Misterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... (Archer/Ravenos)

Ravenos

Updates, April 15:

Misssssster..... Finished. Fin. Ish. Ed. Y. Son.

Again, sorry for the crappy pic quality. In the end, I abandoned the shirts for all but the Donkey attire (it was just not going right, and that extra PT for the back tattoo makes so much difference-- you'll thank me when you see him in game).

Tags, once the upload ACTUALLY works (3 failures in a row... grrr): Archer, Ravenos, Anderson

Archer did the body morph and the initial face morph (which I then tweaked so many times I lost count via suggestion and new reference pics). He gave me an amazing base to work from.

I made all the PTs here, either by drawing them or scraping/converting from old game files or really sharp photos. AndI got them into the game via MAGIC! :)

I did the attire work. I re-did the face and hair texturing (three times, actually-- it was tough to get it where I wanted it) with Archer's help.

I made his moveset, though there's not a lot to write home about. I did give him a custom Mic Check based on one of his matches with Sting that includes a low blow to set it up (it was match accurate and was the best transition into the move I could find, but some might want to change it). I also made his entrance, but it's pretty generic. Since the microphone dropping isn't anywhere in the game anymore, it's hard to make anything that screams Anderson.

IDK who made the render-- I got it in a pack. I think it might be KidSampson's. if it isn't, he deserves props anyway since like 60% of the renders on CC were his product.

Speaking of, big ups to KidSampson and Archer for both hitting me with... ahem... some help with that magic I mentioned earlier, and thanks to BrienJ for making what me and Archer did here possible.

Here's the final look:

W9n7g.jpg

wo0TZ.jpgxljHv.jpgP1IIc.jpg

Render:

8HMX8.jpg

Back tat:

DHyIm.jpg

Attire 1: Current (until he wears something new tonight and makes me crazy)

kDUMn.jpgPMTk9.jpg

Attire 2: Donkey/A$$ho!e attire (forget the event now... grrr)

This has an entrance shirt and the cinematic is in jeans for people who wanted a street attire. it's the same shirt entrance and street-- I did the back pic from one and the front from the other to save having extra shots.

IYEhp.jpgo1aoC.jpgW1wag.jpgLLSQ1.jpg

Attire 3: Mr. Kennedy

tQBE8.jpgNCLpw.jpg

Attire 4: Genesis '10/TNA debut Green

MyN3t.jpg

S8VT5.jpg

Thanks to everyone here for the input and suggestions. I'm really happy with how this turned out, and I hope I did Archer proud. His work is fantastic; I'd hate to be the person who brought his quality down. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I uploaded the Paint Tools for the 3rd attire. Anway, the hairline needs a little tweaking because it looks to receded. The eyes need a little work just the sizing I think and blending the texture a little more and it's perfect.

need to sort out the eyebrows, looking too far apart. will have to play about with the texture there, and agree wth codebreaker about the blending...mainly under the cheeks. also if u can do the back tat in 3 logos as it needs to be bigger. the edges stretch over the back of the shoulder as if creeping onto the bicep, but the tat would get cut if u just did the logo on the back that size...hence u would need 1 logo on each arm to finish off the edges of the tat. probly used alot of pts on the hair and face though lol.

need to sort out the eyebrows, looking too far apart. will have to play about with the texture there, and agree wth codebreaker about the blending...mainly under the cheeks. also if u can do the back tat in 3 logos as it needs to be bigger. the edges stretch over the back of the shoulder as if creeping onto the bicep, but the tat would get cut if u just did the logo on the back that size...hence u would need 1 logo on each arm to finish off the edges of the tat. probly used alot of pts on the hair and face though lol.

Yeah, there's no chance of using more PTs on the back tattoo, sadly. It was a bit of a struggle to get everything we needed out of the 10 we had. I could have used like 20 PT slots and really made this look amazing, but limits are limits.

I'll have to look at the blending-- the four pieces of face texture connect with no signs that they're split, so I don't know how to blend it more. Unless that's not what was meant. The sort of blush is on Anderson's face in all the in-game textures I could find. It almost looks like razor burn, actually. I don't know if I can do anything to make it look smoother, or if that would help him look better.

I think the eyebrow problem is just the quality of my picture. I outlined his blonde eyebrow here (which sort of gets lost on the photo). I think they are positioned right, but if I'm off, someone hit me with a ref and I'll tweak. I went from his TNA press photos and the SVR 2008 in-game model.

Jes0U.jpg

And for people who want to see that blurry TNA attire better:

oQFDq.jpg

FlKJh.jpg

I'll tinker a bit based on suggestions here.

Other thoughts?

Seeking additional eye/eyebrow advice. It might just be I've been staring at his face too long, but based on these refs, I think the eyebrows are in the right spot (and the right thickness-- I was afraid they got too big).

But I've been thinking about his eye shape. Sometimes they look bigger IRL, but I think it's because Ken is so expressive with his mad man yelling and such. Here's a collection of a few shots of his eyes... I'm trying to figure out if they need to be changed, and if so in what way. Look in particular at the image in the lower right corner for eyebrow placement-- I know he's got a bit of a scowl going there, but somewhere between that and the one above him is his 'relaxed' expression, I think. The ones on the left are clearly moments that he's being emphatic.

E4m7M.jpg

Seeing your refs makes me wish we had a hairstyle choice that looked like Ken's all the more. Having those short, messy spikes would help with the likeness so much.

Forgive me if I sound noobish, community, but look at them, I think the problem might be eyebrow angle, but I can't decide if it's a problem or just a "have to pick your poison" thing. I'm looking at my refs, then at Codebreaker's. I'm seeing about seven positions that could be considered "default" for Ken's eyebrow angle (ranging from playful to slightly angry) and then some places where he's clearly playing with his expression to show anger or sarcastic humor. I have them currently angled sort of down. Moving them up makes him look closer to some shots and further from others. That probably seems like an obvious statement, now that I've typed it.

Anyway, I guess my question is the same one I asked when talking to people working on Bobby Roode: we know the game is going to give our CaWs moments where they do some pretty emotive facial gestures. Do we prefer, then, that the default err more toward angry or incredulous?

I can't really decide. I change it a little, and it matches one ref more, but then I look at a different ref and tweak a little to match it, then I look at another... and it becomes a tweak-a-thon wherein by the time I cycle back, it's wrong again.

Ideas?

Not really diggin the Kennedy attire as WWE was not good to him and he fits better with another TNA attire instead, are you fixing the blur on the front? Great job and hope he's uploaded soon. I see Mr. Anderson when I look at this, btw the hair is good already.

WOW! Incredible job! On the profile view of it, I think the nose needs just a LITTLE bit more depth to it. The face looks too flat, but giving the nose just a few more depth points might fix that. Maybe take away some depth on the chin, too? Looks REALLY good!

I can't really decide. I change it a little, and it matches one ref more, but then I look at a different ref and tweak a little to match it, then I look at another... and it becomes a tweak-a-thon wherein by the time I cycle back, it's wrong again.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I struggled with that problem making Storm.

I just got my thing I can't talk about back from the cool helpful guys at the place this forum won't let me mention. I believe that he's looking better.

I should have updates tonight.

A general question, if any super CaW experts are reading. If you increase the nostril height to max, and drop the size to 0, is there any other way to bring the septum (the part between the two nostrils) of the nose up?

If not, I have his nose at max height, but if I could go about 15 more clicks without it stretching his septum down, I think it'd look better.

Archived