Mick Foley No Longer Doing Program With Dean Ambrose?

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.
Mick Foley continued his program in a new blog entry with WWE newcomer Dean Ambrose. Here is what he wrote.

"Given my history of concussions, I would have to be an absolute idiot to place my future in the hands of someone I don't trust," Foley wrote. "Since I like to think I am not an idiot, I won't be placing any trust in him [Ambrose]. He had the golden ticket, and he blew it, because he would not honor the simple request I made - to his face - to not include my children in any way in his tweets. If I can't trust him to honor that simple request, I certainly can't trust him not to take liberties in the ring."

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/22007

Considering Foley has had his kids on air before (I think anyways) I'm not quite sure if I should believe this. It's borderline, in that I can easily see it being true, and I can see it as just a part of the angle as well.

Eh, I'm split. I'm a little surprised by this, honestly. This doesn't seem worked considering Mick is pretty much saying he couldn't trust Moxley out of the ring so he can't trust him in it. You wouldn't acknowledge working safe in a feud, so this seems legit.

This really sucks if this is the case. This was a dream feud. I'll wait further to see where this goes, but for now, damn.

Not sure if work or legit, but if it's legit, then sucks for Ambrose since he did have the golden ticket.

Edit: This is obviously a work, see what Ambrose had to say in reply to Foley's blog:

“l never actually insulted Mick’s dumb/blind wife or his traumatized ignorant children who think he’s a good person. #lostgeneration”

It's more than likely a work and the fact that it's blurring the lines for us is a good thing, it can show that Ambrose is more than capable of compelling,well thought out plots that can make us fans think :huh: is this legit or are they just doing a work,shoot etc which is what WWE needs more of not some 7 foot waste of sh*t who's only purpose is to be a moronic dancer.

Considering Foley has had his kids on air before (I think anyways) I'm not quite sure if I should believe this. It's borderline, in that I can easily see it being true, and I can see it as just a part of the angle as well.

Big reason he left ECW was because the fans began chanting about his kids.

- FCW star Dean Ambrose wrote the following on Twitter in response to Mick Foley's recent blog:

"l never actually insulted Mick's dumb/blind wife or his traumatized ignorant children who think he's a good person. #lostgeneration"

I think this is definitely kayfabe. He wouldn't have a future if he was talking reckless for real on twitter about a veteran like Foley. Just makes it that much more brilliant when we can't tell if it's kayfabe tho

- The feud between Mick Foley and Dean Ambrose continues online but according to Foley, it's over. Foley has written a new blog about Ambrose on his official website. Here's part of what he wrote:

"Let me state for the record that I have only spoken to FCW prospect Dean Ambrose on three different occasions. Following his match on a WWE house show on Long Island, I went out of my way to tell him I had enjoyed his match. The skills and unique qualities qualities he posseses might very well make him a force to be reckoned with somewhere down the line. He has supporters in lofty places who feel he might be a huge asset to WWE for a decade or more in the future. I'm also told that his interviews ( "promos" as we call them) are compelling, intelligent and emotional; every bit as good as the top guys in WWE.

My second conversation with Mr Ambrose got quite a bit of attention. I know there has been alot of speculation as to the nature of this conversation. To me, it was whatever anyone wanted it to be; a shoot, a work, or somewhare in the middle - as almost all compelling pieces in sports-entertainment ultimately are.

I'm far more concerned with my third conversation with the guy. Look, Ive been accused from time to time of taking some things in the business a little too seriously. Maybe I do. But like that sailor-man of old, "I am what I am, and that's all that I am." After all these years, there are some things that just bother me. Remember that "Cane Dewey" promo from 1995 that so many are still fond of? It actually came from a very heavy place in my heart, when my wife impressed on me just how sick it was for any fan to be making a sign advocating the beating (even in jest) of my 3 year-old child.

That's the immediate feeling I got when I actually read the Dean Ambrose tweet that mentioned his dream to seeing me no longer able to make a dime in the Wrestling Buisness with a particularly nasty mention of how he wanted to see my home repossesed and my children starved. Maybe the 1995 Cactus Jack would have cut a promo on the guy. The 2102 Mick Foley just wonders what would make something say something so stupid, heartless and ignorant. I felt Dean Ambrose had crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed, so took the opportunity before the Hampton, Virginia Smackdown to ask/tell him to please stop crossing a line that I wasn't comfortable with. Rick Flair has once asked a similar consideration of me before a memorable promo we shared in New Jersey in 2006. Of course I honored his request. Ours is a business built on trust and respect. I thought Dean Ambrose understood this. But less than a day after making my request, I saw that my children were once again the subject of his tweets - a reference to how I might feel differently about something if my children were in wheel-chairs. Maybe I would have cut a heck of a promo about it in 1995. Seventeen years later, I just wanted to get the f--k away from the whole scenario. It's not fun, it's not cutting edge. It just sucks.

