Am i the only one who supports bullying?

.TheRancidKid

yet you flopped and made yourself look bad.

You just supported racism. Think about that and who looks bad.

Schools don't cause deaths, school shootings are an argument against gun ownership, not school.

You trollin' brah? When did i support racism..?

OHH, you mean when i said people have the right to believe whatever they want, yeah?

I have the right to believe in raping children. Does that make my right to actually rape children wrong or right?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yet you flopped and made yourself look bad.

You just supported racism. Think about that and who looks bad.

Schools don't cause deaths, school shootings are an argument against gun ownership, not school.

You trollin' brah? When did i support racism..?

OHH, you mean when i said people have the right to believe whatever they want, yeah?

I have the right to believe in raping children. Does that make my right to actually rape children wrong or right?

Seriously are you people educated at all? Or do you always use the worst possible things in the book to debunk an arguement?

You cant use extremes like that in an arguement.

They are a real problem, so yes, yes you can use these extreme incidents to say that bullying is bad. Not everyone dies from gun wounds, so I guess we can't use guns resulting in deaths as an argument against gun ownership?

You think if youre being bullied, if you run to an adult, that youre safe? Or if you look at the bully in the eyes and go "Hey! Im a STAR!" that youll be ok? The real world is tough.

Do you think everything will always be ok if you try to stand up for yourself? In the real world hitting someone isn't the end of it, it's not some cheesy movie where standing up for yourself is the answer and everyone loves you for standing up to the bully.

Theres nothing wrong with bullies.

There's nothing wrong with racists, maybe they're just aggressive.

You cant tell people what to do, but you can certainly encourage the underdog to believe in himself.

You can't tell people what to do, unless it fits your argument. You're twisting this more than anyone else.

If a dude its picking you, stand up for yourself and it will surely end.

Again, don't assume all bullying is done by a single person, it can often be a group of people.

Lol are you kidding me dude? Why cant someone be racist? Im not racist, but what are you saying? They have a chenical imbalance in their brains? If they are choosing to be racist, and it feels OK to them, then who are we to say they're wrong? You could have effeciently picked apart my arguement, and made better points, yet you flopped and made yourself look bad.

And no i dont think everything will be ok every time you stand up for yourself. Just like how i dont think everything will be ok if you DONT stand up for yourself. But your chances are a hell of a lot better if you do stand up for yourself.

Oh, and you can use extremes in an arguement? Ok. Then wrestling should be banned for all the kids who tried reinacting what they see on TV and hurt themselves. Driving should be illegal from all the deaths it causes a year. And you know what? All those school shootings, we should just abolish school right? No school = no school shootings.

-_-

Oh, and dont ASSUME that "i assumed that theres always just one bully" never have i said it couldnt be a group.

Holy sh** are you really that stupid ?

1.) Rascism: Well, some people can't be changed, if they secretely hate a race, well, not fine but whatever, as soo as they start to treat people bad or different because of their race it's bad. There's not even any room for an argument, if you are really that stupid I don't know what to say

2. Standing Up: You partly correct, but what would you do if a group with, let's say knife, fairly common is bullying you ? Will you stand up and get hurt ? Like, seriously hurt ? I highly doubt it. If you support bullying, you are open to the idea they are allways there and we shouldn't even deal with them. That's bascially the picture you giving us.

3. Extremes: Wrestling: Don't do this at home Cars: Serve a purpose and are usually only avaible to those who are capable of driving. 3: Schools: Serve one of the biggest purpose in the modern life and are essential to every city. Schoolshootings are an argument to get rid of guns not of school.

Moron...

You cant use extremes like that in an arguement.

They are a real problem, so yes, yes you can use these extreme incidents to say that bullying is bad. Not everyone dies from gun wounds, so I guess we can't use guns resulting in deaths as an argument against gun ownership?

You think if youre being bullied, if you run to an adult, that youre safe? Or if you look at the bully in the eyes and go "Hey! Im a STAR!" that youll be ok? The real world is tough.

