Which WWE Games do you find yourself revisiting the most & Which WWE Spinoff did you enjoy?

SuicidalKissesProduction™

Which WWE Game do you find yourself revisiting the most?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which WWE Game Do You find yourself Revisiting the most?

• Smackdown!
    • Smackdown! 2
    • Smackdown! Just Bring It
    • Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth
    • Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain
    • Smackdown Vs Raw
    • Smackdown Vs Raw 2006
    • Smackdown Vs Raw 2007
    • Smackdown Vs Raw 2008
    • Smackdown Vs Raw 2009
    • Smackdown Vs Raw 2010
    • Smackdown Vs Raw 2011
    • WWE12
    • WWF No Mercy
    • Wrestlemania 2000
  2. 2. What WWE Spinoffs did you enjoy?

• WWE Crash Hour
    • WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania
    • WWE All-Stars

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't play any old WWE games, mainly because the only ones I would want to play are on PS2 and I don't own one anymore. If I could though it would be SYM. That's the first WWE game I played so even if HCTP was better in some ways SYM has more nostalgia for me.

Favourite spin off was easily All Stars.

I would say its a tie between SYM and HCTP. Both were in my opinion the greatest WWE games of all time. They captured the WWE atmosphere like no game before or after, and they were developed during a period where the roster was full of legends and future stars. I think No Mercy was technically superior and played more like a real wrestling match, but once Smackdown added the full scale arenas, realistic character models, weapon interaction, and all those unique wrestler-specific animations, nothing could touch it.

Favorite spin off is All-stars. I started watching wrestling in late 1990 and still follow it today, so the mix of legends and current stars was a dream come true for me. Oh, and the gameplay is actually fun, deeper than I expected, and the moves look and feel painful. The graphics are great too, if a little ridiculous. I was one of the few who hoped a developer would take the TNA Impact engine, fix it, and do something good with it. THQ San Diego did exactly that. Kudos.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap working Nintendo Sixty-Four and a good copy of WWF No Mercy because evidently I need to check it out...

If online doesn't have it try your local mom and pop store, you know the ones that carry electronics and used video games. Chances are they'll have the old systems and a lot of old games for cheap.

WWE SD vs RAW 2010 is pretty much my fav lots of stuff in here that got ditched in the other two.

Did they really need to take away the mounting punches option. This game is perfect a great CC and if I need to put themes on ill just use Brienj's program. No annoying breakup of team and perfect RTWM and was a all round better game because their was No WWE Universe!

What I hate about 2011 mainly is that fans are ruining the servers while the 12 ones are sucky.

WWE SD vs RAW 2010 is pretty much my fav lots of stuff in here that got ditched in the other two.

Did they really need to take away the mounting punches option. This game is perfect a great CC and if I need to put themes on ill just use Brienj's program. No annoying breakup of team and perfect RTWM and was a all round better game because their was No WWE Universe!

What I hate about 2011 mainly is that fans are ruining the servers while the 12 ones are sucky.

How are fans ruining the servers?

I've played a lot of Wrestle games, WWF No Mercy isn't one of them unfortunately never had a N64. Other then that the only games I haven't played would be the RAW games for the Original Xbox and DOR/DOR2 for the gamecube, I've played enough to experience the good, the horrid and the shouldn't have been made.

As to Iamthedoctor, they took out the mounted punching option because it has been cheap since Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 when it was put into the games. They got rid of the Ultimate control moves thankfully, Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 was fun to play. But I enjoyed WWE12 better, mainly because of WWE Universe.

I've played a lot of Wrestle games, WWF No Mercy isn't one of them unfortunately never had a N64. Other then that the only games I haven't played would be the RAW games for the Original Xbox and DOR/DOR2 for the gamecube, I've played enough to experience the good, the horrid and the shouldn't have been made.

As to Iamthedoctor, they took out the mounted punching option because it has been cheap since Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 when it was put into the games. They got rid of the Ultimate control moves thankfully, Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 was fun to play. But I enjoyed WWE12 better, mainly because of WWE Universe.

Pick up a 64 man you'll have a blast with no mercy. Me personally some of the best games where the Wrestlemania/DOR games for the GameCube. If you gotta wii get some of those games definitely.

Other then that the only games I haven't played would be DOR/DOR2 for the gamecube.

Yeah, you truely are full of bs. You recently made a thread where you said "Would you agree that breaking up moves ruined WWE 12 just like it ruined DOR" yet, now you say you never played them. Why did you have to come back...

Obviously I've seen what it is like to play it, a damn suplex knocked over everyone around you. It was horrid, doesn't mean I've ever played it.

In any case....man I feel bad for you having never had a N64 to play those games. That system pioneered the new generation of 3d wrestling games (if you don't count WCW vs the World on the PS1, but it was basically the same engine). The fun in those games was that it was kind of the first time we had wrestling games that felt like wrestling rather than just fighting games. No Mercy specifically had a great set up. It was the first time we could play a ladder match, and they improved the look of the cage match as well. The championship mode was good in that you didn't necessarily have to win to move on to the next part. I remember trying to get all the story branches revealed by creating a different outcome for the matches. The way things were unlocked though came in the form of making money and buying them...which I think that's not your ideal situation. Occasionally you'll unlock someone via the championship mode, but mostly you have to buy them. You can also edit every superstar's attires. I guess they only thing holding that game back is just the graphics...which...not a whole lot you can do about that. There is one thing in that game that is characteristic of how THQ handles things these days. They removed the ring part of the entrances. The wrestler could taunt on the stage and that was it. The game before it, Wrestlmania 2000, had the full entrances. I don't remember why they cut the entrances down.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed LoWM?

That's my favorite spin off title, simply because of the gameplay and roster. It was so easy to play.

Exactly how I felt about it. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I only ever see people bashing it

Yeah everyone hates it. I think, since I traded my old copy like 2 years ago, I may go see if Gamestop has it,

• 2 weeks later...

Other then that the only games I haven't played would be DOR/DOR2 for the gamecube.

Yeah, you truely are full of bs. You recently made a thread where you said "Would you agree that breaking up moves ruined WWE 12 just like it ruined DOR" yet, now you say you never played them. Why did you have to come back...

Caught him red handed.All he does is troll other opinion and then double talks.You will find that in many of his threads he goes against his own words.

The game I played the most was HCTP and No mercy.I logged more hours in those games than any other wrestling game made.

HCTP is such a overratted game its not that good I mean they dont even have proper entrances. Tried revisiting it and found it dull.

The N64 games were far more enjoyable.

Cool story bro. I think the topic said something like "which WWE ganes do you find yourself revisiting".It's nice of you to throw your opinion about HCTP but then again it just your opinion.Also besides being so general can you explain which game you like in the N64 era.

Archived