Resident Evil 6

Mango kid

Storyline

According to Capcom, the game's story is as follows: "It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President's side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world's population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leon AND Chris?! Is that Ashley I saw in a couple of scenes as well? This is shaping up to be one hell of a game. I couldn't be more excited with the direction they're going, aside from Leon still having that horrible haircut.

I really hope they do more with the gameplay and controls. Like, I don't know, make the right analog stick more useable than in previous title (4 and 5).

Either way, Resident Evil 6's trailer looks great. I just want to see some gameplay footage. I know I have a long way to go before it's released, but I got a LOT of patience.

Leon AND Chris?! Is that Ashley I saw in a couple of scenes as well? This is shaping up to be one hell of a game. I couldn't be more excited with the direction they're going, aside from Leon still having that horrible haircut.

Yeah looks like we got a good cast. IGN confirmed Ada will be in it as well. Im wondering who the third guy is.....almost wanna jump the gun and say Hunk but probably not I know. Im hoping this game brings or starts to bring everyone together. Barry,Claire,Jill,etc. I wonder who will be the main bad guy in this now that they killed off wesker.....I mean they can bring him back sure but after the way they did it in 5,its unlikely

I really hope they do more with the gameplay and controls. Like, I don't know, make the right analog stick more useable than in previous title (4 and 5).

Either way, Resident Evil 6's trailer looks great. I just want to see some gameplay footage. I know I have a long way to go before it's released, but I got a LOT of patience.

I'm pretty sure there was quite a bit of gameplay footage in there.

Why do companies find it so hard to make a survival horror these days? It looks great as an action shooter but that isn't what I want when playing Resident Evil.

I wonder if Wesker will be in this one.

As much as people will say RE 5 was awful and such(ive heard all about the complaints),RE 5 was the best selling RE game of all time so obviously they did something right when you look at it that way. Thus they obviously are not gonna go totally back to the old style when this sold more. They will add elements of old in though. RE Revelations from what ign reviews say,have a perfect combo of the new and old RE styles so Im gonna bet they are trying to do the same route with this

I'm f***ing hyperventilating right now, and I'd probably be shitting my pants as well if I had to poop. I am pumped beyond words.

As much as people will say RE 5 was awful and such(ive heard all about the complaints),RE 5 was the best selling RE game of all time so obviously they did something right when you look at it that way. Thus they obviously are not gonna go totally back to the old style when this sold more. They will add elements of old in though. RE Revelations from what ign reviews say,have a perfect combo of the new and old RE styles so Im gonna bet they are trying to do the same route with this

It was far from awful. It just didn't live up to the standards set by RE4. It was still a good game, though.

It was the best selling because it came off hot off the commercial and critical success of Resident Evil 4 AND was the first Resident Evil game on a next generation console.

That alone wouldnt make it sell as much as it did. There have been sequels in the past that have had alot of momentum behind it in the past. They have looked good and came off as a sucessful previous title but still flopped because it was not good enough game to match the previous. With RE5 out selling not only 4 but every RE game in history,that is more then just hype behind that. Hype could be a factor,but its far from the only factor.

I'm f***ing hyperventilating right now, and I'd probably be shitting my pants as well if I had to poop. I am pumped beyond words.

It was far from awful. It just didn't live up to the standards set by RE4. It was still a good game, though.

O I totally agree just I see to many saying the opposite and saying it was a awful game. I enjoyed RE5 but Ill be the first to admit I enjoyed 4 much more. This game looks great in the way of 2(possibly 3 with what they are saying about ada) storys the join into one and they are big stories at that. In leons specificly looks like they are recreating the raccoon city experiance with a whole town being infested which should be exciting. I only wish they didnt kill off wesker in 5 the way they did because wesker is one of those villans that when you get rid of,you just cant find anyone to replace him as the main villian without feeling that the replacement is less then steller compared to wesker. But I could think of a couple ways they could bring him back if done right

It was the best selling because it came off hot off the commercial and critical success of Resident Evil 4 AND was the first Resident Evil game on a next generation console.

That alone wouldnt make it sell as much as it did. There have been sequels in the past that have had alot of momentum behind it in the past. They have looked good and came off as a sucessful previous title but still flopped because it was not good enough game to match the previous. With RE5 out selling not only 4 but every RE game in history,that is more then just hype behind that. Hype could be a factor,but its far from the only factor.

O I totally agree just I see to many saying the opposite and saying it was a awful game. I enjoyed RE5 but Ill be the first to admit I enjoyed 4 much more. This game looks great in the way of 2(possibly 3 with what they are saying about ada) storys the join into one and they are big stories at that. In leons specificly looks like they are recreating the raccoon city experiance with a whole town being infested which should be exciting. I only wish they didnt kill off wesker in 5 the way they did because wesker is one of those villans that when you get rid of,you just cant find anyone to replace him as the main villian without feeling that the replacement is less then steller compared to wesker. But I could think of a couple ways they could bring him back if done right

Resident Evil 6 takes place one year before 5 so there's every possibility that Wesker's in the game.

Resident Evil 6 takes place one year before 5 so there's every possibility that Wesker's in the game.

It says that RE 5 takes place 11 years after the mansion incident(RE 1) and RE 6 is 10 years after the the Raccoon city incident(RE 2) so if anything its around the same time period if not the other way around if they are using the start of the raccoon city epidemic. Most likely though its a few months apart timeline wise from 5. or if they are using the day the bombs were dropped and umbrella shut down as the date. Gotta remember,the Raccoon city incident is when the virus spread to the town not when they were in the mansion. RE 5 specifically in its description says its 11 years after the mansion not the outbreak. And with the look of the game and from what we can see of the story(very little) it looks way more like a sequel then a prequel type deal to RE 5

It says that RE 5 takes place 11 years after the mansion incident(RE 1) and RE 6 is 10 years after the the Raccoon city incident(RE 2) so if anything its around the same time period if not the other way around if they are using the start of the raccoon city epidemic. Most likely though its a few months apart timeline wise from 5. or if they are using the day the bombs were dropped and umbrella shut down as the date. Gotta remember,the Raccoon city incident is when the virus spread to the town not when they were in the mansion. RE 5 specifically in its description says its 11 years after the mansion not the outbreak. And with the look of the game and from what we can see of the story(very little) it looks way more like a sequel then a prequel type deal to RE 5

There is only two months between the incidents of the mansion and Raccoon City. Both were in 1998. So RE5 took place in 2009 (11 years later) and RE6 takes place in 2008 (10 years later).

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/22/rumor-resident-evil-six-may-support-six-player-co-op.aspx

If the Xbox.com website is to be believed, Resident Evil 6 will support six players in online co-op.

This comes from the Xbox.com profile for Resident Evil 6, but without an official announcement from Capcom, I'm holding back my excitement. It makes sense though, considering that the cooperative play of Resident Evil 5 was one of its best features. Also, the director of Resident Evil 6, Eiichiro Sasaki, was behind Resident Evil Outbreak, the multiplayer Resident Evil that released on PlayStation 2.

The profile also cites online multiplayer which usually means competitive kind.

For more on Resident Evil 6, check out our breakdown of the trailer. Resident Evil 6 is set to release in November of this year on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Archived