Do you think everything will always be ok if you try to stand up for yourself? In the real world hitting someone isn't the end of it, it's not some cheesy movie where standing up for yourself is the answer and everyone loves you for standing up to the bully.

Theres nothing wrong with bullies.

There's nothing wrong with racists, maybe they're just aggressive.

You cant tell people what to do, but you can certainly encourage the underdog to believe in himself.

You can't tell people what to do, unless it fits your argument. You're twisting this more than anyone else.

If a dude its picking you, stand up for yourself and it will surely end.

Again, don't assume all bullying is done by a single person, it can often be a group of people.

Lol are you kidding me dude? Why cant someone be racist? Im not racist, but what are you saying? They have a chenical imbalance in their brains? If they are choosing to be racist, and it feels OK to them, then who are we to say they're wrong? You could have effeciently picked apart my arguement, and made better points, yet you flopped and made yourself look bad.

And no i dont think everything will be ok every time you stand up for yourself. Just like how i dont think everything will be ok if you DONT stand up for yourself. But your chances are a hell of a lot better if you do stand up for yourself.

Oh, and you can use extremes in an arguement? Ok. Then wrestling should be banned for all the kids who tried reinacting what they see on TV and hurt themselves. Driving should be illegal from all the deaths it causes a year. And you know what? All those school shootings, we should just abolish school right? No school = no school shootings.

-_-

Oh, and dont ASSUME that "i assumed that theres always just one bully" never have i said it couldnt be a group.

Holy sh** are you really that stupid ?

1.) Rascism: Well, some people can't be changed, if they secretely hate a race, well, not fine but whatever, as soo as they start to treat people bad or different because of their race it's bad. There's not even any room for an argument, if you are really that stupid I don't know what to say

2. Standing Up: You partly correct, but what would you do if a group with, let's say knife, fairly common is bullying you ? Will you stand up and get hurt ? Like, seriously hurt ? I highly doubt it. If you support bullying, you are open to the idea they are allways there and we shouldn't even deal with them. That's bascially the picture you giving us.

3. Extremes: Wrestling: Don't do this at home Cars: Serve a purpose and are usually only avaible to those who are capable of driving. 3: Schools: Serve one of the biggest purpose in the modern life and are essential to every city. Schoolshootings are an argument to get rid of guns not of school.

Moron...

Where the f*ck do you get off calling me a moron? In a sense, you proved my point about extremes. See how absurd those sounded? Thats what everyone else is doing in this topic, pull your head out of your ass and learn to differentiate between truth, and me using extremes to expolit how stupid they actually are.

And jesus christ does every "bully" have a knife? Every high school bully? You people really cant get over the fact that these are all based on averages. Obviously a select few might be armed with something, but at that point it doesnt matter if you stand up for yourself or not, something is gonna go down.

Im giving the picture that they are there and shouldnt deal with them? Are you stupid, or just ignorant? Cause im pretty sure i stated multiple times that we should encourage the victims to stand up for themselves. Is that not, in a sense, dealing with them?

I cant even debate you people when your pulling out extremes and irrelevant points to sypport your claim. Read a book or something.

Seriously are you people educated at all? Or do you always use the worst possible things in the book to debunk an arguement?

Or are we going to be like you and ignore/deflect/change the subject?

Youre right, because raping children has a lot to do with bullying. Jeez, and your a moderator here?

No, raping children has hardly anything to do with bullying. But what it does have to do with is your argument over allowing something to occur because it's a form of someone's right to believe in something. Let's take my argument again, but change the situations and see how you would respond:

I have the right to believe in being racist. Does that make my right to actually be racist wrong or right?

I have the right to believe in bullying. Does that make my right to actually bully wrong or right?

When you can safely say that you believe in the right to do the two actions above, but not the child rape one, then you are debunking the entirety of your own argument to allow freedom of rights in actionable discourse.

Where the f*ck do you get off calling me a moron? In a sense, you proved my point about extremes. See how absurd those sounded? Thats what everyone else is doing in this topic, pull your head out of your ass and learn to differentiate between truth, and me using extremes to expolit how stupid they actually are.

