Can the WWE Divas Division be Saved?

THE COOLGUY879™

frankly ur average fan doesnt care about divas it mosty internet fans who really care now a days

The only reason why the average fans don't care is because the WWE don't give them a reason to. With either no storylines or very poor ones and 3 minute matches, nobody's going to give a damn about them.

Fans cared with Sable or Trish or Lita because WWE put effort into their stuff. The only diva fans really care about is Kelly and that's because they've pushed her the most.

And it can be saved, but the WWE don't want to save it, so it's highly unlikely it'll change for the forseeable future.

Even though I like Kelly Kelly, I would like to see a bit more variety maybe a bit more of Eve Torres, AJ (My personal favourite), Natalya (turn her back into a face and feud with Beth Phoenix) and in a part-time capacity much like Booker T, bring back Trish Stratus (Course we can do that with WWE '12).

RAW:

DOD vs Bellas [And not just because it's team vs team. Bellas when given time can really show some good skills]

Kelly [sLUTTY HEEL] vs Eve [booty Popping HOEE Face]

SD:

AJ vs Maxine

Then of course the long awaited Beth vs Natalya and sub feuds like the returning Layla & AJ vs Maxine & new diva Naomi

I also see potential in Maxine

Del Rey, and others. You have to admit, sooner or later WWE needs to start snatching up more and more big name indy stars. It could save them money in the long run, since they have to release some of those who fail, and are generic trash.

WWE have no interest in those women though. At any time, they could easily scout and send out contracts to the Indy women's wrestlers but they just don't want to. I'm sure most of those girls would jump at the opportunity to get even a try out match with the company, but WWE don't have any interest in them, which is a shame.

Maybe after Kharma gets back and if she becomes a success, it could translate to WWE broadening their horizons. With Punk and Bryan's success lately I'm more optimistic for Indy talent in the WWE so who knows.

Can it be saved? Sure

Will be it be saved? Probably not. Beth Phoenix losing quick matches to people like Alicia Fox and Kelly Kelly are prime examples. Sure Kharma will help and when she eventually faces Beth it should be a great match. But where will you go from there? In TNA you have Awesome Kong and Gail Kim putting on great matches but luckily TNA also had tons of other great girls to back up the top stars and have feuds when Kim and Kong weren't facing each other and still make it interesting. In WWE you only have enough talent that I can count in my first hand and it's just not enough and it's not important enough to Vinnie Mac or anyone else for it to be fixed the right way.

^this

well said btw

As many others have said, it can be saved but the WWE don't want it to be - I think I read an article on PWPix about Creative being down on the Divas...when they're the ones coming up with the storylines...

What I would do is bring in some Indy talents which have the Diva look, and ensure Divas had separate identities. My plan would be too drastic for WWE because it involves remodelling the entire division, so it would look like this:

RAW

A.J.

Beth Phoenix

Britani Knight

Cheerleader Melissa

Jennifer Blake

Kharma

Natalya

Kelly Kelly - Manager

Maxine (change her name back to Liviana; Maxine is boring IMHO) - Manager

SmackDown

Daffmey

Ivelisse

Layla

Naomi

Tenille Tayla

Tamina - Manager/Occasional Wrestler

Aksana - Manager

Training in FCW

Audrey Marie

Christina Crawford

Kaitlyn

Leah West

Raquel Diaz

Released

Rosa Mendes

The Bella Twins

Eve Torres

Alicia Fox

So nobody thinks an All diva Brand could work

No, I don't.

Would it give the ladies time to develop and grow as performers? Yeah, but if there's no care or effort from the higher ups then it really means nothing. If they don't believe in and care about the Divas then it really wouldn't change anything.

NXT 3 was turned into a huge joke by the company, not only due to the green-ness of the girls but because of Cole and his shenanigans. Cole's Vince's puppet, what Vince feels he says through Cole, and Cole did nothing but crap on the Divas the entire time and belittle them. Gail's recent claims about the company do nothing but back this up, that they don't care about the Divas.

Yes. But it would require a lot of work and time to make it happen.

The Divas Division is a magnified example of the overall problem with the WWE: too much focus on looks, not enough focus on talent, and lackluster character build, development and exposure. They started getting on the right track with Kharma and the Divas of Doom, but for one reason or another things haven't quite panned out.

Divas aren't the problem. The writers are. Looking forward to Alicia/Beth though. I just wish they'd give them time and don't rush them again but they usually do give them time on PPV.

Aside from members of this board and friends of the performers, I don't know anybody who wants it to sutvive

Seeing as how the divas match on RAW gained more viewers than the main event, I'd say you're wrong.

Del Rey, and others. You have to admit, sooner or later WWE needs to start snatching up more and more big name indy stars. It could save them money in the long run, since they have to release some of those who fail, and are generic trash.

Del Ray is unmarketable and would never really be over with most fans. Which is why most indy women never work out in the WWE and never will. Unless she had some kind of monster gimmick but that only lasts so long.

tbh the only time divas were noticed was when they were slutty and used as bitches to superstars. Everything else was boring and there just to fill air time imo. Apart this perhaps..lita was the only diva I actually loved to see wrestle. She was extreme - everything else feels like super PG superstars wrestling.

Yeah that's right, kindly ignore the era of Alundra Blayze, Bertha Faye, Wendi Richter, Moolah, Bull Nakano, Sensational Sherrie.

tbh the only time divas were noticed was when they were slutty and used as bitches to superstars. Everything else was boring and there just to fill air time imo. Apart this perhaps..lita was the only diva I actually loved to see wrestle. She was extreme - everything else feels like super PG superstars wrestling.

Yeah that's right, kindly ignore the era of Alundra Blayze, Bertha Faye, Wendi Richter, Moolah, Bull Nakano, Sensational Sherrie.

Blayze and Faye did well because the divas were on tv about once a month, if that. Plus interest pretty much fizzled when Blayze left hence why it was de-activated. And Moolah, Richter, etc were noticed but most people should actually watch those matches from back then. They were shit.

And about the divas having their own brand. It isn't necessary. All they need is one-two really strong segments a night, not an entire brand. That's what supposed to make them special. They're different and offer something the men aren't able to. WWE just doesn't take advantage of that and the potential market they miss out on with the divas.

Archived