Yakuza

JGPLX.

So I absolutely LOVE this series, and I wanted to open a topic to see who else does(hopefully some of you do!) and discuss how awesome the games are ^_^

I don't really know how to start, so I'll just leave this first post empty, I may add stuff as time goes on. As for now, people can post stories, videos, songs or whatever they want related to the games :)

Yup, I played Yakuza 3 & 4 definetely one of favorite series on the PS3. I really hope Sega release Yakuza 1 & 2 HD collection so I can enjoy those too. Btw have you seen Yakuza 5? 5 cities, 5 characters, epicness! Too bad it probably won't come out in the west. T_T

I've played Yakuza 1 and 2 'cos I've got them on PS2, and they are good, especially the second. Yakuza 1 has English dubbing which is pretty bad though :XD: and I really hope Yakuza 5 comes out here! I think there is a chance, as Dead Souls came out here. I'm still hung up on Kenzan not coming out in the West!

Anyway, found some info on Yakuza 5!

http://thegamershub.net/2012/05/yakuza-5-countdown-and-details-revealed/

http://thegamershub.net/2012/05/yakuza-5-first-screens/

Yakuza's certainly badass. I wouldn't mind playing through the games again, I think my favourite mission was facing those tigers.

Damn, that really pushed me to the limits and that's what is missing from some video games nowadays. The challenge that makes gamers go nuts over what to do to get to the next stage.

Yakuza's certainly badass. I wouldn't mind playing through the games again, I think my favourite mission was facing those tigers.

Damn, that really pushed me to the limits and that's what is missing from some video games nowadays. The challenge that makes gamers go nuts over what to do to get to the next stage.

That whole mission has to be one of my favourites in the whole series. The castle, the samurais, the ninjas and the tigers. It was crazy but so f*cking cool.

That whole mission has to be one of my favourites in the whole series. The castle, the samurais, the ninjas and the tigers. It was crazy but so f*cking cool.

Yeeeeah, it's as if things couldn't get any crazier and then when the dude with the shades brought those tigers and locked the gates, I was like, "...Yep, shit just definitely got real." Believe me, if you passed that level on your first try - you must be a beast at this game.

Yeeeeah, it's as if things couldn't get any crazier and then when the dude with the shades brought those tigers and locked the gates, I was like, "...Yep, shit just definitely got real." Believe me, if you passed that level on your first try - you must be a beast at this game.

...thanks for the compliment :hqhq:

What I like about Yakuza is that even though it is quirky, it's still realistic, so when you fight tigers, you don't think 'man this is stupid' XD

What I like about Yakuza is that even though it is quirky, it's still realistic, so when you fight tigers, you don't think 'man this is stupid' XD

......Wow, I'm an amateur, it took me at least 4 tries but I had to make sure that I was full of those energy revitalizing drinks or whatever they are. :P

Yep, exactly, Kazuma can still get his ass kicked, badly, which adds more realism since you think that he could not be pushed towards his last breathing moment any more. Also, the missions seem to have some form of significance -- for example, the Tiger mission was to add more unpredictability to the game yet it was still significant because the guy...he just wanted to see you get massacred, really.

......Wow, I'm an amateur, it took me at least 4 tries but I had to make sure that I was full of those energy revitalizing drinks or whatever they are. :P

Yep, exactly, Kazuma can still get his ass kicked, badly, which adds more realism since you think that he could not be pushed towards his last breathing moment any more. Also, the missions seem to have some form of significance -- for example, the Tiger mission was to add more unpredictability to the game yet it was still significant because the guy...he just wanted to see you get massacred, really.

Yeah I know what you mean, but at the same time, he's such a badass, he can beat up a tiger and it still seems realistic :P

Ahaha yeah and I actually loved the storyline too. He was this badass anti-hero character...not a Kratos-type character, the fact that he was human, and felt human, made the storylines in the Yakuza series much more effective.

I haven't played a Yakuza game after Yakuza 2, as I don't own a PS3 (sheds a tear), but don't you think that they're starting to overrun the series with all of these sequels? C'mon, Yakuza 5 does seem pretty excessive. I wouldn't mind interquels like what God of War did with Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta and all that but it seems as if SEGA are willing to let the storyline continue until there's a definitive end to it.

I see your point, but honestly, I love the stories and games so much that it doesn't really bother me. Each one improves in terms of gameplay, and the storylines always make sense. And it's about time you get a PS3 then! ;)

Yep, that is true. ;) I'm thinking that SEGA want to make Yakuza the biggest Japanese franchise and, possibly, one of the biggest PlayStation/Sony video game franchises. After all, that is why they started selling Yakuza in EU and the States.

Tbh, the English dubbing is awful but the fact that the games are just so awesome makes me forgive the awful dubbing. Also, the dialogue is well-written despite the dubbing being awful itself.