Bullying resulting in suicides isn't even an extreme though. Maybe in your narrow minded argument that it builds some false sense of character.

Bully victims are between 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims, according to studies by Yale University

http://www.bullyingstatistics.org/content/bullying-and-suicide.html

And jesus christ does every "bully" have a knife? Every high school bully? You people really cant get over the fact that these are all based on averages. Obviously a select few might be armed with something, but at that point it doesnt matter if you stand up for yourself or not, something is gonna go down.

So why let it get to that point? Why let bullying happen when it can result in someone being attacked or killing tmeselves? Why, instead of trying to educate people to not bully, do you want it to exist and almost be swept under the carpet?

Im giving the picture that they are there and shouldnt deal with them? Are you stupid, or just ignorant? Cause im pretty sure i stated multiple times that we should encourage the victims to stand up for themselves. Is that not, in a sense, dealing with them?

Telling people that the best way to solve their problem is with violence is crazy. And again, why should bullying be allowed to happen in the first place. People shouldn't have to be forced to resort to violence in an attempt to stop being harassed.

I don't know about you but my example, Knife's are really common, in my old class, in a fairly normal place with a lot of "peace and harmony" and what not, quite an amount had knife in possesion. Some just to show off but usually exactly these kind of people are bullys, they need to feed off weaker ones. It's really not that unrealistic even if you don't wanna see that. Also, no, standing up is not dealing with bullys. It might help but theres also quite a big chance that you just get beaten up and end up getting more and more emotionally frail. You really got to see both sides. Just accept that this topic was a mistake and stop making it relevant. And I call you moron because you come of as one, you just said rascism is okay -.-

Heck, you don't even need to look at suicide rates to see how bullying can screw a child's life up. In some cases, it doesn't make them stronger, but in fact, weaker and more socially awkward, because they realise how easily they can be chewed up and spat out. It can lead to depression, bipolarity, dysfunctionality and many other mental disorders, that stay with people for life.

Bullying resulting in suicides isn't even an extreme though. Maybe in your narrow minded argument that it builds some false sense of character.

Bully victims are between 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims, according to studies by Yale University

http://www.bullyingstatistics.org/content/bullying-and-suicide.html

So why let it get to that point? Why let bullying happen when it can result in someone being attacked or killing tmeselves? Why, instead of trying to educate people to not bully, do you want it to exist and almost be swept under the carpet?

Telling people that the best way to solve their problem is with violence is crazy. And again, why should bullying be allowed to happen in the first place. People shouldn't have to be forced to resort to violence in an attempt to stop being harassed.

Victims are 2-9 times more likely to commit suicide than nom victims. But how often to non-victims actually contemplate suicide?

Jesus. All im saying is educating people not to bully is one of the dumbest things ive ever seen. Above the influence commercials dont convince kids not to do drugs, and i firmly dont believe these anti-bullying campaigns are going to solve anything. In fact, if i was a bully and i saw that commercial, knowing how lackluster my life would be, id probably be more inclined to bully. Youre telling me when a bully, for example, sees a "be a star" commercial, that a tear hits his eyes and hes a changed man? Some people are just pricks, thats just how it is.

And do i really have to repeat myself for the 3rd time? When did i ever say that standing up for yourself had to be with violence? What about cyber bullying? Are you able to defend yourself with violence over the internet? Words can be very powerful. Especially an intellectual comback at the bully.

And i didnt say it builds FALSE sense of character, which is an opinion anyways. I said it builds character. Are you challenging my claim that it helped me build character? Obviously it wont for every person out there, just like anti-buillying campaigns arent going to stop every bully.

This debate comes down to personal preference. You can throw all you Yale-backed arguements at me all you'd like. Me, personally, had a positive outcome from being bullied. And i therefore support encouraging the underdog OVER trying to tell bullies, no.

And @ Lyriqz:

Im coming off as a moron? Youre telling me to see both sides, yet because i support the side you dont, im a moron?

