Why does nobody make TNA Video Games?

Steve82

Idk. I honestly wish they had series going on..but I don't think their that promoted as wwe is(obviously)..but i wish they had More games. I honestly found the tna game quite fun..they cohld of done a little more with the stuff. But overall it was a great game....but i think It's because their not promoted enough

22842720_l.jpg

^That answered his question alright, good job.

Anyway there was supposed to be an Impact 2 in the works a while ago but i dont remember what happened to that, i think the company went under. As for why they dont now it might be a budget thing, TNA's budget might not be big enough to fund the making of a game. Thats probably not right but thats the only thing i can think of really. Or they just dont want a game.

But i kind of wish they would have a TNA game, or at least another wrestling game out there because i feel the more successful/popular games out there are the ones that have competition and the companies actually feel the need to stride to get better to compete with the rivals. Like the first person shooter franchises, theres like 5 different companies making those to compete with one another and thats why they get better and are so popular. So i would be all for a TNA game or any other wrestling game to compete with THQ and the WWE's games.

Midway Studios/Midway Games made TNA iMPACT! but they went under a few month's after it's release (they were in financial trouble way before they made iMPACT!). Midway started selling off there licences like Mortal Kombat (bought by Warner Bros.), Wheelman (picked up by Ubisoft), etc. The TNA licence was also for sale but there was no interest, iMPACT! had poor reviews and didn't sell very well, so I doubt TNA/Midway made little too no money from it, so why take the risk? I would personally like to see another TNA Game but I doubt it will happen.

I don't see the need. With CAW mode getting so advanced, its easy to create the people you need. I am NOT a tna fan (I don't even use upper case letters in thier name when I talk about them) but there are a few guys over there that I have in my universe mode. Bobby Roode, AJ, and Angle, for example.

Who needs an entire tna game when you can have what you need in a WWE game?

I don't see the need. With CAW mode getting so advanced, its easy to create the people you need. I am NOT a tna fan (I don't even use upper case letters in thier name when I talk about them) but there are a few guys over there that I have in my universe mode. Bobby Roode, AJ, and Angle, for example.

Who needs an entire tna game when you can have what you need in a WWE game?

cuz u cant get the tna matchs in a wwe game

`what tna matches? Ultimate X or whatever its called? When is the last time they did that? Besides, the last time they tried to put that in a game it was implemented horribly. Hell, they couldn't even pull that match off live without the belt falling over and over. tna isn't doing anything that can't be duplicated in a WWE game.

`what tna matches? Ultimate X or whatever its called? When is the last time they did that? Besides, the last time they tried to put that in a game it was implemented horribly. Hell, they couldn't even pull that match off live without the belt falling over and over. tna isn't doing anything that can't be duplicated in a WWE game.

last time they did it was last year and when the belt fell down it was the first time they did that match and it hasnt happen again oh really and yet wwe never down it just nothing but a wwe mark who knows nothing about tna

I know enough to know that there are two Hogans in charge now, and Dixie is clueless. I know enough to know that the younger talent is being wasted so Hogan and friends can take over. I know enough to know that Roode being champion means NOTHING. And, more importantly, I know tna isn't making ANY money from live events, PPVs or the Impact tapings. I know they haven't broken a 1.5 EVER, they got spanked when they tried to move to Monday and moved right back.

Yes, tna has talent, but no one over there knows what to do with it.

Edit: You'll notice that in my rant I not ONCE sang the praises of WWE. Yeah, there is a lot they are doing wrong right now, but when you're #1 you can afford to screw up a bit. tna is the underdog, and lets be honest, not even the #2 promotion out there. ROH has them beat in terms of storylines and talent.

SouthPeak Games purchased the rights to TNA's console video games, if I recall correctly. Just the same way someone purchased the Legends Of Wrestling liscense from the ashes of Acclaim, and also proceeded to sit on it. NamcoBandai did make an iOS game fairly recently (TNA Impact 2011, I think it was called). There was also a PSP/DS port/upgrade of the original console game called TNA Impact: Cross The Line. Midway San Dieago were purchased by THQ and became THQ San Dieago, they re-used the TNA Impact engine with some tweaks to create WWE AllStars.

Midway Studios/Midway Games made TNA iMPACT! but they went under a few month's after it's release (they were in financial trouble way before they made iMPACT!). Midway started selling off there licences like Mortal Kombat (bought by Warner Bros.), Wheelman (picked up by Ubisoft), etc. The TNA licence was also for sale but there was no interest, iMPACT! had poor reviews and didn't sell very well, so I doubt TNA/Midway made little too no money from it, so why take the risk? I would personally like to see another TNA Game but I doubt it will happen.

This sums it up. At least we still got ol' MK!

TNA games are being made for mobile now. There was one before iMPACT and there's a mobile version of iMPACT that was released in early 2011.

Nobody wants the license because it doesn't draw as big as WWE.

I must add although TNA iMPACT! was poorly reviewed, I think many of us expected it to be on par with a WWE game, which is one of the MANY reason's it failed. Given that it was there first game I thought it was decent, considering how many WWF/WWE Smackdown games it took THQ/Yukes to make before they actually made a great one (and seemed to go in reverse after HCTP). The same can be said about AAA Lucha Libre Heroes del Ring, unique roster, different style of gameplay but at the end of the day wasn't up to par. If TNA can find the right publisher and developer, I'd like to see another game.

Archived