Ric Flair WILL Be Appearing At The WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.
WWE.com has just gotten word that Ric Flair will be in attendance at the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony at Miami's American Airlines Arena on Saturday, March 31.

On that night, The Nature Boy will gain a record second entry into the hallowed Hall. Only this time, Flair will be entering alongside his legendary Four Horsemen allies: Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham and JJ Dillon. (MORE ABOUT THE HORSEMEN)

First inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008 on the night before he faced Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXIV, The Nature Boy became the first active Superstar to ever receive the honor. The Dirtiest Player in the Game retired from the ring after losing to HBK on The Grandest Stage of Them All, but his legacy as one of the most respected and influential performers in sports-entertainment endures. (WATCH)

The induction ceremony, which will be held on the eve of WrestleMania XXVIII, will air on USA on Monday, April 2 at 8 p.m.

Dixie Carter comments:

Legacy Talent, which represents Ric Flair, issued the following on his upcoming apperance at the WWE Hall of Fame. TNA President Dixie Carter commented:

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING Star Ric Flair® to Attend WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Flair Confirms He Will be Present in Miami When the Four Horsemen Receive Their Hall of Fame Honor

CHARLOTTE, NC – (March 27, 2012) International celebrity the Nature Boy® Ric Flair is set to become the only wrestler in history to be inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Hall of Fame twice. Flair’s dominant 1980s wrestling group, the Four Horsemen, known to be the greatest in ring performers of all time, will be granted their seat in the Hall of Fame at a ceremony in Miami, FL on March 31st, the day before Wrestlemania XXVIII. Flair will be inducted along-side fellow members of the Four Horsemen: Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham, and J.J. Dillon.

The news of Flair’s second induction was followed by a firestorm of controversy. Questions flew about whether Flair would attend the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony as he is currently under contract with Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling. Understanding what a huge honor this is for Flair, TNA is graciously supporting him in the decision to attend the Hall of Fame ceremony alongside his fellow inductees.

“Being inducted once was one of the greatest accomplishments of my career, so I’m humbled and honored to be recognized again. I wouldn’t miss the ceremony for the world,” says Flair.

TNA President Dixie Carter says, “We are proud of Ric’s many accomplishments and contributions he has made to the world of professional wrestling and beyond. We wish to congratulate him on yet another honor he truly deserves.”

Flair, a 16-time World Heavyweight Champion, was inducted individually into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008. On becoming a two-time inductee his agent Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent and Entertainment says, “We are all so proud to be watching Ric continue to make history. There will never be an athlete more deserving of wearing two Hall of Fame rings than Ric Flair.”

For more information on Ric Flair go to www.ricflair.com, follow him on Facebook: Ric Flair, The Nature Boy, or on Twitter: @RicFlairNatrBoy. Flair is currently with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. TNA airs Thursday nights (9/8c) on Spike TV with monthly 3-hour Per-Per-View events.

ABOUT LEGACY TALENT AND ENTERTAINMENT, LLC

Legacy Talent and Entertainment is a full service Talent Management and Entertainment Development Company. Legacy Talent provides professional talent management services to select celebrities and athletes, including representing several of the highest profile celebrities exclusively. For more information call 704-334-7727 or 310-892-7561, visit www.legacytalentandentertainment.com, and become a fan on Facebook: Legacy Talent and Entertainment.

So just so im clear, does that mean he will literally be indcuted as in he will stand alongside the Horsemen?

Yes, Ric Flair will be inducted in the Hall of Fame for the second time with the Four Horsemen.

Legacy Talent, which represents Ric Flair, issued the following on his upcoming apperance at the WWE Hall of Fame. TNA President Dixie Carter commented:

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING Star Ric Flair® to Attend WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Flair Confirms He Will be Present in Miami When the Four Horsemen Receive Their Hall of Fame Honor

CHARLOTTE, NC – (March 27, 2012) International celebrity the Nature Boy® Ric Flair is set to become the only wrestler in history to be inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Hall of Fame twice. Flair’s dominant 1980s wrestling group, the Four Horsemen, known to be the greatest in ring performers of all time, will be granted their seat in the Hall of Fame at a ceremony in Miami, FL on March 31st, the day before Wrestlemania XXVIII. Flair will be inducted along-side fellow members of the Four Horsemen: Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham, and J.J. Dillon.

The news of Flair’s second induction was followed by a firestorm of controversy. Questions flew about whether Flair would attend the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony as he is currently under contract with Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling. Understanding what a huge honor this is for Flair, TNA is graciously supporting him in the decision to attend the Hall of Fame ceremony alongside his fellow inductees.

