CM Punk (UPLOADED - 06/02/12)

Petchy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not liking the face one bit, but the attires are nice.

But you thought my over exaggerated 2011 one was 'the best since 2008'? Oh.. :hqhq:

Don't get all butthurt. :hqhq:

The thing throwing it off is the eyes. He looks like he could be half asian. I think it's the detailing.

Can't wait! This looks awesome.

Just the other day I was lamenting how bad the in-game Punk is.

@Spiney - All the stars are the same size, as they're copied from eachother. :lol:

@Shock - Possibly might swap it out, but added it because it was the attire he wore a lot at the beginning of the year. If he carries on wearing the shiny Blue attire then I'll probably make that one. Undecided on a long haired Punk, part of me wants to but I know I wouldn't use him much.

I'd love to see the shiny blue/black he's been wearing lately.

I also sort of dig the green look, but I don't know what I'd remove from your choices to add it.

Petchy, you know I respect you and love all your CAWS and this Punk is no different but...

The trunk and kickpad PT's seem sketchy for me tbh. I can't exactly describe it so I'll nab some refs. Also the trunk PT's seem really off like.. the stars all seem to be different sizes. Maybe put a non-downloadable preview on XBL? The rest looks amazing and the morph is bulletproof. Since we're on attires you can't make in the game... everyone's asked. Royal Rumble 2011. Plus I think you can add shine to the kickpads, no? I loved the metallic blue. Anyways onto refs. But like I said the stars all seem different sizes.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcty8ImOJkZFmY1QIKLyZfXOqjAAu4t2oZjwT7wbiaURKBW-Tx

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSoJpFXFyi4JaYiT61o8i_C6Y0HedBi_6RHXNqEOyQjtHIBUZ85w

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRii4z5eS6zTGAez44gf6fR4TIJvt2vYjTAtZkO7Spif09MQ-wq

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRryeR4vb9EBae6wuGX-EUMPkZlFpB8u-dC7HCsJ8oMz4buikhgOw

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgDJ2MTEcs926-LyjDZ2DMmN1k-bsqLYDrnklXqkONErZUtayB (Sorry I couldn't find any real life pictures of it with the kickpads)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSF_C8QllPt6p0vGgTTUdy2DpKXzfxg2YNOW3H5Vg6VopsaMFBS2w Closest I could find.

Anyways I hope these refs help you. This Punk is godly and I can't wait to download it (if you actually release it this year :lol:)

Also not sure if you did this or not but it seems like it'd be a good idea to PT the stars separate from the trunk banner and the kickpads so they don't get stretched out and are in the area they belong.

The stars are all the same size, the reason they got distorted as such is because it's one PT to cover the whole of one side of the trunks due to PT restrictions, if that makes sense? I would have liked to do it another way but it was the only method possible to include all the other necessary PT's. I wanted to add textures to the face, to the tattoo behind the ear etc but just couldn't. :(

Petchy can defend himself, but I felt the need to say something.. You guys can't have it all. You all want CAWs with accurate, non pixcelated, correctly sized tattoos and logos, who also have entrance attires and textured faces. There are only 10 paint tool slots for each CAW. There is no way around that, it is what it is. For the stars, who really cares? The trunks are done in 1 PT logo, which is clever. Sadly, even though the CAW mode contorts images around certain parts. All Petchy can do it go back and forth and try and get the sizing right, but then you've got the issue of the back looking different, and the guy doesn't have a JTag Xbox, meaning he's got to wait for someone to fix the file.

If he uses 2 PT's for the trunks, then the entrance attire goes, or the chest tattoo is done in one PT, which will look blurry. I know you guys want the best and sometimes when someone like Petchy produces such an accurate CAW that it looks like a model, it's easy to forget that it is just a CAW. Go onto XBL and check out the other Punk's.. None of them will compare to this. Some will in some ways, but no other Punk will have attires, tattoos, body figs, moveset etc this accurate. It is just a CAW, and you can't have it all. Please, bear that in mind when you're suggesting things. ;)

Other than his face looking a little too chubby I'd say this is great, can't be perfect all the time man but you did get close, if this is as close as you can get cool I respect that and I thank you for your work. It is better than I could do.

Keep in mind this isn't finished. He's working on ways to make it better i.e. detailing.

Petchy can defend himself, but I felt the need to say something.. You guys can't have it all. You all want CAWs with accurate, non pixcelated, correctly sized tattoos and logos, who also have entrance attires and textured faces. There are only 10 paint tool slots for each CAW. There is no way around that, it is what it is. For the stars, who really cares? The trunks are done in 1 PT logo, which is clever. Sadly, even though the CAW mode contorts images around certain parts. All Petchy can do it go back and forth and try and get the sizing right, but then you've got the issue of the back looking different, and the guy doesn't have a JTag Xbox, meaning he's got to wait for someone to fix the file.

If he uses 2 PT's for the trunks, then the entrance attire goes, or the chest tattoo is done in one PT, which will look blurry. I know you guys want the best and sometimes when someone like Petchy produces such an accurate CAW that it looks like a model, it's easy to forget that it is just a CAW. Go onto XBL and check out the other Punk's.. None of them will compare to this. Some will in some ways, but no other Punk will have attires, tattoos, body figs, moveset etc this accurate. It is just a CAW, and you can't have it all. Please, bear that in mind when you're suggesting things. ;)

This.

Unfortunately CAW mode doesn't exactly allow for models better then what you see in the in-game characters, so admire what Petchy has pulled off here.

I not only understand, but appreciate this. However I just suggesting things. The kickpads are the main things that bother me. I doubt I'd really notice the stars in-game as the shirt will cover them in his entrance anyways.

Besides, I know how hard it is to make Punk's kickpads. I like the design so I made some custom ones for my CAW in PT mode and STILL haven't gotten the sizing right, something always comes out distorted or short.

Am I the only one that actually likes the in-game model... :lol:

Jokes aside looks great as usual with your caws. But can't help wondering... could you have spent your time better working on a version of the late great Owen Hart to go with your Bret or even your take on Kurt Angle? If he interests you at all...As the only thing your really making here is A Best In The World T-Shirt which is kinda outdated already... & a Cobra & Pepsi tattoo that THQ can't put in due to copyright issues...

Am I the only one that actually likes the in-game model... :lol:

Jokes aside looks great as usual with your caws. But can't help wondering... could you have spent your time better working on a version of the late great Owen Hart to go with your Bret or even your take on Kurt Angle? If he interests you at all...As the only thing your really making here is A Best In The World T-Shirt which is kinda outdated already... & a Cobra & Pepsi tattoo that THQ can't put in due to copyright issues...

He's just a dude with a video game, not our employee. He can make whoever he wants. ;)

Archived