Patch Details.

Broski Barrage

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanted to first start off by thanking you for your purchase of WWE ’12, and I hope you’ve been having as much fun playing the game as our team had making the game.

No, it's been a chore to play so I guess that means it was a chore for them to make too.

Your passion and devotion to WWE games pushes us each and every day to make the best games possible.

Too bad they didn't make "the best game possible" with WWE '12.

These are not just games we want to make but games you want us to make: they are The People’s Games.

So it's our fault they made a shit game then?

:lol: THQ just got owned. I like the glitches they fixed now let's hope they are actually fixed so I can at least somewhat enjoy matches. The Kane Model actually looks pretty nice. I figured they would just have imported last years model. They may have but at least it looks somewhat realistic.

I'm a bit ticked off because they once again took the easy way out on the list, instead of puting the full list, they say a few things then just put "various fixes etc etc" bla bla bla.

I want a full damn list of every single thing the patch does damnit.

Cause they probably can't. In my opinion that's why everything has been so secretive. They aren't able to give specifics because they don't have them. Sorry if this isn't allowed, but at OperationSports, when news of a patch is released (be it a 2k, EA or whatever title) there is a laundry list of the specifics that have been addressed (usually a week or more before the actual patch is released). We get this 5 days before and it's vague at best. If they fixed something they'd said clearly because it almost becomes a point of competency and accountability. If you're competent you fixed certain things then list them, if you're accountable you list specifics because you're confident that your work fixed the problems. In this case THQ has proven to be neither...

Waitwaitwait...

Universe Mode Brands can now consist entirely of created Superstars. However, match card creation still requires players to use Superstars with at least one of each crowd reaction setting (‘boo’ and ‘cheer’) to properly book matches

So, this means that you can't have an entire shows of heels or faces, and not that you need at least a face and heel in each match, right?

Wait a minute....

Lowered the frequency of injuries in Universe Mode

I haven't had ANY injuries in Universe Mode yet. None.

You know I haven't either, but I don't think I've played through an entire year yet.

Man, lucky in a way then, I've gone through 4 years worth of Universe and nobody's been injured yet, either player or computer generated.

Marcus Stephenson @stephensonmc

The Masked Kane DLC was something extra that we weren't planning. Putting him in took us beyond our normal dev cycles. Just a token from us

Who here believes this?

As much as I think THQ is full of it they were finished with the game and moved on to the next one. They may need to put more effort into the games they make and stop removing features we like but they are making a small effort. They could be trying harder but, this game is a lot more fun to play than SVR 2011. It's not a perfect game,they know that and they have admitted it. At least this year they made an attempt to fix some of their more mistakes. A lot of people bash THQ for the job they do making the game but,they do somewhat ok. Imagine if they gave the rights for making the game to EA Sports, we wouldn't get anything at all.

Pretty good list imo, I wonder if Masked Kane is just an alt attire or a seperate character?

Wait a minute....

Lucky, I get like 3 guys injured a week. :fedup:

Waitwaitwait...

Universe Mode Brands can now consist entirely of created Superstars. However, match card creation still requires players to use Superstars with at least one of each crowd reaction setting (‘boo’ and ‘cheer’) to properly book matches

So, this means that you can't have an entire shows of heels or faces, and not that you need at least a face and heel in each match, right?

I don't know if this is true because I've had flair vs sting on a lot of shows and I think they are both faces.

Wait a minute....

Lucky, I get like 3 guys injured a week. :fedup:

Am I really lucky? Cause in my case, I think I'm seriously unlucky because I'd like to see just one injury and don't understand why I haven't had one yet.

I hope lowering the frequency of them happening means I'll never see a single injury in Universe Mode.

sigh @ the patch notes...

Well, I guess a patch is better than none at all, but they kept saying this massive list, and all I see is like, 28 things and nothing for caw makers. :(

I think it's clear which group of fans does not matter to THQ at this point, but hey... At least you Universe people can have your way.

Are you high or stupid?

They fixed a bunch of CAW related issues. No more defaulting movesets. Custom music fixed.

Read before you post

1 particular tweet from Marcus makes me frustrated. ><

stephensonmc Marcus Stephenson

@

@knightrocker82 you weren't going to get it at all -- think about that ;)

6 minutes ago

It really sounds like an elitist nose up attitude. We didn't have to put up with their bug riddled vaporware game as long as we did. They wouldn't have felt the NEED to "make good" in the first place if they didn't do shit internal testing and release a game with so many bugs just to make Christmas Sales.

Well when you're all looking for a new job at least you can say WWE12 made it in the green. I'm sure EA will love your heartless resumes.

No wonder the company you are working for is sinking faster than The Titanic. At least there's Darksiders and so help me if Warhammer 40k MMO gets cancelled because of THQ's mismanagement of funds and manpower....

Marcus Stephenson @stephensonmc

The Masked Kane DLC was something extra that we weren't planning. Putting him in took us beyond our normal dev cycles. Just a token from us

Who here believes this?

I don't.

I believe that they weren't prepared for it. And it shows.

I hope these guys don't think everyone's going to line up to kiss their asses for this.

Well, I guess a patch is better than none at all, but they kept saying this massive list, and all I see is like, 28 things and nothing for caw makers. :(

I think it's clear which group of fans does not matter to THQ at this point, but hey... At least you Universe people can have your way.

Are you high or stupid?

They fixed a bunch of CAW related issues. No more defaulting movesets. Custom music fixed.

Read before you post

Actually, ARE YOU HIGH OR STUPID?

They fixed NONE of the outstanding issues for us CAW Makers...

READ BEFORE YOU *censored*ING POST.

All caw universe? Props disabled during entrances?

Archived