I never played Yakuza 1 & 2 so I had no idea what you guys were talking about with all the tigers, I had to youtube it lol. If Sega doesn't announce an HD collection at E3 or TGS, I'll probably just end up buying it online.

I never played Yakuza 1 & 2 so I had no idea what you guys were talking about with all the tigers, I had to youtube it lol. If Sega doesn't announce an HD collection at E3 or TGS, I'll probably just end up buying it online.

It looked awesome, though, right? ;) Have you played Yakuza 3 & 4, then? Also, yeah, they should announce some Yakuza trilogy collection for PS3. After all, there's been a God of War one and a Sly collection so there should be a Yakuza one!

It's too bad that Yakuza isn't that big in the West, otherwise I think a HD collection would be more likely. And Past hasn't played the first two, and Nakamura hasn't played the last two, what a coincidence :P

One aspect I love about the series is the substories, they're so engaging. I can say to myself "I'm only gonna go on for an hour", but I end up staying on for hour doing eveything except the main story! My friend will be dying but I'm too busy gambling and doing side missions XD

Yakuza 4 has to be one of my all time favorite games. It only had subtitles, no English voice overs, but it made the game feel more authentic. Japanese guys speaking perfect English wouldn't make much sense. Anyway, Yakuza 4 had an awesome story. I never played any of the Yakuza games before I played 4, but it didn't feel like it was necessary.

The game has great length, a length this is a perfect balance, meaning it isn't too short or too long. The game play is great too, so that helps it from getting boring. Fighting, adventure, RPG... What more could you ask for in a game? Going back to play the ones before 4 though, I didn't have such a good experience. The previous titles just felt boring.

It looked awesome, though, right? ;) Have you played Yakuza 3 & 4, then? Also, yeah, they should announce some Yakuza trilogy collection for PS3. After all, there's been a God of War one and a Sly collection so there should be a Yakuza one!

Yep, like I mention earlier I played Yakuza 3 & 4 definitely one if not my favorite series on the PS3.

Almost gonna platinum Yakuza 4 and I'm 70 hours in the game, only missing the extra hard trophy and Seven Pairs which I haven't even attempt yet.

Wow you're almost at platinum?! I thought I'd done a lot but I'm not near that :P I recently replayed all the Yakuza games, and I ended up spending 70 hours on Yakuza 4 and completing 70%, which I'm very proud of! I ended up doing all the substories along with a lot of other things.

Wow you're almost at platinum?! I thought I'd done a lot but I'm not near that :P I recently replayed all the Yakuza games, and I ended up spending 70 hours on Yakuza 4 and completing 70%, which I'm very proud of! I ended up doing all the substories along with a lot of other things.

Yeah, kinda annoying that I have to play hard to unlock extra hard though, so I still have two playthrough to do. It's a good thing the story is good. Are you gonna do all the chanlenges? Getting all the hearts from the hostness is so long and repetitive lol.

Btw, I just order Yakuza: Dead Souls, can't wait until I get it. Hopefully it's good. :2eye:

Yeah, kinda annoying that I have to play hard to unlock extra hard though, so I still have two playthrough to do. It's a good thing the story is good. Are you gonna do all the chanlenges? Getting all the hearts from the hostness is so long and repetitive lol.

Btw, I just order Yakuza: Dead Souls, can't wait until I get it. Hopefully it's good. :2eye:

I did quite a lot of the challenges, but I didn't bother with some of them 'cos they didn't seem fun, like doing the hostesses :P

I completed the coliseum fights, Saejima's Fighter Training, Akiyama's Saigo Training, Tanimura's Nair Training, Kiryu's gangs, Akiyama's friends and all the substories(including the secret one ;) ), and I'm probably still forgetting some :P

And Dead Souls is pretty good, the story is good(but what else would you expect?) but the gameplay isn't as fun or varied as fighting, but it's still good. I found myself saying I'll only go on for a short time, but ended up doing a bunch of side missions and stuff, which I guess is a success :P and it's always funny going from shooting zombies to going to play table tennis and the hot springs XD

It's too bad that Yakuza isn't that big in the West, otherwise I think a HD collection would be more likely. And Past hasn't played the first two, and Nakamura hasn't played the last two, what a coincidence :P

One aspect I love about the series is the substories, they're so engaging. I can say to myself "I'm only gonna go on for an hour", but I end up staying on for hour doing eveything except the main story! My friend will be dying but I'm too busy gambling and doing side missions XD

Yep, exactly. The substories and stories, themselves, are well-handled and the minigames are also addictive - the fact that Kazuma Kiryu is able to play one of those toy minigames where you insert coins, and attempt to take a toy out of the glass box, is epic. ;)

I also loved the cat mission in Yakuza (don't know if it was Yakuza or Yakuza 2) where you have to save somebody who's considered really special to this man and you initially think it's a lady but then Kazuma reacts hilariously when it turns out to be a cat. :lol:

Archived