Do They Deserve Another Run With The WWE Championship?

Guest Fight Me.

WWE Championship  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Does The Rock Deserve Another Run w/ WWE Championship?

2. 2. Does Brock Lesnar Deserve Another Run w/ WWE Championship?

3. 3. Who Deserves It More?

Guest Fight Me.

wccsqv.jpg

It has been over a week since The Rock defeated John Cena at WrestleMania XXVIII and then went on to reveal his vision of becoming WWE Champion again on Monday Night Raw. On the same night, Brock Lesnar made a surprising return to the WWE with an F5 heard around the world on John Cena.

During the WrestleMania NY/NJ press conference, The Rock announced that he will be at the event in 2013. On the day of WrestleMania XXVIII, Brock Lesnar signed a one year contract, which means he will also likely be at WrestleMania XXIX. A lot can happen within the next year. A year ago, Brock Lesnar was still a UFC fighter and The Rock was bringing it via satellite.

Who knows, maybe Brock or Rock can go on to win the WWE Championship at SummerSlam. Maybe the other can go on to win the 2013 Royal Rumble and main event WrestleMania. Maybe these guys end up facing each other for the WWE Championship at the Grandest Stage of Them All. Brock Lesnar could even decide to stay and extend his contract. A lot can happen from here to April 7, 2013. What do you guys think, do these guys deserve another run as WWE Champion?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think Brock does because Brock openly and publicly trashed the WWE any chance he could and the only reason he is back is because he cant cut it in MMA again while the Rock doesnt need the wwe and is doing it cause he enjoys it.

When talking about the WWE Championship, neither deserve to hold it. We're living in the present now, guys. This isn't the Attitude Era. No matter how much The Rock or Brock did for the company, it held its own without them, too. And it did it with the support of the rest of the roster. So, in my opinion, a majority of the logical roster deserve the title more than either of them. With that said, I won't mind a simple One-on-One match at WrestleMania XXIX. Rock has already demonstrated that he's still got it in him. The only variable in the equation is Brock Lesnar, who I believe won't disappoint. So, I'm all for it! But the WWE Championship? No, although I'm ready to take confronts for saying this...

When talking about the WWE Championship, neither deserve to hold it. We're living in the present now, guys. This isn't the Attitude Era.

Brock wasn't involved with the Attitude Era.

These guys are major draws for the company, I think both deserve a title run with one of them putting someone like Punk over for the strap at a major PPV.

When talking about the WWE Championship, neither deserve to hold it. We're living in the present now, guys. This isn't the Attitude Era.

These guys are major draws for the company, I think both deserve a title run with one of them putting someone like Punk over for the strap at a major PPV.

Attitude Era was just an example I presented. As for major draws, that's exactly my point. Their match would get equal exposure, whether for the title or not. But by not having it for the title, they are getting themselves another high-profile match which is a win-win situation.

Pretty much what Punker said.

I'm not against a singles match between the stars of the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression eras, respectively. But since both most likely won't appear on a weekly basis in the coming months, I don't think they should go to WrestleMania to face each other for the WWE Title, probably in the main event. Although it certainly wouldn't be the end of the world if (B)Rock is gonna win the Title, preferably towards the end of the year (not around Mania), I feel it's time for the new generation to step up (like they're doing right now). It'd be a different story if these legends wouldn't clash for the title, but instead faced fresher people for the championship. I guess the WWE has this pretty much set though.

And neither needs to win the Royal Rumble match. If Jericho, a wrestler who never got this accomplishment, couldn't win the Rumble because it was time to catapult a fresh face into the WM Championship Match (= the price isn't the Main Event spot anymore) this year, I don't see why Rocky or Lesnar should win the match for the second time in '13.

No, No, neither.. Lesnar and Johnson left WWE to pursue other things in their career. the WWE has done fine without them over the past several years. there are guys there now that have been busting their ass, traveling 300 days of the year, working Raw, SD, PPV's and house shows. Johnson and Lesnar will not be working house shows, Lesnar is making what, 40 appearances through next WM?!, who knows when ol' Dwayne will show up next since he's filming 4 movies this year, that'll take up most of his time. and before anyone says, "well maybe they should step up their game", it's kinda hard to step up their game when their career get put on hold so Lesnar and Johnson gets put in front of them(and we all know what happen last time everyone's career got put on hold for Lesnar year's ago) just for a ratings boost and so Vince can make more money. that is not fair to the guys who are working A FULL schedule and are all ready potential top contenders to the WWE/WHC championships.

Attitude Era was just an example I presented. As for major draws, that's exactly my point. Their match would get equal exposure, whether for the title or not. But by not having it for the title, they are getting themselves another high-profile match which is a win-win situation.

Equal exposure, I agree but say someone like the The Rock or Lesnar (both are HUGE draws) drops the belt after their feud (assuming they have one of course) to someone like Punk (Using Punk because he's a well established babyface), not only will the belt actually mean something (because of who was holding it i.e Brock/Rock) but it would elevate Punk to Cena's level (or even beyond).

The belt IMO doesn't matter in the Rock v Lesnar feud, just what happens after. Having someone Cody Rhodes (an example) losing the belt to Punk wouldn't benefit Rhodes or Punk in the slightest.

Archived