Vince Russo Offcially Done With TNA

JasonGryphon

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people act as if it matters? Everything about TNA could improve, but the fact is that they'll just find another thing to nitpick at TNA to call the product "unwatchable". Example being "now to get rid of Hogan and Bischoff!" If it weren't for Hulk Hogan and (more so) Eric Bischoff begging for this move to happen, Vince Russo would very likely still be Head of Creative, and we'd probably be getting a true unwatchable product at this moment.

Also, people seem to forget the good Russo has done for TNA. He's the reason AJ Styles became a main eventer, and multi-time World Heavyweight Champion in TNA, the one who created Beer Money, and pushed for them to become main eventers. I can't say that I'll miss him, but it is a bit of a shame that he gets nowhere near the amount of credit for the good he's done in TNA, compared to what the bad gets.

I was surely about to say something until I had came up to this post. People are bitches rather or not it's a good situation or not and you basically proved that with the release of Russo. Had it not been for Russo, some of the present "main-eventers" would have been overlooked.

• 4 months later...

I don't think they should get rid of Hogan & Bischoff. TNA has been better since they came along.

The tag and X division says "Hi."

Wait... Who?

We're just two weeks past a PPV that was centered around the X Division. They're not featured for one week, and suddenly the division is dead? :facepalm:

I don't think they should get rid of Hogan & Bischoff. TNA has been better since they came along.

The tag and X division says "Hi."

Wait... Who?

We're just two weeks past a PPV that was centered around the X Division. They're not featured for one week, and suddenly the division is dead? :facepalm:

The division is still alive, hell thanks to this thing with Aries recently, the bar may have been raised even higher, thankfully they can go back to the "No Limits style" and no weight-restrictions like it was before Slammaversary(sp?).

How was it dead before Destination X? Let's see, before Desination X, Austin Aries was the (longest reigning) champion, defending the title against Samoa Joe at Slammiversary, had a feud with Bully Ray at Sacrifice to prove that small (X Division-type) guys can go up against someone like Bully Ray. The only time that he wasn't in a singles match that didn't have any focus on the X Division title was at LockDown. ONE PPV... before that, he was defending it against guys like Zema Ion, Alex Shelley, Jesse Sorensen, Kid Kash, and so on from the time he won it at No Surrender last year.

Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about. Having the X Division off of one show, where the main focus was on the BFG Series matches and the Aces and 8s storyline, does not mean that creative has suddenly lost their interest in the division. When we go weeks, to months without seeing any sort of X Division involvement on Impact and PPVs, maybe then you can throw a fit about how the X Division is dead. It's already advertised that Zema Ion will be defending his title on Thursday, and TNA look to be building towards an eventual match between Ion and Jesse Sorensen (when he's fully recovered) for the X Division title. So it looks like you've got a lot of waiting to do.

Aries had random title defenses during his X Division reign. Zema Ion was the only one permanent involed in the title picture. One feud doesn't make a division and the most X Wrestlers showed up rarley.

There was a reason why Aries had no challenge

What will that do? You think I don't realize that the X Division isn't as big or featured as it used to be? The problem with your little opinion is that TNA aren't that same wrestling company that was on weekly PPVs. They're not that little company that had a one hour show in an 11pm timeslot on Saturdays anymore. The fact of the matter is that TNA would not get anywhere if every one of their shows were X Division heavy, and anybody who tries denying that is kidding themselves.

Even if the X Division isn't as featured as much as they were before, that doesn't mean that they're dead. That doesn't mean that they're anywhere near it. It means that TNA have grown as a company and realize that the X Division isn't going to be their path to success. So, it's absolutely ridiculous to sit there and say that the X Division is long dead. Especially after just barely a month ago, the current World Heavyweight Champion made the X Division Championship look nearly as important as a World Title.

Archived