Cena's Rap VS Rock's Rock....

Ryan Awsome

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which was better?

• Cena Rap
    • Rock's Rock

After watching last nights Monday Night Raw (which i believe was quite good) ive decided to make this poll, if you havent watched Raw yet then SPOILER!!!! alert.

It was good to see old school John Cena back because that was the Cena i grew up watching, my mate even had the spinny thing he had around his neck. However compared to the Rock's Rock i was laughing so much i nearly died of a coughing fit.

which promos do you think was better?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Cena's quite a bit. I said it in another topic and I'll say it again, Cena went out there hated by the fans and left loved, that's a testament to his ability to sway the WWE fans. Not to mention he wrote it himself, which gives him bonus points IMO.

Rocky's however, I also liked but the repetitiveness, just playing one chord the whole time and that god awful, horribly butchered singalong at the end killed it all. I wonder who actually wrote it for him.

I thought that the whole idea was ridiculous. I mean, we've had 2 - 3 weeks where Cena has delivered these heartfelt "I need to win to prove I'm the guy" promos which have made people really root for him. It's had him gain favouritism from the guys in the back, and given him such a strong bar to raise. And how does he continue? He completely tarnishes it by dropping himself to a load of rock-esque insults around. That's not his philosophy in this rivalry. I'm all for thuganomics Cena, but I think it was the wrong element from the gimmick, at the wrong time.

Now Rock. For someone who is constantly being commended for how fantastic he is on the mix, I would have expected him to actually make up a song, rather than re-word two classics and get cheap pops by adding "cleveland rocks" to it. "Cena's mum", "teletubby" "kung pow bitch" blah blah. He criticises Cena for pandering to children, then throws out a bunch of ridiculous juvenile insults at him. It was the same Rock stuff, but for 20 minutes straight. It was complete overkill. Complete unoriginal overkill.

So I'm voting for imaginary option D. They were both awful wastes of time. Whilst entertaining to some, it was completely useless.

Cena.

Liked both but Cena was more of a shocker and the concert had some low's. Felt like it was to strechted, should have stopped a bit earlier and I was highly annoyed by the repetetive cheap Cleveland stuff. Also the karaoke part was really really really bad.

Both were fun. Cena's was short and sweet, but packed a nice punch that was boosted even further thanks to nostalgia from his Dr. of Thuganomics gimmick returning. However, I picked The Rock since he had the crowd in from start to finish, had funny shit to say throughout the concert and capped it off with a song that not only fit very well, but is one of the greatest rallying songs in the history of ever.

I felt like the whole Queen thing would have been a little more exciting if the Rock was actually reading the words right and I could understand him. It seemed like he was off que and trying to catch up with the song.

So, just for that, I voted Cena. I felt like I was watching a 2003 episode again.

I thought if that was one per week i would pick Cena. Tonight Cena had only 4 minutes to rap when Rock had 15 to play with cheap jokes. Yeah way to go with Mom's jokes. For now Rock is doing it like a big joke. He was talking like real Rock only on his return night. Then he started doing stupid twtter and fruitty pebbles/chicken stuff.

I voted for Cena since it was short and 'sweet'. Besides I think Rocky's concert should have stayed where it belonged which is back in 2003. That was great , this one was shameful to say the least. The only joke I really chuckled at was the mother joke but aside from that I sat there wondering when it was going to end. Still a Rocky fan though. :)

Even though i am all the way with John Cena to win, Rock had Cena Last not..I hate that he had longer time then John Cena though..I marked out for Thuganomics Cena so bad...But then the Rock actually acted like the Rock for once since his first return. I would have loved if he came out to the "Is cooking..." hollywood rock Theme he had as a heel and talked bad about people in Cleveland but since i think he is leaving after this i doubt WWE would do that. Anyway i can even admit Rock beat Cena. He had me laughing

And a low blow on the Wife/Eve thing. I didn't expect that at all.

Thought it was a stupid idea from the get go, considering the serious tone of this feud, secondly I'm not a huge fan of comedy music. Cena did his normal thing and The Rock's lines were fairly predictable. I think they both did a better job then expected though, but I wasn't too fond of the whole idea. The last karaoke part was horrible, didn't vote for anyone though.

I was liking cena until he said something about his nuts in rock's mouth, How is that supposed to be a diss, You're just a homo for saying that. I loved The Rock concert, it was entertaining, funny, and straight to the point. He didn't have to stall and he went longer than i expected. Great Crowd last night btw.

Archived