Do you agree with this statement for WWE13?

SuicidalKissesProduction™

Do you Agree with the Idea for WWE13?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Agree With The Idea For WWE13?

• Yes
    • No

I agree that online functionality when forced in to a game that doesn't need it, just to drum up sales, is bad for the industry.

There's room for online and non online games and hopefully in time more studios will just decide to go one way or the other.

Skyrim VS WOW, both huge successes. One with zero online functionality, one entirely online.

I am with you on the realism part. In this day and age, for them to put out a sim game like this which is slated to be the most authentic lifelike wrestling game, yet the impact animations are bland and flat is just asinine.

Allstars had much better looking impacts, where it looked as if the wrestler(s) were actually hitting the mat. The SvR/WWE12 series needs to implement that to credit the game as being "realistic". Most of the moves in this series have impacts that either a) would make a wrestlers career come to an end real fast, or b) look as if they were done gently and all-too-carefully. I would also like to see the blood transfer from the bleeding caw onto the attacking caws hands, like it does with the in-game models already. Should NOT be difficult to implement, yet it still hasn't been attempted. This would give the game more realism as well.

Aside from that, I would like nothing more than a fully working version of what we were promised this year.

I could care less about other modes; GM mode, Vince McMahon mode, Linda's Political Campaign mode, etc, as well as other new features; create a tractor comes to mind, maybe create an audience too? Do not want. Would not buy for these wastes of disk space.

Focus on the claims already laid and make them realities before you try to break new ground.

If you want to have realism then we need to have the ability to book and call finishes. Universe and create a story should be combined with you having the choice to call the spots or have the option to have the AI call the spots as that is what is in the game now.

Also use the gimmick matches more like HITC where the Ai vs Ai breaks the cage and climbs up on the top. We should be able to have a choice to start the match on top of the cage ala Mankind v Undertaker if we so desire.

With the comeback system there should also be a special spot in a cage match where you can throw your opponent from cage to cage just like the old school way back in the day.

With the CC I don't see why they just don't build a web site to where you can create and edit on the pc and download directly to your console with a way to tie your gamer tag to the site so you can view and chose what you want to download that way you can chose to go to a setting on the online option where you can select what you download automatically. That way all the dedicated online servers can be only used for online play only so hopefully that can keep the lag down.

The engine to me is decent now really the only thing they should do is tweak and go for realism. Get rid of the glitches and add the stuff that is game changing but would require not much code altering like the HITC and cage. Add booking mode. Clean up the moves and AI logic. I can't comment on gameplay as I have never really played it. I only create my CAWs or dl them and sim only. I like what I see in the engine but I also don't see why we also can't alter the AI logic like fire pro.

They don't so the PC edit thing because evil heretics who shall remain nameless (unless you PM me) are already fixing the bugs in their games and lengthening their shelf life. THQ practices planned obsolescence, a PC game or PC portion of a game would make them.have to actually improve the next game drastically.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

THQ in a nut shell.

Personally, they can do whatever they want, I'm not buying it. WWE '12 is the first wrestling game I bought since the old Smackdown series, because it looked very good on paper. But after the disapointment it has been, I'll have no problem passing on the next ones. THQ had a golden opportunity to regain a lot of fans with WWE '12, and they blew it.

I love you Misery/Jeffan. Marry me.

Just kidding, but yeah I agree completely.

I don't care that much about realism though.

I just want the game that 12 was advertised as.....and I still want my damn moves back.

Go ahead and mark them as "New" ill take the lie if I can get the moves back.

Universe, Servers, and CAW (including moves) is far more important to me than flashy graphics, flip flopping Submission systems, and RTWM.

Thats pretty much what I meant, but yeah definetly what THQ should be thinking about

This is a Poll to see who agree with the statement below for WWE13,

"I wouldn't add any new features until THQ can fix the current problems. Best case scenario for WWE13 IMO, same game just updated roster, Updated Moves , a simpler story mode and just fix what they have. No completely redesigning or introducing new features to the game. Hell, If need be they can take out create an entrance video or only allowed 2 alt. attires. What THQ needs to reassess their priorities. Their top 3 priorities should be: 1) realism (realistic moves etc.) 2) Universe 3) servers. The story modes can be fun, but what they need to focus on is what makes us keep playing, the replay factor. "

Please Select an Answer from the Poll & Give your reasons Why Or Why Not.

Overall I agreed with this statement until i stumbled upon the first priority. Seriously, WTF!? I've never even thought about this one and can't find anything wrong with realism. Is there something I don't get? I believe point 2 and 3 should be the priorities, maybe add some gameplay modes...

It's difficult to assess 'realism' in a wrestling game because I keep saying that wrestling itself isn't 'real' persay. In other words, the moves aren't meant to injure although they sometimes do anyway when performed improperly. So adding realism to a wrestling game tends to mean that things outside of the normal wrestling routine would have to be added in order to make the game more competitive. I was just reading a thread about a guy who had a great match with someone online. The way he was describing almost sounded as if the match itself had been worked out ahead of time. Now this may just be a testament to the gameplay changes they made to the game this year, because I have no one to play against so I wouldn't know. But I think one of the reasons people cling to the older games is because the 'over the top' things you could do in them made the game more exciting, even though it wouldn't happen on the actual programming.I also think that is why we have lot of people here wanting the weapon physics from last year back. I don't know if I agree with that, but I can see it being a point of contention between fans of the series.

To be quite honest, I for one wouldn't need anything but Exhibition, CAW (with CAE and CAMS), PT and the online Mode. Storymode is allways unbalanced in the last years with really bad voice overs. So I am relatively sure most people would prefer a fully functioning Universe Mode over the terrible RTWM. Now I won't say get rid of it or CAS for that matter as I know people will enjoy them, but with all the bugs in these modes I've heard of ( Can't tell if their true as I never really got into them, but let's assume their true) I think a lot of folks who enjoy them are quite disgusted with it. So in my mind, fix the elemental parts of the game (Matches themselves like Moves, Graphics etc.) the selection stuff like who's champ, who should be there and should not be there and the online mode. These are the most elemental parts. Then go on and fix bugs in Storyscenes and glitches with creation modes (CAW, CAS etc.) Then polish up the game for maybe two years with better graphics and more moves, and then, when everything works perfectly and is full of good stuff, go ahead and work on the next addition.

Archived