Bully Ray Being Considered For World Title Run, Sarita Dealing With Personal Issue

Chazzle.

-- TNA Wrestling's creative department has contemplated making Bully Ray the World Heavyweight Champion as they feel he is the best heel in the professional wrestling industry today.

-- Sarita stated on Facebook that she missed Tuesday evening's CMLL show at Arena México due to an emergency requiring her to visit her native country (Canada, which she does not mention). The TNA Knockout issued an apology and promised to return to action soon.

-- TNA Wrestling Senior Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations Bruce Prichard missed last week's set of Impact Wrestling tapings in Orlando, Florida. He recently suffered a pair of 'small' heart attacks, causing him to miss the prior set of tapings.

-- The official Twitter feed of Impact Wrestling announced Wednesday that first and third row tickets have been made available for Sunday's Lockdown pay-per-view event at Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee via Ticketmaster.com.

Source: Lords Of Pain

-- TNA Wrestling's creative department has contemplated making Bully Ray the World Heavyweight Champion as they feel he is the best heel in the professional wrestling industry today.

-- Sarita stated on Facebook that she missed Tuesday evening's CMLL show at Arena México due to an emergency requiring her to visit her native country (Canada, which she does not mention). The TNA Knockout issued an apology and promised to return to action soon.

-- TNA Wrestling Senior Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations Bruce Prichard missed last week's set of Impact Wrestling tapings in Orlando, Florida. He recently suffered a pair of 'small' heart attacks, causing him to miss the prior set of tapings.

-- The official Twitter feed of Impact Wrestling announced Wednesday that first and third row tickets have been made available for Sunday's Lockdown pay-per-view event at Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee via Ticketmaster.com.

Source: Lords Of Pain

Not even the best heel in TNA

Bully Ray is a fantastic heel, this guy gets too much heat at shows. He argues with the kids and insults their mother and sister. I swear when Ray stepped out the ring during his entrance the kid jumped 2 rows back. While bobby roode got cheered by the crowd.

Bully Ray is a fantastic heel, this guy gets too much heat at shows. He argues with the kids and insults their mother and sister. I swear when Ray stepped out the ring during his entrance the kid jumped 2 rows back. While bobby roode got cheered by the crowd.

I haven't seen iMPACT for ages, but if that's true, then the claims are 100% true. As JBL has stated multiple times before (and this is a paraphrase) "If you are the heel, you never want to get cheered. You want the crowd to hate your guts". From the sounds of it, that's what Ray is doing and few can match that (I'd argue Mark Henry back when he first started his Hall of Pain Gimmick and threw that sound guy around).

As for Sarita, hope everything in Canada is alright.

As for Mr. Prichard, I wish him the best. As someone who has to deal with Heart issues myself, they can be scary and having not one, but TWO heart attacks (no matter how small) can take a while to recover from. My Capitalism and Democracy Teacher at my college was out for a month after a "small" heat attack.

I haven't seen iMPACT for ages, but if that's true, then the claims are 100% true. As JBL has stated multiple times before (and this is a paraphrase) "If you are the heel, you never want to get cheered. You want the crowd to hate your guts". From the sounds of it, that's what Ray is doing and few can match that (I'd argue Mark Henry back when he first started his Hall of Pain Gimmick and threw that sound guy around).

As for Sarita, hope everything in Canada is alright.

As for Mr. Prichard, I wish him the best. As someone who has to deal with Heart issues myself, they can be scary and having not one, but TWO heart attacks (no matter how small) can take a while to recover from. My Capitalism and Democracy Teacher at my college was out for a month after a "small" heat attack.

i agree with everything you say here, BTW I had to deal with my dad having a heart attack 10 years ago, so I can see where you're coming from.

Bully's definitely one of the best heels in TNA, but the best one going today? I think not, TNA. While he's done a superb job of losing weight and reinventing himself, Bully shouldn't be the WHC over Bobby Rooooooooo. Since Devon won the TV Title for no apparent reason, Bully would definitely be the best man to beat him for the belt due to not only their history, but also because he deserves a singles title for his hard work.

I watched this weeks iMPACT for the first time in months last night and was pleasantly surprised to see Ray is still getting shit loads of heat. No one in the crowd cheers him whereas other heels seem to get a few cheers. I wouldn't be upset to see Bully become World Champion.

Bully Ray IS the best heel in wrestilng right now.

A perfect example was when they had a PPV in Philly a few months back and all the old ECW fans were cheering him. One intervew segment later, he got crowd to turn on him.

I do think he desrves a title run, but It'd be kind of hard right now since the champ is also a heel.

A perfect example was when they had a PPV in Philly a few months back and all the old ECW fans were cheering him. One intervew segment later, he got crowd to turn on him.

I do think he desrves a title run, but It'd be kind of hard right now since the champ is also a heel.

I think he has some competition with Daniel Bryan.

I think he has some competition with Daniel Bryan.

He does, along with Y2J. Still no doubt that Bully's fantastic in the role of being a prick, though.

Is Bully Ray deserving of the world title? Yes. But the fact they want to be the belt on him confirms to me that the main event scene is the worst in TNA's short history.

Yeah, God forbid TNA put the title on someone who has worked hard over the past year to get in better shape,constantly draw heat from the crowd and is pretty consistant with putting on good matches. Why anybody want to put the World title on a person like that is just mind boggling, nothing more than crazy talk I tell you.

Please No.

Bully Ray has been a tag-team wrestler for nearly his entire career for a good reason, he isn't good enough on his own, yeah he's good on the mic and funny with it, yeah he can be entertaining but he's pathetic in the ring, especially for a veteran, just look at his performance at Lethal Lockdown, most of the time he's sloppy as hell and even Gunner looks like a more solid wrestler when in the same ring as him.

Why would TNA need him to be the Champ? How would that benefit TNA or TNA's ratings in any shape or form? It wouldn't, if anything it would help them go the other way, Bully Ray is good where he is, he doesn't even need the title and the title doesn't need him either, he's in the spotlight filling in the gaps and supporting upcomers and very good at doing that role, does he deserve more? maybe, but not at the expense of the company, not when you have other Wrestlers on the show who would bring in better ratings as a Champ and be alot more fresh than Bully and likely be around for alot longer. I Don't think TNA can afford to give Bully a "you deserve it" title run right now and i don't want to see Bully vs Devon again (referring to him having a TNA TV Title run).

While i'm on the subject of Wrestlers doing nothing for a title and being potentially poor title runs... why has Devon now randomly got the title? Unless they really are planning another Bully/Devon Storyline then i don't see where it's going to go at all, hopefully it's a quick transitional run for another Heel. Unlike Bully, Devon has shown little to nothing in terms of progression as a singles wrestler since they split, he's always been the sounder wrestler of the two but he hasn't done anything entertaining in years and i don't see that changing anytime soon. The TV Title doesn't needs a has-been, it needs a spark, much like alot of other Promotion's mid-card titles have been for the last few years it gets little to no attention, it needs a major dose of Rhodes treatment and fast, get someone who they can build the title around (Aries?) and use it for the actual purpose for mid-card titles, building up the possible next TNA Champs. They have enough talent and enough airtime to dedicate a proper storyline worth watching, i can think of at least 6 singles feuds going on right now in TNA which none have a title for, not to say they need to have titles for those feuds but they could, at least for the sake of the title actually being used properly.

Archived