would be Universe as it is now, but with match ratings and records.

Assistant GM - this would give you a limited role to book matches, set up feuds, manage talent morale, etc. You would not handle any of the finances. You would have to worry about contracts. John Laurinaitus would give you a grade at the end of every ppv to let you know how you did for that cycle.

GM-This would include budgets, contracts, talent management, setting up feuds, securing network television contracts, and getting television ratings. Triple H would give you a report every week of how you are doing.

No achievements should be tied to playing front office mode. You should not have to play it if it is not your thing. This should make everyone happy and please both those who liked GM mode and those who didn't.

Okay Buck. You've made some good points, and gave a reasonable solution. I give your post two thumbs up :cool: :cool:

- Power 25

- Ratings for each match

- Cost

- Contracts

- Morals

- Trading

- Rating Wars

Thus the reason I never liked GM Mode, It was only fun when you could turn off all the B.S. I like your idea though, as you said no achievements involved I'm fine. I just wish they'd do that for Online, Forgive me but I never want to see another "Win (Large number) of Ranked matches consecutively online" it's utter Rubbish beside it gives everyone more reason to screw people online.

Archived