Tym Misery's Grabbing for straws

SuicidalKissesProduction™

:rock: Alas, you people backtrack again. You where complaining it took to long to get up, now your complaining it takes to short of a time. As I said, Online is a side bonus. Not portion of the actual game, The Crotch blur will always be there and yes I know it is annoying but I deal with it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rock: Alas, you people backtrack again. You where complaining it took to long to get up, now your complaining it takes to short of a time. As I said, Online is a side bonus. Not portion of the actual game, The Crotch blur will always be there and yes I know it is annoying but I deal with it.

You people? We each have our different opinions and views on the game. An online isn't a side bonus when I paid for an online pass and half the time I spend looking for a match. I wouldn't even need online if SP wasn't so easy.

Your point that online is a bonus is laughable. In game programming is required for online to work, so logically that makes it apart of the game, whether you're able to access it or not. This programming evidently needed to be patched. Bonuses might be stuff we download as a result of online. But online itself is part of the game, and the fact that it exists in the first place should require that it actually works. The fact is that they released programming and set up servers for this and they did not work properly for the number of requests they got. That's just a fact not my opinion...so...basically what you are saying is that you are alright with them releasing things that don't work properly.

Your point that online is a bonus is laughable. In game programming is required for online to work, so logically that makes it apart of the game, whether you're able to access it or not. This programming evidently needed to be patched. Bonuses might be stuff we download as a result of online. But online itself is part of the game, and the fact that it exists in the first place should require that it actually works. The fact is that they released programming and set up servers for this and they did not work properly for the number of requests they got. That's just a fact not my opinion...so...basically what you are saying is that you are alright with them releasing things that don't work properly.

What I was getting at is it isn't a MAJOR PORTION OF THE GAME, I hardly use online. I do realize how terrible the servers are hell, you search anything in Community creations and it doesn't load and kicks you off. That's Bullshyte, I know but you shouldn't base what your opinion of a game is by the online ability.

Online should be taken as a gift, with a grain of salt. You know something your lucky to have axcess to, not something you look at that doesn't work so well and you think "This Entire Game Blows" simple because of it.

Alright alright....in all seriousness here's my real response to the thread. I think it has to do with hype/result ratio. The game was being heavily hyped and even the designers claimed that they were weeding out the annoying glitches and making a big effort to release an extremely solid game. When we first started playing the game, I think we all enjoyed the gameplay changes and the feel of the matches. Then as people played a little more...welll.....things started happening. Some people, not all, had freezes. Others went into Universe and discovered that while it was hyped to have ultimate customization, you could not technically separate the tag divisions. Then they discovered you couldn't cash in a MITB on anything other than the titles that were included in the default settings. Then they had issues keeping the rosters separate when they wanted to. Then we couldn't overbook the remarkable matches and keep them from coming back. Then SD freezes for some people. So I think different people have had different issues with the game depending on how they play, so it's all been recorded here in the forums and seems as if we all have ALL the issues. That has kind of perpetuated into 'well we can't trust THQ to release a solid game even if they seem to promise one' because it didn't happen this year in their and my opinion. If you were to play this game strictly as a WWE game, then I bet it works perfectly most of the time, but it was designed to do more than that.

Alright alright....in all seriousness here's my real response to the thread. I think it has to do with hype/result ratio. The game was being heavily hyped and even the designers claimed that they were weeding out the annoying glitches and making a big effort to release an extremely solid game. When we first started playing the game, I think we all enjoyed the gameplay changes and the feel of the matches. Then as people played a little more...welll.....things started happening. Some people, not all, had freezes. Others went into Universe and discovered that while it was hyped to have ultimate customization, you could not technically separate the tag divisions. Then they discovered you couldn't cash in a MITB on anything other than the titles that were included in the default settings. Then they had issues keeping the rosters separate when they wanted to. Then we couldn't overbook the remarkable matches and keep them from coming back. Then SD freezes for some people. So I think different people have had different issues with the game depending on how they play, so it's all been recorded here in the forums and seems as if we all have ALL the issues. That has kind of perpetuated into 'well we can't trust THQ to release a solid game even if they seem to promise one' because it didn't happen this year in their and my opinion. If you were to play this game strictly as a WWE game, then I bet it works perfectly most of the time, but it was designed to do more than that.

I myself has never had a freezing issue, but I can understand how that would be annoying. I've also never had an issue with cashing in the money in the bank, ironically enough because I recently did just that in WWE Universe. I don't have Smackdown or Raw on either of my shows, since I have three custom Arenas and non of them have frozen on me. I've seen a few Remarkable matches, I've had issues with Roster Separation but I take it as a Supershow or Interfierence from the other show. My Only issue is the Jobber show, er Superstars I changed it into a combined show because I had to of both my costum shows but it simple keep placing nothing but... well jobbers and isn't worth dealing with. Also the lack of the ability to gain Highlight Reel after every match is annoying as well, since there isn't a point of the Highlight reel if we have to either seperately video each scene we want or wait for a remarkable scene at the end of the match. The Repeating continuing on of WWE Universe is great, but it is an issue if you don't want to wait for the next match on the next show to start before being able to exit to the main screen. I suppose there are a few issues, but non of which that can't be fixed in WWE13.