“Being inducted once was one of the greatest accomplishments of my career, so I’m humbled and honored to be recognized again. I wouldn’t miss the ceremony for the world,” says Flair.

TNA President Dixie Carter says, “We are proud of Ric’s many accomplishments and contributions he has made to the world of professional wrestling and beyond. We wish to congratulate him on yet another honor he truly deserves.”

Flair, a 16-time World Heavyweight Champion, was inducted individually into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008. On becoming a two-time inductee his agent Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent and Entertainment says, “We are all so proud to be watching Ric continue to make history. There will never be an athlete more deserving of wearing two Hall of Fame rings than Ric Flair.”

For more information on Ric Flair go to www.ricflair.com, follow him on Facebook: Ric Flair, The Nature Boy, or on Twitter: @RicFlairNatrBoy. Flair is currently with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. TNA airs Thursday nights (9/8c) on Spike TV with monthly 3-hour Per-Per-View events.

ABOUT LEGACY TALENT AND ENTERTAINMENT, LLC

Legacy Talent and Entertainment is a full service Talent Management and Entertainment Development Company. Legacy Talent provides professional talent management services to select celebrities and athletes, including representing several of the highest profile celebrities exclusively. For more information call 704-334-7727 or 310-892-7561, visit www.legacytalentandentertainment.com, and become a fan on Facebook: Legacy Talent and Entertainment.

I'm just wondering why it isn't Ole Anderson being inducted instead of Barry Windham?

Anyway it's great to see that The Four Horsemen is being inducted. It would be cool if WWE inducted every member of the group but obvious that would mean Beniot and that ain't happening.

I'm just wondering why it isn't Ole Anderson being inducted instead of Barry Windham?

Anyway it's great to see that The Four Horsemen is being inducted. It would be cool if WWE inducted every member of the group but obvious that would mean Beniot and that ain't happening.

Re: Ole. Ole hates Vince, while Barry has had a good relationship with Vince in fact he was an agent not long ago if I recall, hence Barry's in and not Ole.

Re: Other Horsemen being inducted. I agree with the point about Benoit, but if they inducted every Horsemen that would also include Sting, Mongo, Roma, Ole, Jarrett and yes Benoit. Either they are with TNA(Sting, Jarrett), sucked horribly (Mongo, Roma), hates Vince(Ole) or ...well you know(Benoit). Luger, Malenko and even Sid I could put up with. Oh yeah, don't forget Curt Hennig was briefly a Horsemen, but he's in the Hall already, so he's okay.

With all the back and forth between the WWE and TNA superstars on twitter recently, it would be nice if they put the competition aside for the night. We could see Austin Aries, Punk, Joe and Daniel Bryan all sitting together. That would be awesome. Or Ric sitting with HHH, HBK, and AJ Styles. Probably won't happen, but i can dream.

Re: Ole. Ole hates Vince, while Barry has had a good relationship with Vince in fact he was an agent not long ago if I recall, hence Barry's in and not Ole.

Re: Other Horsemen being inducted. I agree with the point about Benoit, but if they inducted every Horsemen that would also include Sting, Mongo, Roma, Ole, Jarrett and yes Benoit. Either they are with TNA(Sting, Jarrett), sucked horribly (Mongo, Roma), hates Vince(Ole) or ...well you know(Benoit). Luger, Malenko and even Sid I could put up with. Oh yeah, don't forget Curt Hennig was briefly a Horsemen, but he's in the Hall already, so he's okay.

What about inducting Steve "Mongo" McMichaels in the celebrity wing. I could see that, What do you guys think?

With all the back and forth between the WWE and TNA superstars on twitter recently, it would be nice if they put the competition aside for the night. We could see Austin Aries, Punk, Joe and Daniel Bryan all sitting together. That would be awesome. Or Ric sitting with HHH, HBK, and AJ Styles. Probably won't happen, but i can dream.

What about inducting Steve "Mongo" McMichaels in the celebrity wing. I could see that, What do you guys think?

Celebrity wing? Interesting, but lawrence Taylor would probably get there before Mongo, as he main evented WM 11 :argh: then again Drew Carey is there already.

Celebrity wing? Interesting, but lawrence Taylor would probably get there before Mongo, as he main evented WM 11 :argh: then again Drew Carey is there already.

From a talent perspective, I can see that argument but given his history, WWE would never do that.

Lawrence Taylor : cocaine, drug related suspensions, jailed for attempted drug possession and sexual misconduct with a 16 year old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Taylor

Archived