Tips for someone just coming back to WWE video games

cowboyfromhell

I believe the last wrestling game I played non stop was WWF No Mercy. So when I jumped into WWE 12, it was kind of overwelming at first. I've slowly but surely started to feel comfortable with this game and all of the features it provides. However, I have found myself frustrated a bit with Universe mode. For example, can anyone please tell me, is there any way that I can keep certain superstars from being constantly put on my shows? Case in point, I hate Heath Slater, but Universe sure loves putting him in every other match. Is there anyway I can influence the superstars that the cpu randomly puts in matches on my shows? Also, in a somewhat related issue, some of my superstars rarely get put in matches if ever at all. The guys I have on my ECW and TNA brands are hardly ever used my the cpu. It seems like if I ever want to use certain guys, I have to manually put them in everytime. Now it's really not that big of a deal that I have to manually change participants, if it occasionally. It really just sucks that Raw and SD get all the love and my other brands seem to get brushed off by the cpu. I'm really just looking for some help to optimize my universe. To get all I can out of it. Any help and advice from all you guys that have played these SvR games would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I might just get rid of my ECW and TNA brands all together. It seems like it's becoming too much of a headache. I just tried to move Jeff Hardy and Matt Morgan over to TNA. Had them moved and thought everything was cool. Then went to universe and attempted to put Hardy in a match against Mr. Anderson and I'll be damned if he wasn't on the Raw roster. Tried several more times with the same result. I tried to edit him to see if I could change it that way, and my created brands are even a choice, just the default brands. Ugh this is retarded. What's the point of even being able to create new brands anyway?

The game runs better if you just leave your brands alone, all the custom stuff I've done just doesn't work out right.

Move superstars around as much as you want, and you'll create a very cool and fun universe. I basically book all my other stars into factions and use them that way. Invasion style stuff. I really dig it.

My ECW Faction holds all the titles on RAW right now.

If there are people I don't want in my Universe, I put them in the free agency, remove any titles they may have, and delete all their allies and rivals. Once that's done they never step foot in my Universe.

I was going to do that myself, but I thought I read somewhere that anyone you have as a free agent can show up on Raw and SD. I may be wrong. Like I said, this is the first wrestling gave I've gotten involved with since No Mercy for the N64. Man that was an awesome game. As much as I wanted TNA and ECW brands in my universe, it just didn't seem like it was going to work. I just spread those guys amongst Raw, SD, and WCW. I suppose I'll just have to use my imagination. Oh well. At least I have the ECW and TNA arena's to battle it out in. I'm back at the start of the year in my Universe, so we'll see what happens now that I am back to 3 brands instead of the 5 I had. Thanks for all the tips and advice guys, and by all means if you have anything else to add that would help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

yeah don't buy THQ games

Haha! Seems everyone is saying the same thing on all the other boards I've visited. What the hell happened to THQ? I remember playing WCW/NWO World Tour, WCW/NWO Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000, and No Mercy for hours on end and never getting bored or frustrated. The developers at THQ really need to go back and play those games. Granted this is the first wrestling game I've played since No Mercy, I really wasn't expecting this game to be so frustrating when it comes to customization.

yeah don't buy THQ games

Haha! Seems everyone is saying the same thing on all the other boards I've visited. What the hell happened to THQ? I remember playing WCW/NWO World Tour, WCW/NWO Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000, and No Mercy for hours on end and never getting bored or frustrated. The developers at THQ really need to go back and play those games. Granted this is the first wrestling game I've played since No Mercy, I really wasn't expecting this game to be so frustrating when it comes to customization.

I have been looking for the answer to that question since 2007.

I have found a way to put the wreslters that u dont like away. The CPU rarely puts them on matches(and i really mean RARELY. since i did it only one superstar still coming back and mke sporadic appearances on wrestlemanias only booker t) Create a brand from scratch and put all of 'em in there.....beacuse if u put them on the legends, nxt or free agents brand it will not solve anything

If there are people I don't want in my Universe, I put them in the free agency, remove any titles they may have, and delete all their allies and rivals. Once that's done they never step foot in my Universe.

I was going to do that myself, but I thought I read somewhere that anyone you have as a free agent can show up on Raw and SD. I may be wrong. Like I said, this is the first wrestling gave I've gotten involved with since No Mercy for the N64. Man that was an awesome game. As much as I wanted TNA and ECW brands in my universe, it just didn't seem like it was going to work. I just spread those guys amongst Raw, SD, and WCW. I suppose I'll just have to use my imagination. Oh well. At least I have the ECW and TNA arena's to battle it out in. I'm back at the start of the year in my Universe, so we'll see what happens now that I am back to 3 brands instead of the 5 I had. Thanks for all the tips and advice guys, and by all means if you have anything else to add that would help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yea people you put as free agency can still pop up in universe its happen to me but im having fun with it cause it bring excitement to universe and i put the heath slater husky harris mason ryan people on my NXT brand and its working for me universe is very fun and so is the game

A few things to keep in mind with this mode:

-Free Agency basically works like a pool for Universe to debut people from. Most of the time they pop up in cutscenes to start rivalries or alliances. Problem is, the mode doesn't automatically switch their brand, so you have to do it yourself. If you didn't want them there in the first place.....

-It is better to actually create a brand of people you'd rather not ever see pop up. This isn't 100% effective, but it seems better than using FA. Also keep in mind that for whatever reason, the PPV's utilize every brand that exists on the list. I'm not sure how FA takes priority over that sometimes but....

-There are a lot of custom features in the game, but over the years, the more they've added to their games, the more it seems to mess things up. The Universe logic is not perfect and actually lacks logic in some respects.

-It's been said that using interference yourself to start rivalries might override the rivalries that the computer tries to push. You'll notice that booking over remarkable matches only results in the same thing showing up the next week. It might be possible to get rid of all that if you start pushing different rivalries. The Universe logic was somehow not programmed to respond to us deleting rivalries.

Archived