What do you think happens after death?

R A T E D.

I assume its something like you become another being like a dog or something or just relive past memories eternally or better yet you can watch what happens in future for eternal life?

Its freaking thinking about it. But anyways, discuss.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing. Your brain and body stop working and you're dead. I don't believe in a soul or anything. Everything that's considered part of someone's soul is just brain function and after brain function stops, that's it.

Actually, scientifically, the OP is closer to the truth than you may think. You do indeed become another being, but it's not incarnation as you think. Rather, it's the dispersion of atoms from the decay of your body that is spread through the air and, as all atoms are interconnecting and can at any point connect with each other, your atoms and particles more than likely will indeed become a part of someone else's body. In fact, there is something like a 97% chance that you have a particle in your body that came from the last breath of Julius Caesar. It's a beautiful rebirth that all started with the death of a star and will end with the birth of another.

Actually, scientifically, the OP is closer to the truth than you may think. You do indeed become another being, but it's not incarnation as you think. Rather, it's the dispersion of atoms from the decay of your body that is spread through the air and, as all atoms are interconnecting and can at any point connect with each other, your atoms and particles more than likely will indeed become a part of someone else's body. In fact, there is something like a 97% chance that you have a particle in your body that came from the last breath of Julius Caesar. It's a beautiful rebirth that all started with the death of a star and will end with the birth of another.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson, is that you?

Neil DeGrasse Tyson, is that you?

I wouldn't be surprised if at one point, my atoms have been, so yes; I am Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

I think I love you.

This really made my day which I never thought would happen in a thread about death

I could believe with my family and think i'll go to heaven.

I could hope that I am reincarnated as another being [human please haha]

I could dread that I'll just die and nothing will happen

And if there is no soul, explain ghosts?

Explain what about them? That they're as much as a myth as souls themselves? That they are more a work of fiction and can actually be strongly disproved?

Reincarnation.

Explain what about them? That they're as much as a myth as souls themselves? That they are more a work of fiction and can actually be strongly disproved?

Reverse logic fallacy, you cannot prove a negative. I believe most things like ghost, souls etc are not understood yet, and most are misinterpretations. If you want to talk about evidence, there is enough anecdotal evidence out there to win a court case. Evidence, not proof.

Nothing. I seriously don't believe in life after death and I wouldn't want to be another being anyway.

It will happen subconsciously. Honestly, I have a feeling that it is exactly like Edgehead said. We're all made of energy. We will break down and be recycled. We will all be another person at some point, and we won't even be aware of it.

Archived