Final 4!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Niggas In Paris

• Jay-Z
    • Kanye West
  2. 2. Nas vs Outkast

• Nas
    • Outkast

As much as I would love to have Jay vs. Nas in the final as that showdown would be awesome, I have to pick for Kanye & Nas.

I have huge respect for Jay-Z as a rapper, but feel that Kanye has been able to bring a completely new sound to hiphop. Outside from the autotune-album, most of his work has been refreshing and consistently very good. Plus he isn't afraid to do the complete opposite of what is the cultural norm, Kanye is innovative and original.

I like OutKast for doing these things as well. Nas has the edge though, because his music introduced me to hiphop. He made Illmatic. That is still a huge reason why he is probably going to the final, despite not bringing out anything since Illmatic that has been on that level. So I picked Nas.

Jay Z (where would Kanye be without him really?)

Outkast (So much more original and entertaining than Nas. Perhaps it's because I'm not a huge hip-hop guy, but I never saw what the big deal is with Illmatic. I'm guessing it is the lyricism and if that is the case then I can respect that. But the beats on that album are pretty f'n boring from what I recall. Either way, Outkast is my clear favorite of the rappers who are left in this and honestly the only of the 4 that I actively listen to)

I love Kanye, but I tend to think he's a little overrated on these boards. So I voted Jay.

I think Nas and OutKast are 2 of the greatest to do it. Was really tough on this, but I voted OutKast considering I believe Andre 3000 is probably the best rapper alive right now.

Archived