The Walking Dead: The Video Game

Alex.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are here why then? And it's not based off the series. It seems like you just saw the name an dropped the comment.

I'm hoping there are Easter eggs in this such as walking by a lawyer office and seeing Michonne's picture or something. That'd be cool

if walkers are there it seems like from this there actually scratching the window walkers then suddenly cutscene, zombie breaks through someone dies, walker dies then back to game

there just milking a successful franchise name

days before seeing a video and im absolutely right, cutscene galore

I know im not getting this as its do a few things, cutscene, do some more, cutscene and everything he does is stupid, oh no I dropped X item oh no i've dropped another item, oh i've fell over, oh i've fell over again and i've fell over 5 odd times before the end, its like watching a B teen horror film mixed with those crappy CSI games, its supposed to be tense but it just comes off crappy

"Hey are you dead" to a zombie without a head, that right there is this game!

Those aren't cutscenes. It's just a different type of game. The only part that has interactive cutscenes are the struggle scenes for the zombie encounters. The rest is clearly a lot of exploring and puzzle solving. If you don't like it, then don't play it. It's like a point and click adventure game. I think it looks awesome. Probably the best way they could do a Walking Dead game.

By your logic, God of War must suck, because it does the same stuff with the action.

I have no idea what you're on about.

Of course you don't because your one of the few that are defending this game*

*interactive cutscene

I don't know what you're on about because you're terrible at punctuation and it's hard to understand.

In that gameplay scene there are two cutscenes I think. One at the beginning and one when you find the girl.

Comparing this to GOW is like comparing dog shit to diamonds, compare this to those CSI games and yeah it looks good but thats saying something

Two cutscenes? opening cutscene, leaving the car, police zombie jump, theres three right there and thats the first few minutes so please watch the video over and look up what a cutscene is, good lord a mod in a gaming section doesn't know what a cutscene is, god have mercy on us!

and punctuation makes you not understand, *censored* me I mean REALLY!!!!!!!!

A cutscene is something that bridges the action between gameplay moments. If there is gameplay in said "cutscenes", then they are simply not cutscenes...they are sections of gameplay with cinematic elements. Performing a series of button prompts may not appeal to you, but it's still a form of gameplay...it isn't a cutscene.

A cutscene is something that bridges the action between gameplay moments. If there is gameplay in said "cutscenes", then they are simply not cutscenes...they are sections of gameplay with cinematic elements. Performing a series of button prompts may not appeal to you, but it's still a form of gameplay...it isn't a cutscene.

A cutscene (sometimes in-game cinematic or in-game movie) is a sequence in a video game over which the player has no or only limited control (TWD case Struggle or button prompts) , breaking up the gameplay (TWD case not controlling the character) and used to advance the plot, strengthen the main character's development, introduces enemy characters, and provide background information, atmosphere, dialogue, (TWD case everything else) and clues.

You are here why then? And it's not based off the series. It seems like you just saw the name an dropped the comment.

I'm hoping there are Easter eggs in this such as walking by a lawyer office and seeing Michonne's picture or something. That'd be cool

Oh, I'm sorry. It's your thread and I shouldn't have an opinion. I shouldn't have invaded, sir. Please, go on.

If your saying its not a cutscene and I am, its a debate, theres a small franchise called mass effect, maybe you've heard off it but it has cutscenes which give you options mostly speaking and there is quite a few, nobody was saying there not cutscenes because they are, struggle/speech/button mash whatever during a part were you are not in control is a cutscene, ME does it well and im not saying this doesn't as I like interactive cutscenes but its got way to many and with piled on the point and click aspect just drops this down

Trolling a mod? how can I be trolling a mod, I don't troll, seriously WTF hes a mod in the gaming section yet he doesn't know what a cutscene is, thats not trolling if its a fact and he's not letting people have there opinion ie Chakan's post and on top of that hes saying he doesn't understand what im saying because of punctuation yes because that makes sense, I know your king of the mods and I respect the mods but seriously this is blatant mod protection

Chakan commented on the show, not the game. I wouldn't mind if he said something like "The show got stale for me and this game doesnt look any different." which would imply he actually looked at the game.

If the game is loosely based on the comics and the TV series is somewhat tweeked by mainly based on the comics then why would his opinion of where this games storyline, characters and settings change but you came out with "You are here why then?" he expressed his opinion on the story of the series, I could go around and around again but I shan't on a free forum telling him why he posted here just because you enjoy everything on TWD yet someone says anything negative you have a go at them, its a place were everyone's opinions aren't right or wrong and just because he didn't like the series doesn't mean he can't post about not liking the series which will obviously tie in with this (characters, settings etcetera)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this. I'm a big fan of the TV series as well as the comic books so it always had my attention. I'm not sure about the "point and click" type gameplay, but then again I wasn't sure with Heavy Rain's gameplay style either. Good thing about this game is that it's bought it episodes so at least if I dislike the first episode I can skip the rest and I wouldn't have wasted money on an entire game.

I like the style. I think it fits the progression style of the series. You know damn well that every second you aren't rapidly shooting zombies and you need to explore, however there are certain parts that must be done right. For example, if a hord is after you and it's an epic showdown, you damn well need the gameplay of a FPS at that point. I'll buy the first TWO episodes if I can, and then judge further.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW INFO-

this game will launch with a free "platform" similar to Family Game Night and Pinball FX 2 where you will download the individual episodes, each of which will have a new set of achievements added to this list. Each episode will be 400MSP, and they are expected to release monthly. The episode titles are as follows:

Episode 1 – A New Day

Episode 2 – Starved for Help

Episode 3 – Long Road Ahead

Episode 4 – Around Every Corner

Episode 5 – No Time Left

source: http://www.xbox360ac...lking-Dead.html

according to Major Nelson's twitter he stated that Episode 1 is coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade this Friday for 400 points.

It's already out on PSN, and IGN has posted a full walkthrough of Episode 1...Your playthrough however may be very different depending on the major decisions you make in the game. It's kinda like Mass Effect.

Archived