Well, I'll play devil's advocate here as well and say I haven't had it freeze either, but it's come close a couple times. I think it was when someone was running down to interfere. The game went into slowmo for about a minute. But I haven't played SD either, so that's not to say it couldn't happen if I did.

As far as the issues getting fixed in WWE 13....well...we were sort of assured that this kind of stuff wouldn't happen in THIS game. So maybe you can understand when some folks might give them a vote of no confidence on that one. Also, you know they are going to add stuff to the mode, so what happens when/if the new stuff doesn't work properly. I know I'm going off an assumption there, but history proves that when they've added stuff, it hasn't always worked the way it was designed. This is the general feeling of most in this forum.

What I was getting at is it isn't a MAJOR PORTION OF THE GAME, I hardly use online. I do realize how terrible the servers are hell, you search anything in Community creations and it doesn't load and kicks you off. That's Bullshyte, I know but you shouldn't base what your opinion of a game is by the online ability.

Online should be taken as a gift, with a grain of salt. You know something your lucky to have axcess to, not something you look at that doesn't work so well and you think "This Entire Game Blows" simple because of it.

In the modern age of gaming, online is EVERYTHING. Why play by myself when I can go online and play with 5 friends and download 50 new characters. I love the WWE and that's why I love WWE games no matter what. The game is far from good though. When I can go online it increases the games value by a lot. Nothing is as fun on this game as playing in a tornado tag TLC match online IMO.

This website is called CAWs.ws dupe, so you're already preaching to the wrong choir!?!? Was online/CC advertised on the game case as PROMINENT feature? Stop with the attention grabbing schtick, especially if this is your best (lame) defense (well I don't play online so) at squelching our VALID points...

This website is called CAWs.ws dupe, so you're already preaching to the wrong choir!?!? Was online/CC advertised on the game case as PROMINENT feature? Stop with the attention grabbing schtick, especially if this is your best (lame) defense (well I don't play online so) at squelching our VALID points...

Let me correct you, I'm not Squelching your points. I'm aiming for actual reasons that involve the game, you know Single Player outside of the Bonus which is Online. For people who have explained valid reasons, I have agreed with them. Much like the Freezing, ect. I've even pointed out a few problems of my own...

I also love how you decided that because many of us are more than annoyed with the servers that we feel "the entire game blows." You're the perfect customer for THQ and products like this, it's cool though cause Man has no influence on global climate change either or at least nothing that can't be fixed before we move to Earth2...

If you wanted ucking reasons then you would've scrolled through the "patch-issues" or "server unavailable" threads, you wanted attention or the opportunity to explain about how you play the game and our complaints don't matter. We keep countering with the same logic, we play the game differently than you so server issues do matter to us, but that's not good enough for you so dismiss them because you don't play online. It's lame. "It's Bonus" has got to be one of stupidest arguments I've heard in defense on the server issue, the fact that you believe that means I already lost this argument cause you're ignorant on that one...

Let me correct you, I'm not Squelching your points. I'm aiming for actual reasons that involve the game, you know Single Player outside of the Bonus which is Online. For people who have explained valid reasons, I have agreed with them. Much like the Freezing, ect. I've even pointed out a few problems of my own...

Funny a few problems of your own, really cause you started off this thread proclaiming how you hadn't had one "momentary" issue. GOT HEEEEEEEM!!!

If you wanted ucking reasons then you would've scrolled through the "patch-issues" or "server unavailable" threads, you wanted attention or the opportunity to explain about how you play the game and our complaints don't matter. We keep countering with the same logic, we play the game differently than you so server issues do matter to us, but that's not good enough for you so dismiss them because you don't play online. It's lame. "It's Bonus" has got to be one of stupidest arguments I've heard in defense on the server issue, the fact that you believe that means I already lost this argument cause you're ignorant on that one...

Funny a few problems of your own, really cause you started off this thread proclaiming how you hadn't had one "momentary" issue. GOT HEEEEEEEM!!!

So, you've clued into that I've noticed a few things because of what someone else said. Forgive me for not editing my main post, what I mean that you guys aren't getting is though you mainly play online. ONLINE ISN'T THE ENTIRE FULL 100% Game, your literally criticizing something unbelievable tiny it shouldn't matter compared to the entire game.

If you viewed everyone elses posts, I've explained the online thing multiple times. Well other actual Ingame issues I've agreed with and pointed out a few of my own, you didn't get me. You simple once again misunderstood what I was getting at.