Jesus. All im saying is educating people not to bully is one of the dumbest things ive ever seen. Above the influence commercials dont convince kids not to do drugs, and i firmly dont believe these anti-bullying campaigns are going to solve anything. In fact, if i was a bully and i saw that commercial, knowing how lackluster my life would be, id probably be more inclined to bully. Youre telling me when a bully, for example, sees a "be a star" commercial, that a tear hits his eyes and hes a changed man? Some people are just pricks, thats just how it is.

I imagine being told from a young age, that bullying is wrong and that people should not be treated differently due to something like ethnicity will do a lot more to stop bullying then 'standing up for yourself' and in the end more good. People shouldn't have to go through the ordeal of bullying to build some character. How is it dumb to try and stop bullying before it gets started?

Are you challenging my claim that it helped me build character?

If I'm being honest, judging from your posts on the subject and from not knowing you before you were bullied, I'd say it made you a worse person.

I imagine being told from a young age, that bullying is wrong and that people should not be treated differently due to something like ethnicity will do a lot more to stop bullying then 'standing up for yourself' and in the end more good. People shouldn't have to go through the ordeal of bullying to build some character. How is it dumb to try and stop bullying before it gets started?

If I'm being honest, judging from your posts on the subject and from not knowing you before you were bullied, I'd say it made you a worse person.

Dude, we just disagree. Can you let it go? Or do we need to keep this pissing contest going?

And you'd say it made me a worse person? In what, your eyes? You can think whatever you'd like about me. And if you could call me a worse person solely based on posts on this subject, then i think youre a tad too judgemental, and immature in that department. Almost like a bully.

Dude, we just disagree. Can you let it go? Or do we need to keep this pissing contest going?

And you'd say it made me a worse person? In what, your eyes? You can think whatever you'd like about me. And if you could call me a worse person solely based on posts on this subject, then i think youre a tad too judgemental, and immature in that department. Almost like a bully.

So you're... calling him a bully... as an argument... despite saying that... bullying is good...?Mother of God.

Which, according to your logic, is helping you to become a better person.

I never said bullying is good. I just said it could help build character if the person stands up to them, ugh.

And according to my logic, yes it makes me become a better person. If your challenged, arent you motivated to overcome it? Or should i cry and tell mommy he said i was a worse person?

Alas, this will continue. I have my points of view, which in a sense (that maybe you dont agree with) have their validity. That everyone deems wrong while having their point if view shoved down my throat. Instead of agreeing to disagree. Me calling him a bully wasnt even meant to strike up an outside response, let alone 2 of them. It was just an ironic comparison. Jeez you cant say anything on these boards.

I never said bullying is good. I just said it could help build character if the person stands up to them, ugh.

And according to my logic, yes it makes me become a better person. If your challenged, arent you motivated to overcome it? Or should i cry and tell mommy he said i was a worse person?

Alas, this will continue. I have my points of view, which in a sense (that maybe you dont agree with) have their validity. That everyone deems wrong while having their point if view shoved down my throat. Instead of agreeing to disagree. Me calling him a bully wasnt even meant to strike up an outside response, let alone 2 of them. It was just an ironic comparison. Jeez you cant say anything on these boards.

You really don't understand children, do you?

Well yes we could, but that would be boring.

I have nothing else to go on and you were pretty much asking for my opinion on the matter. I'm not saying you are a worse person, just that based on this thread it comes across like it made you a worse person.

That everyone deems wrong while having their point if view shoved down my throat

Funny, because that's how I felt for the first page and a half.

Yeah, bullying is f#*king awesome. Grow a pair of balls and that's all there is to it. Obviously the kids (and adults) who feel defenseless to mindless idiots are the ones to blame and obviously I'm being sarcastic and you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Yeah, bullying is f#*king awesome. Grow a pair of balls and that's all there is to it. Obviously the kids (and adults) who feel defenseless to mindless idiots are the ones to blame and obviously I'm being sarcastic and you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Ah, the old "Let me agree with the subject but lets make it a hyperbole in an attempt to disprove it" tactic. Yeah thats totally what i meant by this thread. You hit it, spot on my good man.

Archived