Cena's Rap VS Rock's Rock....

Ryan Awsome

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which was better?

• Cena Rap
    • Rock's Rock

Rock got a flawless victory here.

Rock was more entertaining, more unique, put on a better show and had the audience eating out of his hands. The We Will Rock you thing felt kind of tacked on and he stumbled through a bit of it, but the crowd ate that up anyways too. The Rock showed he had the confidence to take a risk here. Cena basically just did his old heel routine from back in the day. It was great for nostalgia I guess, and hopefully is hinting at a much needed heel turn for Cena. But the Rock's performance just felt more fresh, even if he did use a lot of the same jokes and stuff... it just felt like more of a memorable moment. Something that belongs on next year's Best of RAW DVD compilation, where as Cena's thing was kinda forgettable.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's Option 3? Both were entertaining.

I liked them both.

the question is not which one you liked, but which one you liked MORE THAN THE OTHER.

anyway. Rock's rock obviously. Cena basically came in for 2 minutes which was quite cheap by his side.

Needless to say, I was a john cena fan for those 2 minutes! I LOVED what happened! However, it was too short, and somewhat stale..too PG so to speak. He basically talked in a lyrical motion for the first minute. Thats what killed it imo. No fun, no nothing... After he just added a few insults so it seems tough, but then again they were quite onbased. I mean he basically called Rock names based on nothing. Whenever Rock comes up with an insult, it has meaning... fruity pebble because of cena's shirt, kung pow bitch because of the way he is forced down our throats, etc. and Rock always seems to make it fun to listen to him insult someone. Cena just sounds like a kid who doesnt have his way and just throws insults at people. Thats the difference between their smacktalk.

All in all, Cena's rap was refreshing, and the word life gimmick was AMAZING to see again. I hope he keeps that!

But Rock easily stole the show. His concert was, what? 20 minutes? it was so entertaining, and just awesome! vintage rock!

Both were fun. Cena's was short and sweet, but packed a nice punch that was boosted even further thanks to nostalgia from his Dr. of Thuganomics gimmick returning. However, I picked The Rock since he had the crowd in from start to finish, had funny shit to say throughout the concert and capped it off with a song that not only fit very well, but is one of the greatest rallying songs in the history of ever.

100% this.

I think Cena was rushed on time, which is kinda bullshit because he gets 2 minutes where as Rock gets 20? Of course Rock was gonna win. I think Cena would've done a lot better if he had the same time limit. Just sayin.

I think Cena was rushed on time, which is kinda bullshit because he gets 2 minutes where as Rock gets 20? Of course Rock was gonna win. I think Cena would've done a lot better if he had the same time limit. Just sayin.

A 20 minute rap? Rock got 20 minutes because WWE crave ratings, mostly, but also because a Concert can be done for however long. Rap you generally don't hear go on for about 20 minutes. That'd be about 17 minutes too long.

Yeah, add Option No. 3.

I freaking marked out when I heard "Basic Thugonomics", saw the old Trons and my favorite John Cena, uhm, persona. It was a bit too short, though maybe it was just me.

The Rock Concert was really hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing. Always loved his concerts.

I can't really decide as I loved both. Also, after Cena's shoots Rocky had started to strike back and deliver since last week and now they're equal (IMO). I'd say Cena's rap, just because it was so awesome to see the Doctor of Thugonomics back; wished he'd remained the rapper.

Although I think they should've battled one-on-one; you know, with Cena dissing Rocky from the ramp and Rock making fun of him in the ring with his guitar.

Cena's was better I'd say. It was great to see him back as The Doctor Of Thuganomics, even if only for one night.

For him it was newer material in comparison to what The Rock has been throwing around for the last month or so. Rock's stuff was good, but Cena's was fresher for me.

I'm honestly amazed that Cena has as many votes as he does. He was out there for a few minutes, and did a mediocre rap at best. Rock gave us pure gold. Just when I thought he was finished, he would keep pulling another verse out of nowhere.

Exactly that was probably what made it so annoying to me.

Cena.

Liked both but Cena was more of a shocker and the concert had some low's. Felt like it was to strechted, should have stopped a bit earlier and I was highly annoyed by the repetetive cheap Cleveland stuff. Also the karaoke part was really really really bad.

this.

I'm honestly amazed that Cena has as many votes as he does. He was out there for a few minutes, and did a mediocre rap at best. Rock gave us pure gold. Just when I thought he was finished, he would keep pulling another verse out of nowhere.

Exactly that was probably what made it so annoying to me.

Yeah...but the lyrics were entertaining. In fact, I would say the lyrics got progressively funnier each time.

Rock got a flawless victory here.

Rock was more entertaining, more unique, put on a better show and had the audience eating out of his hands. The We Will Rock you thing felt kind of tacked on and he stumbled through a bit of it, but the crowd ate that up anyways too. The Rock showed he had the confidence to take a risk here. Cena basically just did his old heel routine from back in the day. It was great for nostalgia I guess, and hopefully is hinting at a much needed heel turn for Cena. But the Rock's performance just felt more fresh, even if he did use a lot of the same jokes and stuff... it just felt like more of a memorable moment. Something that belongs on next year's Best of RAW DVD compilation, where as Cena's thing was kinda forgettable.

Did you say that Cena's was bad because it was done before?

I think Rock won only because he got twenty minutes while Cena got two. But I think Cena is still winning because hes more serious about the match while Rocky is goofing around. But they both did amazing last night.

I think Rock won only because he got twenty minutes while Cena got two. But I think Cena is still winning because hes more serious about the match while Rocky is goofing around. But they both did amazing last night.

Well Rock was being serious last week during their promo while cena was no selling with the biggest smile on his face.

A 20 minute rap? Rock got 20 minutes because WWE crave ratings, mostly, but also because a Concert can be done for however long. Rap you generally don't hear go on for about 20 minutes. That'd be about 17 minutes too long.

I should've worded that better. A 20 minute rap would be terrible. They should've given them both equal time instead. They could have easily done a 10 minute "concert" of each. Like with Cena & Jericho back in like 05 or 06. I can't remember, except actually have them both perform. ha.

Well Rock was being serious last week during their promo while cena was no selling with the biggest smile on his face.

I know, it's funny isn't it? This comment isn't directed towards 7:16, but I don't understand what people want from him.

The Rock isn't here 'He obviously doesn't care about the WWE. He's a movie star now.' The Rock comes back 'He's obviously here promote his movies, and himself. He doesn't care about the WWE.' The Rock cuts a serious promo 'He isn't like he used to be. I wish he would be more like himself in 2002. He used to be funny and entertaining back then.' The Rock cuts a funny promo 'He uses too many catchphrases. Unlike The Rock, at least Cena has decided to take a serious route throughout this feud.'

Hes damned if he does, he's damned if he doesn't.

I know, it's funny isn't it? This comment isn't directed towards 7:16, but I don't understand what people want from him.

The Rock isn't here 'He obviously doesn't care about the WWE. He's a movie star now.' The Rock comes back 'He's obviously here promote his movies, and himself. He doesn't care about the WWE.' The Rock cuts a serious promo 'He isn't like he used to be. I wish he would be more like himself in 2002. He used to be funny and entertaining back then.' The Rock cuts a funny promo 'He uses too many catchphrases. Unlike The Rock, at least Cena has decided to take a serious route throughout this feud.'

Hes damned if he does, he's damned if he doesn't.

great post

lol so many idiots believing the rap was better. The only reason why you think it was better is nostalgia. you marked out, just as I did, at the thuganomics tron

I seriously want to punch everyone in the face who calls people names jsut 'cause they don't have the same opinion.

Archived