Attention Hackers of the WWE 12 Community

PipebombPunk

According to THQ_Tank, they are "cleaning up" the WWE 12 CC on Xbox 360 and removing all of the Hacked Content. This includes Renders, Textures, ect. All hackers will be found and banned! This is real, if you dont believe me, go to THQ's WWE 12 forums!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as hacked/modded content - we are going to be doing a clean sweep of inappropriate content. Our team is consistently removing content, however, we have yet to officially ban users in-game. We will be evaluating this week.

We also recognize some of this "hacked" content is "good content" that the majority of the community loves (i.e. the tool to hack the Superstar photo) with great character models created.

There is a potential TOC XBOX Live violation here with this content and we may have no choice but to remove it. That said, we are looking into it because we recognize it has created a positive reaction, but if that door is open, its open for everyone, and that presents quite the issue.

This is amongst our highest priorities in the next 2-weeks and certainly moving towards '13 we need to improve policing and banning. We fully recognize that is a critical area.

-Tank

http://wwe.thq.com/go/thread/view/136083/29065113/wwe-12-latest-online-update-forum-bans-and-your-mods

I think it is just in reference to the renders, because textures have been used since 2010 and 2011, they never removed them then, or claimed a violation. So, I just think it is to do with the other stuff, maybe render as well. They need to ban the caw stealers not this. Smh.

If they do removed textured caws etc, then they are the biggest hypocrites in video game history.

I believe he maybe thinks Petchy is the only one who uploads with renders?

Anyway, this sucks. I hate making my own renders and usually just searched for the CAW online.

Nah he was actually praising Petchy's intentions, and noting others do not do it for good reasons.

to me, personally, there is a big difference between someone who has created hacked/modded content for "good intents" (such as Petchy), versus someone who has not.

Lol he mentions Petchy...

...And in a positive way too, reading between the lines i highly doubt they'll be handing out bans to everyone and anyone that uses 'alternative' methods for caw'ing, he even states himself that such caws have had a positive effect on the community. BUT if THQ do go down that road then i dare say it will damage them more than us...gonna be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Eh, it might not be too big of a problem. They get through removing one render or banning someone for a render and then they get hit with the Server Error Message..

Besides aren't they busy with fixing the servers and WWE '13? Ohhhh RIIIIIGHT...

As far as hacked/modded content - we are going to be doing a clean sweep of inappropriate content. Our team is consistently removing content, however, we have yet to officially ban users in-game. We will be evaluating this week.

This is amongst our highest priorities in the next 2-weeks and certainly moving towards '13 we need to improve policing and banning.

Yup, and the servers will still be crap.. Good job THQ.. :yawn:

LOL @ THQ

Go ahead and ban people it not like anyone can get online anyway.Beside if they remove the content from online people will still upload save files that contain the renders/caws to a download site.

It funny how they dont mention fixing the server while they do this clean sweep.

I think thq understand the immense popularity of quality caws and will not do anything about that, they will however take action against other invisible caws or hacked movesets

I agree though i'll be honest i havent come across anything like that or anything i'd deem otherwise inappropriate, aside from stolen caw's but that honestly doesn't bother me personally too much. Its kind of a weird form of flattery and as long as people get use out of your creation so be it, end of the day none of us are earning any money for this.

One thing that i find really weird/confusing about the whole thing though is that they actually mentioned my Goldberg on the opening page of community creations, yet that involved both hacks and render...strange that one lol.

Archived