Would Nexus Had Succeeded if..

Goomba815

I'm sure a lot of you have already discussed this, or thought about it. Do you think Nexus wouldn't have flopped if Daniel Bryan hadn't got released? I believe their run would have been a lot better. I mean, looking back to that first night, I really thought Nexus was going to be a huge revolutionary faction, but it was only because of Daniel Bryan choking out Justin Roberts, and after that, kicking John Cena's head in. He really was the heart of Nexus. Thoughts?

Promos would've been better considering Bryan was doing worked shoots at the time, but I don't think much would've been different. Young probably would've still been kicked out eventually, Skip & Tarver would've still gotten injured too, which I believe really lead to the downfall of Nexus.

Gotta say no.

The reason Nexus failed was all at the hands of creative. When they first started they were a big dominant team destroying arenas, random superstars. Then out of the blue they booked it so every member was taken out by Cena, and then later by Orton. That was what brought them down. no one could really take them seriously any more after that.

IMO, Nexus would have succeeded if they had left Wade Barrett in charge instead of making CM Punk the leader, Punk is better off as a singles competitor, and yes I know he was leader of the Straight-Edge Society, but I didn't care for that group.

As for the question asked, yeah having Daniel Bryan as part of The Nexus, would have helped them out a lot.

You think Cena wouldn't have taken them all out if Bryan was in the group?

Well, creative didn't plan on releasing Bryan. Maybe they had different plans in mind but had to take a different direction due to the circumstances, thus leading to the downfall of Nexus.

Well, creative didn't plan on releasing Bryan. Maybe they had different plans in mind but had to take a different direction due to the circumstances, thus leading to the downfall of Nexus.

I highly doubt WWE would change their plans just because Bryan got released.

As many have said it was their match with Team WWE at SummerSlam that lead to the downfall of The Nexus. They were looked at as the most feared group in WWE at that time and rightfully so but after they lost at SummerSlam people were getting injured and removed from the group. It wasn't until Harris and McGillicutty joined that the group became irrelevant though.

No way their would have been different. If anything, the quality of matches may have been slightly better.

Gotta say no.

The reason Nexus failed was all at the hands of creative. When they first started they were a big dominant team destroying arenas, random superstars. Then out of the blue they booked it so every member was taken out by Cena, and then later by Orton. That was what brought them down. no one could really take them seriously any more after that.

this. plus i think they had alot of potential with the angle but i truly believe the PG thing would have limited some of the things they COULD have done. i thought an intersing way they could have went was all the second and third generation superstars should have banded together and started a war with Nexus in the sense of a "We're not letting you guys destroy what our fathers and grandfathers built fo us. You want a war?, you got a war!" type of angle. btw anyone know why Nexus helped Kane bury Undertaker? or is a typical WWE *gets broom, lifts rug, sweep sweep* thing?!

Gotta say no.

this. plus i think they had alot of potential with the angle but i truly believe the PG thing would have limited some of the things they COULD have done. i thought an intersing way they could have went was all the second and third generation superstars should have banded together and started a war with Nexus in the sense of a "We're not letting you guys destroy what our fathers and grandfathers built fo us. You want a war?, you got a war!" type of angle. btw anyone know why Nexus helped Kane bury Undertaker? or is a typical WWE *gets broom, lifts rug, sweep sweep* thing?!

It's all part of the bigger picture...

It would have probably panned out differently but in the end they would still have split up no matter what due to Cena dominating them all with his Incredible Hulk like "dont make angry you wouldnt like me if i'm angry because i'll job you all out" gimmick.

As for yout hinking Bryan being the heart of the group i dont think so Nexus was so obviously set up to get Wade Barratt over & maybe produce a few superstar for the midcard roster which being honest it did in a way but just to quickly meaning there was no substance to any of their character once Nexus was over which was the worst thing about the finish of the original group.

it wasnt all creative fault they lost all there guy that look dominat skip tarver bryan and slater and ortunga were still to green leave only wade amd justin to put on the decent fued and matchs

Slater being green = Bullshit. Injuries definitely played a part in the Nexus' losing steam, but creative was just as much to blame due to their innate ability to *censored* up, even if it starts out superbly.

it wasnt all creative fault they lost all there guy that look dominat skip tarver bryan and slater and ortunga were still to green leave only wade amd justin to put on the decent fued and matchs

Slater being green = Bullshit. Injuries definitely played a part in the Nexus' losing steam, but creative was just as much to blame due to their innate ability to *censored* up, even if it starts out superbly.

Slater was green at first but he came on his own when they split.

His work in FCW was crisp and ready for the main roster. While it's understandable that he would be involved in the gang-style beatdowns that the Nexus became known for, had he been given more time to wrestle as a singles guy while in the Nexus, the fans would've seen that he wasn't green.

His work in FCW was crisp and ready for the main roster. While it's understandable that he would be involved in the gang-style beatdowns that the Nexus became known for, had he been given more time to wrestle as a singles guy while in the Nexus, the fans would've seen that he wasn't green.

Agreed. He was definitely better than Tarver and Sheffield.

???

Bryan wasn't anything close to green. By that point he'd been wrestling over ten years. Green? Skip was wrestling for about 6 years at the time and slater was and still is a solid wrestler.

BTW is English your first language?

Archived