Sports-entertainment has to involve a certain ammount of respect and trust. It's pretty obvious Dean Ambrose doesn't have any respect for me, my requests, or what I have done in the wrestling business. Therefore I can't place the slightest ammount of trust in him. Has anyone wondered if I'm feeling better following the concussion I spoke of in that December 2010 TNA Impact promo with Flair? I'm not feeling too much better. I tend to have two types of days when it comes to that muted, under-water feeling I spoke of in that promo - bad and worse. I'm just not the same guy who took 11 chair shots from the Rock in 1999. I haven't been that guy in a long time. Given my history of concussions, I would have to be a fool to place my future in the hands of someone I don't trust. Perhaps I do have another decent match left in me. If so, it will be with a guy like Dolph Ziggler, who might well be the best worker in the business, and just needs that ONE little something to allow the WWE Universe to see how talented he really is. Or a guy like the Miz - one of the best heels of this generation. Say what you want to about Miz, but the guy is damn good at what he does.

But Dean Ambrose? No. I may not have the power I once did in the business, but I still have the power to say no to things that just flat-out seem wrong. Like trying to put Dean Ambrose on the WWE map. A few weeks ago, it seemed like an interesting challenge. Now, it seems like an insult. A few weeks ago, it seemed like cutting-edge stuff. Now it just seems like bulls--t. He is a very good talent. He has those supporters in high places. Let them wrestle him. Maybe they can put him on the WWE map. Good luck."

Seems legit. I hope not though, this was his real chance.

Much as I don't like it, it seems legit. Foley does bring up his past with the Cane Dewey promo and his obvious dislike of people targeting his kids. It's a shame because I honestly think Moxely/Ambrose was setting this up beautifully; you could see it similar to how Jericho flaunts Punk about his family (be they true or not). Moxley/Ambrose is doing what a Heel should do, but it's a shame that interests conflict. There's no doubt he'll get into the WWE and be a big hit, it's just not going to happen as fast... provided this is not kayfabe.

Yup, this is definitely legit after reading that full blog. It sucks, but it's Dean's fault for crossing the line. I think it's unfortunate but that's life. Hopefully it doesn't hurt his chances of a push or call up in the future. It's a shame though, because this had so much potential.

Wow. It does seem legit, doesn't it? I'm devastated, to say the least. This had the potential to be one of the greatest feuds of all time.

I don't see what the big deal is. What Dean said wasn't that much worse than what Chris Jericho has been saying to CM Punk on Raw every week. It was typical heel stuff. He didn't mention his kids by name. I can understand why Mick is offended, but did he really expect Dean to cut a PC, family friendly promo on him? He needs to get off his high horse. Mick is the one exploiting his family on reality television. He should be able to handle a harmless heel promo on his family.

If so, it will be with a guy like Dolph Ziggler, who might well be the best worker in the business, and just needs that ONE little something to allow the WWE Universe to see how talented he really is. Or a guy like the Miz - one of the best heels of this generation. Say what you want to about Miz, but the guy is damn good at what he does.

Really? The Miz? The Miz couldn't hold Dean Ambrose's jock strap. He's trash. How can Mick bitch about Dean Ambrose being careless, someone who he's never wrestled, and then suggest that he'll get in the ring with someone who somehow managed to injure like four people in one match. As for Dolph Ziggler, he's far from the best worker in the business. He's great, but he's so insanely overrated by everyone. There has never been a more generic, cocky heel character. In the ring he's outstanding, but character-wise he sucks. He is very mediocre on the mic and bland.

I swear if this turns out to be a work, Mick just turned heel on me. He went from the underdog, take-on all comers hardcore legend, to a haughty, snob. If they ever had a match, I'd be pulling for Dean. This is saying a lot seeing as Cactus Jack is my all time favorite wrestler. This is pathetic though. Mick takes himself way too seriously these days. Just quit. If you can't handle being a professional wrestler, then don't come back. You're the hardcore legend. Nobody wants to see you dance around with Hornswoggle or have a gentle, WWE-style "extreme rules" match with The Miz.

I know you guys are saying that it's legit and Mick has proved in the past that he doesn't like people involving his kids, but, it may be possible that he's made an exception for Ambrose since the guy has such high potential and bringing in Mick's children brings more emotion into their feud.

I can see this carrying on for a while. Ambrose taunting Mick's kids and Mick saying that he held Ambrose with such high esteem but he blew his chance. Then Mick "Snaps" and their feud begins...

Or you guys are right and Ambrose unintentionally crossed the line.

Archived