That's where I disagree with you as to Online being "unbelieveable tiny." Go look at the back of the game case, it has 3 main pictures/selling points: Destiny Awaits (RTWM), the next 2 are Multiplayer Madness (compete online) and Create and Share (share and download). You can't realistically say "tiny" when 2/3's of the selling points/new features are integrally tied to the servers. Couple that with the fact that some users were charged for online access codes and for many it's not only a valid issue, it's a game breaker...

*facepalms hard*

Online is 50% of the game. I don't personally play online matches but that doesn't mean I'm gonna dismiss online play as unimportant and not a big part of the game just like I won't dispute anyone who says that Universe is a big part or Exhibition or whatever else.

You complained (finally after 4 months of "perfect" servers) that you couldn't get on CC. So why bitch about it if you don't think it's anything more than a tiny bonus? Aren't you contradicting yourself there in a way? Should we all dismiss your issues with the game as "unimportant bonuses"?

I forgot, I'm replying to a troll, sorry guys.

I'll be honest, I haven't many problems either, but the problems I have are mostly ones THQ has said they would fix every year since 07 and every time they fix one, a new one comes up. I'm more than tempted to not buy WWE 13. But if I were making WWE 13, I wouldn't add any new features until I could fix my current problems. Best case scenario for wwe 13 IMO, same game just different characters, some new moves, a simpler story mode and just fix what they have. No completely redesiging or introducing new features to the game. Hell, I'd be okay if they took out create an entrance video or only allowed 2 alt. attires. What I will say is that they need to reasses their priorities. Their top 3 priorities should be: 1) realism (realistic moves etc.) 2) Universe 3) servers. The story modes can be fun, but what they need to focus on is what makes us keep playing, the replay factor.

*facepalms hard*

Online is 50% of the game. I don't personally play online matches but that doesn't mean I'm gonna dismiss online play as unimportant and not a big part of the game just like I won't dispute anyone who says that Universe is a big part or Exhibition or whatever else.

You complained (finally after 4 months of "perfect" servers) that you couldn't get on CC. So why bitch about it if you don't think it's anything more than a tiny bonus? Aren't you contradicting yourself there in a way? Should we all dismiss your issues with the game as "unimportant bonuses"?

I forgot, I'm replying to a troll, sorry guys.

I suppose I do tend to Contradict myself, what I'm looking for is issues with the game. Nothing to do with the Servers, online or Community creation because that has been stated, restated & Told a billions times before. We've got entire forum for that, I wasn't going to ask for "Issues online" now was I? Because that has already been done, I'm not a troll by the way. People are simple misunderstanding what I'm aiming at, you people just want to argue. I would like to have a heated discussion, major difference is if you'd listen to me. This wouldn't turn into a flame war of you people insulting me, which I might re-add I haven't insulting anyone as of yet unless they've bantantly called me out.

Let me bold this so you might get it,

I'm looking for issues other then those that feature the online capability, something you'd notice if you didn't have Live at all. That is simple what I'm attempting to see, you people are basing a large game off a portion that you wouldn't have if you didn't have live.

Did I make myself clear? Look back at when the other user was talking about subjects outside of online, such as freezing did I argue with them? No I agree with them and the expressed problems I have began to notice.

I'll be honest, I haven't many problems either, but the problems I have are mostly ones THQ has said they would fix every year since 07 and every time they fix one, a new one comes up. I'm more than tempted to not buy WWE 13. But if I were making WWE 13, I wouldn't add any new features until I could fix my current problems. Best case scenario for wwe 13 IMO, same game just different characters, some new moves, a simpler story mode and just fix what they have. No completely redesiging or introducing new features to the game. Hell, I'd be okay if they took out create an entrance video or only allowed 2 alt. attires. What I will say is that they need to reasses their priorities. Their top 3 priorities should be: 1) realism (realistic moves etc.) 2) Universe 3) servers. The story modes can be fun, but what they need to focus on is what makes us keep playing, the replay factor.

I agree with the Bold, this is a perfect example of what I'm aiming for.

This is also what I was mentioning, see how this user didn't attack me. Didn't mention online and I agree with them and expressed issues I'd began to notice. Lets have more of this above...

There we go nothing like a little back-and-forth to ultimately find some common ground. If your initial post was phrased like above then we all would've known where you were coming from/wanted to know. You came off somewhat dismissive of our gripes about online so we pounced. I think much of the frustration with 12' has been THQ's inability to fix the servers/building our hopes up only to come up short and then our frustration carries over into other aspects of the game. The game itself is solid as heck, it's just been frustrating that I've had to waste 2 months going on CC at odd hours to get the Created Content I wanted, in order to fully enjoy the other aspects of the game...

He's incapable of grasping that his opinion is not Universal Truth. He will always try to infer that dissenting opinions are wrong. Its his this g, gone for months, comes back, right back at it.

Did you pay attention to the post above? I explained and proved I wasn't doing that, might want to stop attempting to Troll-bait or start a flame war. Now do you have an actual answer/reason or shall you go find something else to do...

Archived