Bring it Back! SmackDown's Fist Set

# 1 Angelina Love fan

Unfortunately, when WWE went high-definition in January 2008, the organization opted to wave buh-bye to its five-fingered friend. Granted, today’s set is visually stunning and the fist-and-broken-glass truly gave the show an attitude that equaled the explosive nature of SmackDown and its matches. Just imagine how it would look in high-def.

SmackDown is exciting, unpredictable and action-packed. It deserves a set reflecting that absolute adrenaline rush. Bringing back the classic fist would surely be an instant knockout from the moment a Superstar emerged from underneath it.

So anybody else want to see this??? I would love this i am so sick of that damn HD set

I don't mind the HD set being shared for all shows, I just think it's time for a completely new one. I wouldn't mind seeing the SD Fist coming back for a Old School SmackDown special or something, that would be amazing.

WWE.com needs to stop making these articles; it makes them seem like a fansite with no actual association with the WWE itself...

But anywho, I'd love to see modified versions of the HD sets to match Raw and SmackDown, respectively.

Every show needs to have their own set. They should also change it up. Like the PPVs have been using the same sets for the past few years now, they use to have new sets for PPVs pretty much every year.

I don't want to see the fist back... maybe the oval. But I'd rather see something new all together for both shows.

Well we have yet to see anything they have mentioned make a return but the old RAW and SmackDown sets before it went HD would be great if they made a comeback, having the same sets for all 3 shows makes them look so lazy. They should give us a different set for each PPV as well like they used to.

WWE.com needs to stop making these articles; it makes them seem like a fansite with no actual association with the WWE itself...

But anywho, I'd love to see modified versions of the HD sets to match Raw and SmackDown, respectively.

I disagree. It's a website that features articles written by 'journalists', at least that's how it comes across t me. It's interesting and it gives us something to discuss. I like that WWE are beginning to acknowledge some of this stuff again, and it's a clever way of catering to the older fans without actually having to do anything on the programming.

Yes. Let's make all of the shows different so they can be special (especially the PPVs) instead of being lazy and using the same stale HD sets over and over again.

Why do you think I used the WCW Nitro arena in the 2011 edition of SmackDown vs Raw and WWE '12's WCW arenas? I'm sick of the whole HD set.

they typically change the sets every few years, the last one was in 2008 so they should be due for changing now

1997-1999 (curtains)

1999-2002 (side trons, more lighting)

2002-08 (diamond tron, panels changed after 2005)

sd ovaltron 1999-01

fist 2001-08

All the set ups for all the shows are the same now which makes it boring.

word

I loved the Fist set it was awesome and gave Smackdown something unique

I dont really understand why WWE chose to have all shows look the same except for the colouring..

Ovaltron > all.

WWE won't be changing the HD set anytime soon. Last time I checked the HD set cost a shit load of money. I personally never liked it because the uniqueness of the brands kind of went away when they introduced it, but oh well. Nothing we can do.

Archived