Official Football Thread - Less flaming/insults needed.

RVD 4:20

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also at Rubber's earlier suggestion of AVB to Liverpool;

:laugh:

Why not? He's a good manager. :(

Cos he's been nothing but average at Chelsea. He speaks and comes across well, doesn't let much slide in interviews/conferences, but we need somebody who can set up a team properly to defend. Guardiola is coming to Pool anyway >_> .

Cos he's been nothing but average at Chelsea. He speaks and comes across well, doesn't let much slide in interviews/conferences, but we need somebody who can set up a team properly to defend. Guardiola is coming to Pool anyway >_> .

That's more of an issue that the players over power him because they all think they're still world class, if he did become manager i would like Kenny to drop to assistant to keep them in line if they try to over power him.

Plus he wants Modric, can't be that bad if he comes.

My mate who has a Liverpool season ticket said to me before that he thinks Suarez is an idiot, and that he is disgracing our city. Brilliant; even the Kopites are starting to come round.

Good for him. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion. And Liverpool and Everton are two separate entities, so how anybody from either club can be interpreted as disgracing a city is laughable.

How shit are Villa going forward? Defend for 90 minutes, attacking in stoppage time.

Megson for Liverpool.

Suarez and Liverpool did apologise and United accepted it so the matter should be closed now.

Which is funny, as neither actually apologised to United.

How shit are Villa going forward? Defend for 90 minutes, attacking in stoppage time.

Not surprising given who is in charge. They deserve it though, they thought they were too good for a CL winning manager and are now suffering worse than mediocrity football and performances.

Suarez and Liverpool did apologise and United accepted it so the matter should be closed now.

Which is funny, as neither actually apologised to United.

You're right, but it does prove that it was Suarez who was in the wrong for the incident and not Evra as many people claimed.

It doesn't. It shows one was big enough to accept responsibility. Like I said, neither went to shake hands. I have no idea how anyone can think either went to shake hands having looked at the photos.

I agree that neither wanted to shake hands and I'm going to leave this matter alone now as I don't want the topic to go the way the other one did.

Cannot describe how happy I feel after today. Massive, massive result for us. It seems when Hodgson makes us attack and play it short between players, we do well - like I've always said. When we play it simple, always making somebody available for a return pass, we can slaughter a lot of average-at-best sides.

Also, I've backed Odemwingie every step of the way this season when people have been on his back, so hopefully it is a return to goal-scoring form. I said he'd score today, but a hat-trick I'd have never imagined. You don't lose class. And while he may be the wrong side of 30, his pace and attacking threat will be a big asset to us in the coming games - hopefully, he and Long can get on the same wavelength, now.

Oh, and just for the record: Wolves are shit and they're going down.

I real hope Real mess this season up. I doubt they will, but I hope they do. It will make the Ronaldo fan-boys come out and talk shit about how Ronaldo is better than Messi because he won La Liga, and no matter how many times I remind them Messi has won it numerous times, aswell as the Champions League, they'll say 'but Ronaldo scored more goals'. Give me a break. Messi has scored just a few less and makes way more goals, has better passing stats (granted he does play for Barca) and doesn't need the time and space Ronaldo does half the time. Also, Ronaldo has scored just a couple more than Messi but has had an insane amount of shots against Messi's stats.

How people can see CR7 as better is beyond me...

Ronaldo is brilliant, but it's not suprising he scores more than Messi as he's been converted to a pure goalscorer at Madrid. Ozil, Di Maria, Alonso and even Benzema create so many chances for him and deserve a lot more credit then they get for how good Madrid have been this year. This means Ronaldo is no longer expected to take much part in the teams build up play like Messi is for Barca. Obviously this makes him a fantastic goalscorer and player, but not as good to watch as when he was ripping teams apart for United.

Unrelated, but I always laugh when people say Ronaldo is good a freekicks. He misses way more then any other player.

Wonderful goalkeeping at the Ronaldo-penalty. Exceptional.

Zambia hits the post. I have said quite confidently that Ivory Coast would win this, because they would be more composed than Ghana. A friend of mine said Zambia would win, because he felt it in his guts. I hate it when that happens and I am not the one who is right. So how about Drogba pretends this is Arsenal, so that he can score?

Archived