Does anybody every think about..

»highlight

What's next?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Cena will..

• Challenge the winner of the WWE Championship match.
    • Turn heel.
    • Get drafted to Smackdown.
    • Continue feuding with Rock.
    • Take a break.

I personally hope he turns heel. Change up of character and possibly appearance. However, this is WWE and he will most likely go back to feuding with all the regulars AGAIN and have more WWE Title reigns under his belt. If it is the 2nd choice then all this hype around Wrestlemania meant absolutely nothing. The Rock should win....

WWE has had a ton of staying power. And I've been following it for a long time and I've researched a lot of wrestling from before my time as well. But I honestly feel that if the WWE doesn't capitalize on turning Cena heel soon, they can expect a downturn a few years from now. It's not that the WWE will instantly fall off if they don't turn Cena heel right now.

It's not that at all. Rather, the problem is that I can't imagine the WWE 5 years from now with Cena still doing the same shit. All his young fans will be grown. And there is no way that Cena in 2011 brought more young fans to the WWE than he did back in like 2008. New stuff always draws more buzz. And no matter how many indy legends they push to their main event to satisfy older fans, Cena will really become a plague to the company at some point. The Rock's whole kayfabe promo angle has been that he's saying that time is now. The reality though is that that time is Not quite yet. But can anyone imagine another 5 years or so of the same old shit with Cena? This isn't the 1980's... there won't ever be another Hogan. The age of the internet and the fickle youth will prevent that from ever working again. The WWE could try and turn Cena heel whenever... HOWEVER they may NEVER get another golden opportunity like this again. Before the Rock came back into the picture, I said that as much I'd never like to see the Taker's streak end, that if John ended that streak, it would be a great way for him to believably turn full on heel. I said this years ago. But now, there is a better opportunity here with Rocky. If the WWE doesn't use it, they eventually will lose it. And again they will regret not turning Cena heel when the iron was hot. I mean it's not like the company is going to go belly up, but it may stagnate in low ratings and be a down period for them i the future if they don't take advantage of this.

Cena will be elevated even further but he can in no way take time off. WWE calls Triple H vs Taker a end of an era which if true is complete bullshit Cena,Taker, Triple H are the last stars on the level required to elevate the future the stars the ratings have fallen and are failing for two main reasons one Cena and Orton for two years have buried talent that at the hot spot of their cariers could have been elevated too the level required to be called a draw examples Miz was elevated the proper way given a mid card title run and was a success had a great fued with Cena and then cultimating in drawing the biggest quater hour of RAW in 2011 gaining 1 million viewers for his solo promo outlclassing Cena and Rock but then at Mania Cena slacked during the match and the ending of the match drained everything that was suppose to be Miz's moment, Christian another example a face any WWE fans knows his best friend and one WWE biggest draws in the last 10 years retires and in Christian first WWE world title match he passes the torch too him the fans show true emotional connection to the victory the seed was planted for Christian and we all know if WWE let him run the ball with the world title he would have been a success but of course mr 1.0 ratings Orton was used to bury everything Edge and Christian worked for and even all the work Del Rio had put into to getting Christian sympaty and finally Kofi Kingston STUPID STUPID STUPID. People have lost intrest because the top stars are not interacting with the younger talent, and the way to get people intrested in the new talent is actually having them interact with the stars of teady and alowing them to go over you need a mix of a good story and great talent to create a great feud and to not waste all the work with one stupid decision I would kill to see Triple H or Taker feud with the likes of Ziggler, Rhodes or Miz considering that Triple H and Taker are the only ones left now because of the killer blows to WWE the last two years with HBK retiring, Batista quiting and Edge injury. Also just to add CM Punk too truly be elevated needed to face Triple H at Mania the only hope that Punk and Johnny Ace can put on a great feud in 2012.

WWE has had a ton of staying power. And I've been following it for a long time and I've researched a lot of wrestling from before my time as well. But I honestly feel that if the WWE doesn't capitalize on turning Cena heel soon, they can expect a downturn a few years from now. It's not that the WWE will instantly fall off if they don't turn Cena heel right now.

