Tips for THQ On Backstage Brawls

SuicidalKissesProduction™

Tips for THQ about Backstage Brawls: Besides the basics such as we want a Smackdown: Just Bring It Style Free Roam Brawl & Nothing like the over the top boring Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain Brawls. But for the last two years, there has been a couple constant problems with the backstage brawls. So, THQ I'm giving you some General Tips....

1. We don't like Limits in our Free Brawls, we don't see Limits in actual WWE Programming so we shouldn't see limits on the WWE Video Games. Stop selecting which grappling/Attacks we do where & How.
  2. Stop putting them as K.O Only, it isn't exactly hard to hit five moves and then K.O your opponent by slamming them on an object (With the same Damn Commentary over & Over again!) We want to be able to end the match as we see fit, we want to be able to Pin & Submit our opponents. That's what made the Backstage Brawls worth while to begin with...
  3. Look back at Smackdown Vs Raw 2006, you know what that game had? Variety of different grapples/attacks & Moves you could do to the objects in the backstage Brawls, sure only one Backstage Brawl has a K.O Moment. But that made sense because only one of the backstage brawls actually had the ability for a K.O moment, unlike the Smackdown Vs Raw Crap Bar Brawl with the Random Hulk Hogan Statue K.O Ending.
  4. If your going to have K.O endings for the match make them believable, We shouldn't see Superstars shoving someone off a thirty foot firetruck ladder. We shouldn't see someone have a giant Golden Hulk Hogan Statue fall on them, we should see someone get into one of the cars in the parking lot brawl and drive it into the limo that the other superstar is in.

It's not hard to make Backstage Brawls work, why haven't you figured that out?

Noted: For those who wish to take the time, The Link in my Signature is for Smackdown: Just Bring It Type Free Roam in WWE13.

Also, Am I the only one that found the Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 Bar Brawl better then the Crap we got in Smackdown Vs Raw 2007?

I'll be honest with you, I actually quite liked the unrealistic backstage brawls. I mean, come on; who didn't love doing a Frog Splash to their opponent off a building onto hard concrete? Was an amazing feature.

Agreed, and the people who don't like doing unrealistic spots can simply not do them.

My Problem wasn't that Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain was Unrealistic. It was the lack of Actual Hot Spots & Things to do other then the Unrealistic garbage... At least with Smackdown! Just Bring It's Free Roam Brawl it was realistic & Still had a purpose.

ummm......what?

I think you should play the game again.

I'll be honest with you, I actually quite liked the unrealistic backstage brawls. I mean, come on; who didn't love doing a Frog Splash to their opponent off a building onto hard concrete? Was an amazing feature.

Agreed, and the people who don't like doing unrealistic spots can simply not do them.

Agreed by the way Love your sig, If only that match could happen :shifty:

I liked the unrealistic stuff too.

It wouldn't kill me if they got rid of the 3 story drop, helicopter, and exploding limos.. but it isn't exactly hard to avoid those things.

I'd just like the Backstage Brawl setup of No Mercy/HCTP and the elimination of the invisible walls around the Ring and around the HIAC that prevent us from doing Exploder Suplexes and Gutbusters and etc. etc. to the outside.

I used to love putting a table in the ring (against the ropes) and a table outside the ring. Put opponent on table in ring. Climb table. Pick opponent up. Proceed to Rock Bottom opponent over the ropes, out of the ring, and through the table on the outside.

Sheamus' Razor's Edge would look even better. Especially if they brought back 2011 physics instead of wonky WWE'12 physics.

Agreed. The Backstage Brawls from SvR 2007 were quite good because of features such as this, the only problem is that they ended to quickly. Maybe bring these back but give us an option to win by either K.O or pinfall.

I played the backstage brawls of HCTP, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Out of all of them, HCTP was comical which is what made it great. 2006 was the perfect combination of realistic and unrealistic to me, plus it was loads of fun. If I wanted to use that game to continue a story in my new-gen stories (if the people I'm using are there obviously), I'd use that. Sadly we couldn't use women for this so this doesn't get a nod.

I hated 2007 and its gameplay mechanics, enough said. 2008, I can't remember. 2009 was okay though limited. 2010 is my all-time favorite. If I also wanted to continue a story in 2011 or 2012, I used the backstage brawls here. It took several finishers to get your point across and you could use the highlight reel to record an even better angle of the carnage. 2011 is a step in the wrong direction and the only reason I'd touch 2012 is to get the trophies for them out of the way.

Out of all of them, HCTP was my favorite of the PS2 era. 2010 is my favorite of the PS3 era. Combine those and I'd be happy. Unfortunately, a bunch of whiners over nothing are one of the reasons why they're gone. So what if diving off of a 18-wheeler or riding a motorcycle whilst dragging your opponent around or if the body bounces like a rubber ball after throwing off the stage is not realistic? You don't like it, don't play it.

Archived