It's not that at all. Rather, the problem is that I can't imagine the WWE 5 years from now with Cena still doing the same shit. All his young fans will be grown. And there is no way that Cena in 2011 brought more young fans to the WWE than he did back in like 2008. New stuff always draws more buzz. And no matter how many indy legends they push to their main event to satisfy older fans, Cena will really become a plague to the company at some point. The Rock's whole kayfabe promo angle has been that he's saying that time is now. The reality though is that that time is Not quite yet. But can anyone imagine another 5 years or so of the same old shit with Cena? This isn't the 1980's... there won't ever be another Hogan. The age of the internet and the fickle youth will prevent that from ever working again. The WWE could try and turn Cena heel whenever... HOWEVER they may NEVER get another golden opportunity like this again. Before the Rock came back into the picture, I said that as much I'd never like to see the Taker's streak end, that if John ended that streak, it would be a great way for him to believably turn full on heel. I said this years ago. But now, there is a better opportunity here with Rocky. If the WWE doesn't use it, they eventually will lose it. And again they will regret not turning Cena heel when the iron was hot. I mean it's not like the company is going to go belly up, but it may stagnate in low ratings and be a down period for them i the future if they don't take advantage of this.

I don't think that's the problem. Once those kids are at the point of being sick of a superhero gimmick, there will be new 8 year-old fans introduced to the company. Remember, the older demographic is irrelevant so these kids today are insignificant years from now. Older fans die, and we welcome once-Cena marks into the anti-family. They've found a formula that works to make the kid's pants happy, and this power ranger format is probably here to stay because parents seemingly run the *censored*ing company.

Yeah, I'm blaming Saban for *censored*ing over a good Power Rangers series. WWE can't be a substitution for that.

Voted for him to go to SmackDown. He isn't trumping the merchandise sales at number one anymore and if he must, he can still make appearances every now and then on the Raw supershows. It'd be fresh and can open up a bunch of matchups I've been wanting to see, especially Bryan vs Cena. Isn't SmackDown in need of a face too? A more edgier Cena going back to his starting place should make for some good TV as well.

Yeah he is.

Yeah, he still is. For female and children though, I believe Punk is #1 with adult males in merch sales.

For me, I personally believe you just need to look back 10 years to Rock and Hogan.

Sadly (to my dismay) I think Cena will win. As a passing of the torch so to speak.. To two will hake hands and such in the ring, and then Cena will to back to doing his boring old thing.

For me, I personally believe you just need to look back 10 years to Rock and Hogan.

Sadly (to my dismay) I think Cena will win. As a passing of the torch so to speak.. To two will hake hands and such in the ring, and then Cena will to back to doing his boring old thing.

I'm thinking something like that as well, just like when The Rock defeated Hogan so Hogan could "pass the torch", Cena will do the same by defeating The Rock.

I don't think that's the problem. Once those kids are at the point of being sick of a superhero gimmick, there will be new 8 year-old fans introduced to the company. Remember, the older demographic is irrelevant so these kids today are insignificant years from now. Older fans die, and we welcome once-Cena marks into the anti-family. They've found a formula that works to make the kid's pants happy, and this power ranger format is probably here to stay because parents seemingly run the *censored*ing company.

Yeah, I'm blaming Saban for *censored*ing over a good Power Rangers series. WWE can't be a substitution for that.

I bolded my next two sentences for you too. Reason being is that I feel I already answered what you said about how you think there will be new 8 year old fans introduced to the company.

I disagree with you because like I said... New stuff generates more interest than old stuff. And when it comes to pro wrestling, every generation wants their own heroes and special moments to call their own so to speak. Back when Cena first blew up as a babyface superman type character, the WWE honestly did catch lightning in a bottle. But they can't catch lightning in a bottle again with the same person unless they change him. Sure, Cena can be the same, stale super hero for ever and ever if they want and it may never totally fail... but the whole gimmick will NEVER be as big of a deal as it once was. And thus it will NEVER hook as many new fans as it once did. But if he goes heel and then eventually finds redemption as a babyface once more, then and only then can they recapture that same level of excitement and buzz-worthiness. That's just how it works, at least in the modern era.

Also I underlined a rather absurd, yet humorous typo you made.

Lol forgot an apostrophe. I still see too many toddlers in the audience, though. Are you saying those kids were also part of the 2008 Cena revolution? Unless they have television in wombs, I'd still say he's still a draw to new fans. I mean women, too, because his face hasn't aged much since he's been in WWE.

Lol forgot an apostrophe. I still see too many toddlers in the audience, though. Are you saying those kids were also part of the 2008 Cena revolution? Unless they have television in wombs, I'd still say he's still a draw to new fans. I mean women, too, because his face hasn't aged much since he's been in WWE.

>implying cena can't draw as heel

>implying Punk can't relate to the child demographic with his goofy humor

>implying cena can't draw as heel

>implying Punk can't relate to the child demographic with his goofy humor

Considering Punk's humor is corny, probably he is correct on that.

Archived